BREAKING: Ma Long & Fan Zhendong boycott CHINA OPEN!

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
http://sports.qq.com/a/20170627/053999.htm
LGL's new post. 1. They must firmly support Xi. 2. He supports "reform". 3. He did not know the boycott beforehand. 4. He was concerned about the huge public responses.
Need to read between the lines but I cannot conclude if it is good news for CNT or not.

QZJ was able to share LGL's post saying "Go, CNT. Go China". Other 4 did not and will not be able to share LGL's post anymore.

LGL hit top 10 hot search a few minutes ago but now removed from hot search.

People are still angry.

Wow! Put this together with what I wrote earlier on this page about Xi and it all makes a consistent picture. I suspect LGL is scared right at this moment (not about going to jail or anything like that, but about other consequences that will still be unpleasant beyond, at this point, losing his dream job). In fact, when I google translated it, it sounds like a guy crapping his pants. He has no safety net since unlike Ma Long or FZD, he isn't going to win any more gold medals!

Xi does not like a free internet and he tolerates criticism a lot less than his two predecessors. (Once a cute young child famously suggested that Xi might want to lose a little weight, and the media picked it up as a charming story. By the next day it was washed out of the internet. Hu Jintao or especially Wen Jiabao would have just laughed about it and used it to their advantage to seem more human). So the more Chinese netizens complain about this insane situation (justifiably) the worse it will go for LGL. (Especially if he is even the slightest bit "dirty" because everything you read about Xi says he is committed and sincere about anti-corruption because he believes in total party control, and corruption in party officials DE-legitimizes party control and foments dissent).

Also, when Xi came into power, he managed to get read of lot of the people in the top levels left over from the Hu Jintao era, and everybody with a significant job in the Chinese government owes it to the Xi faction.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
The post is read only. People can "like". Comments and shares are allowed at the very beginning then become invisible.

This is repeating since the boycott. Some posts like the players' protest were deleted. Other posts with dozens of thousands of shares and comments became read only. That is the reason of people's anger. It is far beyond CNT now.

So the post is visible?but no one can share or comment, why is that?

Reactions: TTFrenzy
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
LGL posted two cartoons of Xi in his post. I don't think he did so without permission. He made it clear that he supports Xi's guide on reform. Not Gou's. He said there are problems with "the management center". You need to know that CNT is under TT/badminton center of GAS, which has nothing to do with CTTA. The coaches were hired by TT/badminton center but they are not the employees of this center.
http://pyzx.sport.gov.cn/n5331/c797172/content.html

LGL's brother LGD also wrote a post just now. He talked about their father's advice to them on TT career and he had to comfort LGL every day during Rio Olympic Games because LGL faced huge pressure of must-win. At the end, he said "......I understand that you are worried about the coaches who have been working with you, and the players with (champion blood)! You have taken all the responsibilities that you should take! ....." Not sure what he hinted.

Wow! Put this together with what I wrote earlier on this page about Xi and it all makes a consistent picture. I suspect LGL is scared right at this moment (not about going to jail or anything like that, but about other consequences that will still be unpleasant beyond, at this point, losing his dream job). In fact, when I google translated it, it sounds like a guy crapping his pants. He has no safety net since unlike Ma Long or FZD, he isn't going to win any more gold medals!

Xi does not like a free internet and he tolerates criticism a lot less than his two predecessors. (Once a cute young child famously suggested that Xi might want to lose a little weight, and the media picked it up as a charming story. By the next day it was washed out of the internet. Hu Jintao or especially Wen Jiabao would have just laughed about it and used it to their advantage to seem more human). So the more Chinese netizens complain about this insane situation (justifiably) the worse it will go for LGL. (Especially if he is even the slightest bit "dirty" because everything you read about Xi says he is committed and sincere about anti-corruption because he believes in total party control, and corruption in party officials DE-legitimizes party control and foments dissent).

Also, when Xi came into power, he managed to get read of lot of the people in the top levels left over from the Hu Jintao era, and everybody with a significant job in the Chinese government owes it to the Xi faction.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
I see a few users writing they are sad and dissappointed that ML FZD XX will face severe punishment but for me and I guess for the majority of chinese, the administrations has already lost face due to the public outcry, no fines and no bans can change that.

Those 3 guys are already even more popular which seems good, at least for me, in the long run

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
THE DUCK THAT LAIED GOLDEN EGGS.
short_stories_goosewithgoldeneggs3.jpg

They displaced LGL from the National Team coaching post for no good reason.
They killed the Golden Duck. Such a folly.

