Butterfly Grubba Carbon FL question

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2023
Hello,

I have a Butterfly Grubba Carbon FL blade which was gifted to me ~10 years ago..

Is this blade ok for a beginner, or a wood Primorac of Korbel would be better option?

Between Rozena or Glayzer which one is recommended ?

Thank you for any advice!

Attachments

• butterfly-grubba-carbon-fl.jpg
    butterfly-grubba-carbon-fl.jpg
    492.6 KB · Views: 150
It is OK, the blade is a little old but it should still be OK if it’s been stored in a dry place.

Does the rubbers need to be butterfly?
If You are a beginner go cheap. For a beginner between those two I would select Rozena.

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: Haraold and aknd

mil

This user has no status.

mil

This user has no status.
Nov 2012
It is OK, but I would get a Korbel which is great for improving and feeling the ball. The Grubba Carbon has one more downside - you will not find a similar blade when you will want to upgrade... maybe a Gionis Off, but that is heavier and discontinued as well.

Reactions: Haraold
This user has no status.
played my first few multiskill with this Blade 2 years ago,this is one of the best All+ Blades ever made.
Pair a T05 on it,
was the most accurate Multi Bh drill i ever made,lol.
I even talked to the Server and Every shot was on the Plate.This is a treasure my friend!A WSC with more Flex.
I Bet you can Play the Nittaku H3 Turbo BS on fh constant with this Blade :)
Some old guys will kill for this blade,so be carefull with it.

Reactions: Kolev
This user has no status.
The Petr Korbelk might be okay for you. As for rubbers, either Rozena or Glayzer. The Glayzer has somewhat better performance for roughly the same price.
YEah but i think you should go with the normal both sides.but he has the Rozenas for 2 months,that is a waste to change em.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Is this blade ok for a beginner, or a wood Primorac of Korbel would be better option?
I´ve played with this years ago and it is one of the most versatile blades I´ve had. For me it worked with thicker inverted rubbers, my friend still uses it with long pips.
As a controllable carbon blade it is what quite a few people are looking for and what is often missed on the market. I think it wouldn´t ask too much of your beginner and could stay with him for a long time as a basis for changing/upgrading rubbers as you go along.

Generally, I think if what one has is not too extreme (in either way, I´ve seen beginners with oversized DEF blades because daddy had one...) the beginners will adjust, and no extra money has to be spent.

Rozena should work just fine, Glayzer too.

And like someone said, this blade is sought after for its unique qualities, so if your beginner makes a decision for all wood you could think about selling it, if you´re so inclined.

This user has no status.
I´ve played with this years ago and it is one of the most versatile blades I´ve had. For me it worked with thicker inverted rubbers, my friend still uses it with long pips.
As a controllable carbon blade it is what quite a few people are looking for and what is often missed on the market. I think it wouldn´t ask too much of your beginner and could stay with him for a long time as a basis for changing/upgrading rubbers as you go along.

Generally, I think if what one has is not too extreme (in either way, I´ve seen beginners with oversized DEF blades because daddy had one...) the beginners will adjust, and no extra money has to be spent.

Rozena should work just fine, Glayzer too.

And like someone said, this blade is sought after for its unique qualities, so if your beginner makes a decision for all wood you could think about selling it, if you´re so inclined.
i started with the normal Grubba back then,it is one of the best allround till-off Blade around,maybe on the slow off- side but the feedback from this is insane.
Some of the Legendary Blades from the 80 and 90 s were incredible crafted.
I would go full force D05 in max on both sides and you will be able to play that Blade forever.
Its one of those Primorac,Waldner,etc Blades which you are lucky to have still!.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
This blade has a wonderful feeling and excellent speed when you need it, but the cherry of the cake is the sense of control it gives. Friend of mine has it with F3 and Slice and I often hit a ball or two. Absolute gem