Innerforce ALC; FH D09c & BH D05 2.1mm

says no dream is too big.
Apr 2024
Hello guys, I hope you are all good and your topspin win points:geek:
I need a bit of help with my setup if you don`t mind;
A few months ago, I took up table tennis seriously and like any self-respecting beginner, I bought a blade far beyond my technique😅 Serves bring me many points but during the rally I make many stupid mistakes due to the lack of control. I chose this wood because it is a good combination between speed and control and even if my evolution is visible, I feel that the blade is beyond what I can do for now, I mean I have my good moments but not with consistency. At the time of purchase, I had no idea about all-woods such as Petr Korbel (Japan), Primorac (Japan) or Falcima or about the forgiving rubbers suitable for beginners...now my big dilemma is whether it's better to stay with this setup and work hard on my technique until I understand what it offers or change something in it or simply switch to a setup like Petr Korbel with FH Glayzer 09c and BH Glayzer to evolve more easily ?
What are your thoughts about this ?
I like the Butterfly brand but I focus on their products because it is very accessible in my area to buy/return them.

Thank you and have a good one ! Take care

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
A few months ago, I took up table tennis seriously and like any self-respecting beginner, I bought a blade far beyond my technique😅 Serves bring me many points but during the rail I make many stupid mistakes due to the lack of control. I chose this wood because it is a good combination between speed and control and even if my evolution is visible, I feel that the blade is beyond what I can do for now, I mean I have my good moments but not with consistency. At the time of purchase, I had no idea about all-woods such as Petr Korbel (Japan), Primorac (Japan) or Falcima or about the forgiving rubbers suitable for beginners...now my big dilemma is whether it's better to stay with this setup and work hard on my technique until I understand what it offers or change something in it or simply switch to a setup like Petr Korbel with FH Glayzer 09c and BH Glayzer to evolve more easily ?
I like the Butterfly brand but I focus on their products because it is very accessible in my area to buy/return them.

I would just keep what you have, take care of it well, and it may last you over a year and you have time to get better.

Reactions: Aizen and racadabra
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
A few months ago, I took up table tennis seriously and like any self-respecting beginner, I bought a blade far beyond my technique😅 Serves bring me many points but during the rail I make many stupid mistakes due to the lack of control. I chose this wood because it is a good combination between speed and control and even if my evolution is visible, I feel that the blade is beyond what I can do for now, I mean I have my good moments but not with consistency. At the time of purchase, I had no idea about all-woods such as Petr Korbel (Japan), Primorac (Japan) or Falcima or about the forgiving rubbers suitable for beginners...now my big dilemma is whether it's better to stay with this setup and work hard on my technique until I understand what it offers or change something in it or simply switch to a setup like Petr Korbel with FH Glayzer 09c and BH Glayzer to evolve more easily ?

I think the blade is OK. Inn alc is not particularly fast or hard to control. But the rubbers are a little two much for a beginner. But the problem for lack of control is probably due to your technique. I think you can still advance with the current setup. For beginners, the problem is usually using too much power (hand/shoulder). A slower set will let you feel better control, but your technique problem is actually still there.

Reactions: racadabra
Apr 2024
I think the blade is OK. Inn alc is not particularly fast or hard to control. But the rubbers are a little two much for a beginner. But the problem for lack of control is probably due to your technique. I think you can still advance with the current setup. For beginners, the problem is usually using too much power (hand/shoulder). A slower set will let you feel better control, but your technique problem is actually still there.
Thank you!
Such a good point about “power”, sometimes I have shoulder pain because I’m too tense🤦🏼‍♂️
Do you think the Glayzer is a good option ? Similar profile with Dignics but more forgiving and not that sensitive to spin or you have other rubbers in your mind?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Thank you!
Such a good point about “power”, sometimes I have shoulder pain because I’m too tense🤦🏼‍♂️
Do you think the Glayzer is a good option ? Similar profile with Dignics but more forgiving and not that sensitive to spin or you have other rubbers in your mind?
rozenna is probably a better choice

Reactions: racadabra