Reactions: Xanderngzien
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
It is a match they are destined to lose.
Think about the career path of previous OG champions in men's team since LGL's generation. Very few become officials in provincial sports administration (WLQ, Lv Lin) and the rest are all TT coaches in CNT or provincial teams (LGL, KLH, Yan Shen, Ma Lin, Wang Hao, Wang Tao, Chen Qi). The reform of new GAS director just pushes the best players of CNT from making more contributions to CNT after their retirement.

I see a few users writing they are sad and dissappointed that ML FZD XX will face severe punishment but for me and I guess for the majority of chinese, the administrations has already lost face due to the public outcry, no fines and no bans can change that.

Those 3 guys are already even more popular which seems good, at least for me, in the long run

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
I just read LGL's and his brother Liu Guodong's posts.
LGL's made me realize China is much more similar to North Korea than most of Chinese admit, especially when people are forced to praise officials' "wise" governance and guidance in order to ensure their (people's) safety. Liu Guodong is only trying to depict LGL as a honorable and responsible man who always put country's honor in the first place, trying to soften possible harsh punishment from upper gov.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
It is a match they are destined to lose.
Think about the career path of previous OG champions in men's team since LGL's generation. Very few become officials in provincial sports administration (WLQ, Lv Lin) and the rest are all TT coaches in CNT or provincial teams (LGL, KLH, Yan Shen, Ma Lin, Wang Hao, Wang Tao, Chen Qi). The reform of new GAS director just pushes the best players of CNT from making more contributions to CNT after their retirement.

only cai zhenhua (as far as I know) got an administrator position (being more politican than an actual coach or administrative support to CNT ) all these years, dont confuse politics with sports careers. If LGL or any other player/coach pursue a career after then theu would certainly build it up through the years even as athletes, so they probably dont care anyway

Besides, what more can they do as politicians to improve CNT that they cannot do as coaches ? Coaching staff and making good budget deals is the 1st important step u need some level of politics to do that, but as the current administrator showed you can do a great deal of damage to a prosperous situation if you have never been a real part of it . CZH LGL have fought their way up and in my eyes deserve to get involved, even if this includes "stepping on dirt" sometimes.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
CZH is the deputy director of GAS and is in charge of soccer, swimming and so on. He is the president of CTTA but CTTA is not an administrative org. Before he became the deputy director of GAS, he was the director of GAS-TT/badminton center, by which CNT is administrated. Li Yongbo (former head coach of badminton team) was the former director of TT/B center. Lei Jun is the current director since this May, who used to take charge of baseball, hockey and handball. Perhaps this is the initial "cross-border move" of the new GAS director Gou. The two deputy directors have been around for a while.
http://pyzx.sport.gov.cn/
Lv Lin (1992 OG MD gold) was CNT coach since 1998 and went to Zhejiang for an administrative job in 2006. He was promoted to the deputy director of Sports Bureau of Zhejiang Province in 2011. He is in charge of swimming, shooting, cycling and so on. Not as powerful as deputy director of GAS, but still powerful.
http://zjsports.gov.cn/xxgk/zfxxgkml/zzjg/ldxx/2015/05/08/13666.htm

WLQ became the director of Shanghai TT/B center since 2013. Ma Lin became the director of Guangzhou TT center and head coach of Team Guangdong since 2014. The director of the TT center at provincial level is an official, not necessarily a politician.

LGL does not have any administrative title. He is hired by TT/B center as the chief coach in April. If he became the director or deputy director of TT/B center in May, he may follow CZH's path in administration. However, he did not either because he did not want to or because he was not able to get that position.

only cai zhenhua (as far as I know) got an administrator position (being more politican than an actual coach or administrative support to CNT ) all these years, dont confuse politics with sports careers. If LGL or any other player/coach pursue a career after then theu would certainly build it up through the years even as athletes, so they probably dont care anyway

Besides, what more can they do as politicians to improve CNT that they cannot do as coaches ? Coaching staff and making good budget deals is the 1st important step u need some level of politics to do that, but as the current administrator showed you can do a great deal of damage to a prosperous situation if you have never been a real part of it . CZH LGL have fought their way up and in my eyes deserve to get involved, even if this includes "stepping on dirt" sometimes.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
CZH is the deputy director of GAS and is in charge of soccer. He is the president of CTTA but CTTA is not an administrative org. Before he became the deputy director of GAS, he was the director of GAS-TT/badminton center, by which CNT is administrated. Li Yongbo (former head coach of badminton team) was the former director of TT/B center. Lei Jun is the current director since this May, who used to take charge of baseball, hockey and handball. Perhaps this is the initial "cross-border move" of the new GAS director Gou. The two deputy directors have been around for a while.
http://pyzx.sport.gov.cn/
Lv Lin (1992 OG MD gold) was CNT coach since 1998 and went to Zhejiang for an administrative job in 2006. He was promoted to the deputy director of Sports Bureau of Zhejiang Province in 2011. He is in charge of swimming, shooting, cycling and so on. Not as powerful as deputy director of GAS, but still powerful.
http://zjsports.gov.cn/xxgk/zfxxgkml/zzjg/ldxx/2015/05/08/13666.htm

WLQ became the director of Shanghai TT/B center since 2013. Ma Lin became the director of Guangzhou TT center and head coach of Team Guangdong since 2014. The director of the TT center at provincial level is an official, not necessarily a politician.

