BREAKING: Ma Long & Fan Zhendong boycott CHINA OPEN!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
Also said "sports reform is a must-do, enabling China to become a STRONG sports country from a big sports country.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
BREAKING: Ma Long & Fan Zhendong boycott CHINA OPEN!

Tencent sports on Weibo also posted about this meeting just now...... why a meeting held on 26th is reported on 28th....
Damn.

So is Sina Sports! Only posted earlier today! When news is not new any more! But I didn't see report on this meeting on 26th.

At this meeting, it's also pointed out, athletes should be clear "you're not playing for your coach, you're playing for your country"

Country again! Always pull this country shit.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
CZH was in charge of Volley Center in last Olympic cycle. But since this April, he was no longer in charge. So again it shows it is a war between Gou and CZH.

You're right, meeting was dated on 26th, but I saw it through a screenshot of news released on 28th on Volleyball website

So, my mistake.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
War over what? Why would Gou want CZH out?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2017
@rainneverever
Plz stop spreading the conflicts among CNT fans groups. Not something proud.

And the fan group of every single CNT player has villains, Not only zjk fans.
Ridiculous but true.

All we need to know is that players are fine. That's enough.

In this special period, all of us are feeling worried, angry and upset. Keep calm and stay focus on the follow-up.

Last edited:
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Actually, in a table tennis forum that is based and operated in countries where the internet is free and open, there is a lot more that is of interest in this affair than whether or not "the players are fine". Questions like, how did this happen? Who ultimately made the decision? What does this tell us about China in general?

And of course, are the players really ok?

As for conflicts between different TT fan groups in China, it is interesting that this exists, but then again, it happens with football fangroups too, so maybe not that suprising.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Actually, in a table tennis forum that is based and operated in countries where the internet is free and open, there is a lot more that is of interest in this affair than whether or not "the players are fine". Questions like, how did this happen? Who ultimately made the decision? What does this tell us about China in general?

And of course, are the players really ok?

As for conflicts between different TT fan groups in China, it is interesting that this exists, but then again, it happens with football fangroups too, so maybe not that suprising.

Those questions would never be answered.

one player who "disappeared" from CNT - Guo Yue.
Easily could still be A team caliber, just "retired"

KLH "disappeared" since WTTC

From the public space, there will only be speculations
from official channel, they will only cover up
That is China for you

For the rest of the free world, enjoy the speculations

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Gossip is what makes Internet GREAT! I love to hear more drama regardless :)

sadly, people are informed to be quiet
my sources can really say much.
too much at stake

then we have all these clued up people who read chinese media and give us information on this forum
and some times, they also give us incorrect information
Like that eat rat video, even has wrong dates too lol

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Check why I brought it up! Ruoh started to spread rumors originally made by ZJK fangirls and I reputed with evidence. You are not blaming people who made things up but asking people to stay silent and NOT to clarify. Are you with Director GOU?

@rainneverever
Plz stop spreading the conflicts among CNT fans groups. Not something proud.
And the fan group of every single CNT player has villains, Not only zjk fans.
Ridiculous but true.
All we need to know is that players are fine. That's enough.
In this special period, all of us are feeling worried, angry and upset. Keep calm and stay focus on the follow-up.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Check why I brought it up! Ruoh started to spread rumors originally made by ZJK fangirls and I reputed with evidence. You are not blaming people who made things up but asking people to stay silent and NOT to clarify. Are you with Director GOU?

haha
from what I can tell
there are a lot of forum members who read chinese forum or media and become "heroes" in TTD and other western forum.
What they are doing is just a messenger
but some times it becomes a broken telephone

most of the time I just laugh
but I'm not sure how much other forum members will pick up fake news and live with it

there is also tons of speculations on chinese forums, so I just see this as a broken telephone chain

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
True there is absolutely no reason to think that a Vietnamese guy living in France would have any secret insight on the machinations of Chinese sports politics, so I never even bothered to click once I saw who it was.

I know too that some stuff about this whole affair we will not find out soon or ever.

Still, the public reaction to this on Chinese social media is interesting to me because it provides a little window into how much people are willing to accept the bull$hit on this and other subjects. That is a relatively new phenomenon in China that gives a bit of a real time view. The reaction is as interesting as the events themselves. The things people (like LGL) have to say to try to protect themselves are also pretty interesting (as well as the way they say it). This is bigger than ping pong. And of course, it is also interesting to see how people occasionally try to defend it.

The part on this thread about Chinese fan factions is not so interesting (and detracts a bit from the larger picture). The fans of a subset of popular icons can be annoying the world over. (Ever seen a "BeLieber"?)

Also, I don't mean to be China-bashing by any of this but the government there does have total control, and the ways they go about keeping it should be something those of us in "free" countries need to learn about since some of our own governments might try to emulate it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Everyone has opinions and speculations. But to make speculations sound, one has to provide sources and rationales. For example, I speculate the 3 players will be banned from international tournament for at least 3 months based on LSW's case. And I won't believe ML and M Lin spoke out for LGL because of a hot-pot restaurant they invested together 2 years ago as ZJK fangirls believe while a much simpler explanation is that M Lin knows LGL for more than 20 years and ML knows LGL for some 14 years; they just spoke for a person they know and trust.

haha
from what I can tell
there are a lot of forum members who read chinese forum or media and become "heroes" in TTD and other western forum.
What they are doing is just a messenger
but some times it becomes a broken telephone

most of the time I just laugh
but I'm not sure how much other forum members will pick up fake news and live with it

there is also tons of speculations on chinese forums, so I just see this as a broken telephone chain

Last edited:
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
As for Chinese people at TTD and elsewhere relaying to us what appears on Chinese websites and media, that is actually a service to non-Chinese speaking people! How else are most of us going to find out? A lot of us are sophisticated enough to know that average person on the street does not know what is going on in secret meetings, and that the government controls the message on official news outlets. But how else would we have learned about some of the "reforms" people like Gou Zhongwen have proposed for Chinese sports? It is not going to be reported outside of China. And that is an important context to what we are seeing. Even key elements, such as the LGL and CNT "apologies" would not appear elsewhere, or the fact that comment sections are blocked. You would need to speak Chinese to find that. I don't.

This protest is pretty unprecedented so any information we can get from anywhere can be evaluated on its merits but is appreciated, at least by me.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Well, i'm fine with people give facts and links.

this whole fan boy rant is normal, just like in soccer your ManU fans and Arsenal fans already have decades of rant.
the messengers just need to know what is real and what is fake, and hopefully don't contribute to fake news
that is the only way we can uphold the quality of content in TTD

Interesting to see how the gov will tame the whole situation
Fans are indeed agree
You can only control people for so long.
Sooner or later the 1 million internet police will not be enough

Reactions: TTFrenzy
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
The final entries for the Australian Open which starts this Sunday include Xu Xin and Fan Zhendong. The latest they can cancel their entry is on the 30th, we will know by then whether we have the first "punishment".

Reactions: RidTheKid and yoass
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
The final entries for the Australian Open which starts this Sunday include Xu Xin and Fan Zhendong. The latest they can cancel their entry is on the 30th, we will know by then whether we have the first "punishment".

It's 29th today! So we would know by Friday!