Breaking: Liu Guoliang is no longer the head coach of CNT

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2017
Liu Guoliang is no longer the Head Coach of the CNT. He is appointed the Vice President of Chinese Table Tennis Association.

The news is posted on the official website of General Administration of Sport of China today.

The CNT has changed the coaching system. There are no longer positions of the head coaches of men's team, women's team and the whole CNT.
Instead the CNT will work toward the establishment of men's and women's coaching groups.

The same day Head Coach of Men's team Qin Zhijian registered a new account on Weibo. He hasn't post anything yet.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Not sure if OP wording is clear enough

LGL is promoted
There is no longer a CNT head coach position
There is no longer a Mens head coach position
There is no longer a Women's head coach position

They are moving towards player-coach style,
so you will get Men's coaches (group) and women's coaches (group)

I am not too sure how much of this has to do with Japan's system.
On the same note, I am not sure how much this will alter the uniqueness of the CNT system
I guess there is a big chance we will see the best of both worlds:
- each player (main player) will have an individual focus, and not based on team focus (Japan style)
- each player (main player) will still have huge practice partner resource (CNT style)

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I am really curious if this is a "promotion" or a real promotion. This is like trying to interpret personnel moves in the Kremlin or Beijing circa 1972.

It seems like the national teams have thrived but who knows what is going on behind the scenes?

Is it possible LGL will be a super VP? Or are they kicking him out of the way? If so, why?

Rainever, in China do tbey say why? (To be honest, LGL always struck me as a bit of a self-promoter. Maybe he made some enemies?)

Last edited:
Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
All kinds of rumors are out there now. Most people think LGL is kicked out, a consequence of KLH's gambling issue and Cai Zhenhua's losing power.
In LGL's interview before 2017 WTTC, he clearly expressed his reluctance to be an official.
Start at 6'

I am really curious if this is a "promotion" or a real promotion. This is like trying to interpret personnel moves in the Kremlin or Beijing circa 1972.

It seems like the national teams have thrived but who knows what is going on behind the scenes?

Is it possible LGL will be a super VP? Or are they kicking him out of the way? If so, why?

Rainever, in China do tbey say why? (To be honest, LGL always struck me as a bit of a self-promoter. Maybe he made some enemies?)

Reactions: NextLevel
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I see. Someone else over at MyTT also suggested that the problem with KLH is causing troubles for LGL also. From the perspective of someone far away and in a different culture that seems harsh, at least the way things are these days. After all, LGL had nothing to do with KLH's gambling debt.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
You know the culture is quite different and KLH's case is huge. He has no chance to go back to CNT. LGL as the head of CNT is also blamed for :(

Cai Zhenhua is the Deputy Director of State General Administration of Sports where his power is from. In addition to the president of CTTA and CBA (badminton), he is the president of the Chinese Football Association, where he may make some enemies. Yesterday there was a sudden appointment of the secretary of the new Director of State General Administration of Sports to take over some of Cai's power in the Chinese Football Association. This is a signal of Cai Zhenhua losing his power as the Deputy Director. Is LGL also affected because of his close relationship with Cai Zhenhua?

I see. Someone else over at MyTT also suggested that the problem with KLH is causing troubles for LGL also. From the perspective of someone far away and in a different culture that seems harsh, at least the way things are these days. After all, LGL had nothing to do with KLH's gambling debt.

Last edited:
Reactions: eyepop
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Whatever the case may be , this is not going to be good for the chinese team members , whoever is in power will put unnecessary pressure on the players to perform so that they don't lose face without paying any attention to the condition or the history of the players , I think overall the players will lose direction ... I would not be surprised if we see soon the retirement of ZJK ... which will be very sad to me personally as a fan ... but that the direction things are going , looks like ...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
Whatever the case may be , this is not going to be good for the chinese team members , whoever is in power will put unnecessary pressure on the players to perform so that they don't lose face without paying any attention to the condition or the history of the players , I think overall the players will lose direction ... I would not be surprised if we see soon the retirement of ZJK ... which will be very sad to me personally as a fan ... but that the direction things are going , looks like ...

what about promotion ?? even in the video which rain sent Liu classified vice president post as a promotion !!! but As you said zjk 's situation in the team gonna be in danger . liu is one of his main supporters in the team .
https://www.sohu.com/a/150555531_420510 here is an artical u can revert . Now all zjk must do is Winning if not it maybe his last year :(:( ( I hope not )

Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Xie xie, but the translation to english on the article is not at all good ping_fun. Its difficult to understand .
what about promotion ?? even in the video which rain sent Liu classified vice president post as a promotion !!! but As you said zjk 's situation in the team gonna be in danger . liu is one of his main supporters in the team .
https://www.sohu.com/a/150555531_420510 here is an artical u can revert . Now all zjk must do is Winning if not it maybe his last year :(:( ( I hope not )

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Reactions: ping fun
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
Thank you Ping , homework for rain , please read all the articles and provide us with a summary of the rumors :D

hahahaha ... really funny ;) we have chinese here we should use this chance . this time better translation comes by google chrome

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
The rumor I'm hearing is also saying relation between LGL and CZH went sour....this is punishment to LGL. Also, seems CAI is also losing his power.