LGL does not have any administrative title. He is hired by TT/B center as the chief coach in April. If he became the director or deputy director of TT/B center in May, he may follow CZH's path in administration. However, he did not either because he did not want to or because he was not able to get that position.

yes that why i believe its the government lost much more with the whole incident than the protesters did. Im sure they can stop them being coaches or put obstacles in their careers but I doubt it they can stop them from running a business, in china or abroad so, the fact that the people even irrelevant with TT considers them as "heroes" will probably help them in the future, who knows im really curious to see how the situation will be handled both in china and from ITTF

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Worst comes to worst .... what will happen is these guys will move to T2 APAC or some such professional league which is outside the control of CTTA and make a lot more money than superleague once it becomes popular across the globe ... then the Govt. will step in once they see that money .. .and either try to bring that league over or try to formulate a compromise under the table
yes that why i believe its the government lost much more with the whole incident than the protesters did. Im sure they can stop them being coaches or put obstacles in their careers but I doubt it they can stop them from running a business, in china or abroad so, the fact that the people even irrelevant with TT considers them as "heroes" will probably help them in the future, who knows im really curious to see how the situation will be handled both in china and from ITTF

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016

In Chinese TT history of head coaches, these are Xu Yinsheng, Li Furong, Xu Shaofa, Cai Zhenhua, then LGL.
First two all reached at the top post in TT or sports admin, so was CZH.
When you say "what more can they do as a politician", you're thinking from a different angle from Chinese.
They became politician not to do more good stuff to sports, but they would enjoy more power and higher social status even more "income". In China, administrative power is above all power.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Worst comes to worst .... what will happen is these guys will move to T2 APAC or some such professional league which is outside the control of CTTA and make a lot more money than superleague once it becomes popular across the globe ... then the Govt. will step in once they see that money .. .and either try to bring that league over or try to formulate a compromise under the table

Ι think you are a bit pesimistic but on the other hand maybe I am too naive who knows the result/punishment will "tell"

The administration really crapped their timing to take such a decision and the players/coaches found an opportunity and acted fast, imho it was smart because they all knew they fans and lots of people will support them

Reactions: ttmonster
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I just read LGL's and his brother Liu Guodong's posts.
LGL's made me realize China is much more similar to North Korea than most of Chinese admit, especially when people are forced to praise officials' "wise" governance and guidance in order to ensure their (people's) safety. Liu Guodong is only trying to depict LGL as a honorable and responsible man who always put country's honor in the first place, trying to soften possible harsh punishment from upper gov.

In North Korea (or in Iraq when sports were run by the sons of Saddam Husein) they would be dead by now. China is not that bad of a place.

At the times when all the old Red Guard / Communist rhetoric is again unleashed in China it is still pretty shocking. Westerners focus on that and are appalled by it. I still am. Chinese know how to ignore that part and can still find the real message buried within, like Rain did when he noted that LGL is in effect criticizing the GSA for management issues, even as he sucks up to Xi Jinping. I guess you kind of have to learn how to do it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016

I'm not saying China is same as North Korea, and you'd find that's not my perception if my previous posts are read. It just reminded me of the resemblance that I saw Koreans crying and holding Jeong Eun Kim's arm while praising all the glorious acts of great leader.

Gou from GAS has a common tendency as XJP, strengthening central administrative governance and make sure no one from grassroots could overthrow or disobey.

That was why LGL mentioned "I support Xi Jinping's advocacy on reform". Gou and Xi are in the same line. To minimize the damages being done, LGL has to play soft and admit the wrong doings which are not wrong. To criticize GAS is indirectly criticizing Xi Jinping.
Interesting enough, before today, the name of Xi Jinping was not brought up by any media in news related to this "protest" thing. Lots of people blamed it on Gou Zhongwen, but no one associated Gou's reform with Xi. Gou was just simulating a similar management path as Xi Jinping. To defy and doubt Gou's reform, that would indicate same doubt to Xi.

Last edited:
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I know you didn't mean it was the same as NK. I just wanted to make the point in case someone else thought that. I agree, the Dear Leader stuff is a scary. There was a bit of that going on in a recent Trump cabinet meeting. It was ridiculed severely.

I am still amazed that XJP tolerates a cretin like Gou.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016

A new update. GAS held an emergency meeting this morning and defined players' protest as an act disgracing the country and was extremely wrong.