Care of the racket

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Hello, my rackets are 40, 50 dollars, I wanted to know how I should take care of my racket I have that "suitcase" to protect the racket but even so in 1 or 2 weeks I feel that the ball is no longer make so much effect and the rubber is no longer so "sticky".
What can I do to make my racket good? Where should I put it? How do you protect your rackets? Please help me when I buy the racket it comes perfect but 1 week later it gets different ...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2017
Hello, my rackets are 40, 50 dollars, I wanted to know how I should take care of my racket I have that "suitcase" to protect the racket but even so in 1 or 2 weeks I feel that the ball is no longer make so much effect and the rubber is no longer so "sticky".
What can I do to make my racket good? Where should I put it? How do you protect your rackets? Please help me when I buy the racket it comes perfect but 1 week later it gets different ...
Sticky rubber pickup more dust than normal rubber. U need to clean it and put a non sticky plastic cover after each used.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
If you have tacky chinese style rubber, you can wet the rubber a little and wipe it with your hand with some speed so that all the bits of dust cling together into tiny clumps and then wipe again with the side of your hand to remove them..
Then cover with with a clean plastic sheet making sure there are no air bubbles and no more moisture.

Its like when you dig in your nose for snot and its sticking to your fingers so you have to roll it into a ball so as you roll it it becomes dark with all the dirt on your fingers and also becomes less sticky so you can fling it at someone.
Welcome!

Also if its hot and humid where u are just dont use tacky rubbers.

If you have regular rubbers then just breath on the rubber to moisten it and wipe with ur hand. Theres also sticky films you can get to protect it from oxidation damage

Last edited:
Reactions: Atas Newton
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
My racket is not very professional, despite being approved by the ITTF it cost 40 dollars it has already been made with boracha and wood. In the racket he says it's Simon Gauzy's

Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
Romolus, you use literally 3 drops of water if it's a tacky rubber. just the moisture of a deep breath if it's not tacky

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Since it seems Rómulus isn’t quite getting it, video footage.

In the video I mention plastic sheets and ways to cover your rubbers. Most people I know, do not bother with doing this. But it does help so you can.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
So sticky plastic cover for non sticky rubber and non sticky plastic cover for sticky rubber?

I use non sticky plastic sheets for my rubbers and they work fine on Tenergy, MXP, FXP and any other rubber I have used which is a long long list.

The plastic sheets I use come from the covers of stock reports from different companies.

c26158ce6b6ad1ac102adfeea44d6daf.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
When I bought the racket it already came with a plastic on top of the rubber, but I did, should I continue one over the rubber whenever I keep the racket? And can I tap my hand hard on the rubber racket, like you did in the video?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
When I bought the racket it already came with a plastic on top of the rubber, but I did, should I continue one over the rubber whenever I keep the racket? And can I tap my hand hard on the rubber racket, like you did in the video?

I feel like the questions you are asking have been answered already. If I did it in the video, you can do it.

You do not need to cover the rubbers with plastic sheets. But you could if you want. As I said in the video, you could also cover the rubbers with a plastic bag, plastic wrap, I have seen people cover there rubbers with the cardboard that comes with the rubber packaging. But most players I know do not cover the rubbers. So that is not needed. The main thing you probably need is some method for cleaning the rubbers. The video shows you two simple methods. There are many more. But you don't need more than one simple method.