Changing my forehand rubber

says Aging is a killer
Simple really.
What weight do you want your setup not to exceed?
Check the weight of each of the 3 components of your setup, blade, fh rubber and bh rubber. Decide which could be lightened through a change.
Other things to watch for;
Do you boost? Boosting adds weight to your rubber.
Glue. have you been using several layers?
Even edge protector tape can add significant weight.
I have wrist, elbow and shoulder problems so I have opted for a light setup (179g) as in my profile.

This user has no status.
Simple really.
What weight do you want your setup not to exceed?
Check the weight of each of the 3 components of your setup, blade, fh rubber and bh rubber. Decide which could be lightened through a change.
Other things to watch for;
Do you boost? Boosting adds weight to your rubber.
Glue. have you been using several layers?
Even edge protector tape can add significant weight.
I have wrist, elbow and shoulder problems so I have opted for a light setup (179g) as in my profile.

The hurricane rubber is really heavy and that is what I'm going to change.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
The hurricane rubber is really heavy and that is what I'm going to change.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but unless your sponge is over 40 degrees in hardness, your blade will weigh the same with most modern rubbers unless you use a much softer modern rubber. The real difference is the swing speed you need to get the ball moving once you modify your stroke.

Reactions: bobpuls
This user has no status.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but unless your sponge is over 40 degrees in hardness, your blade will weigh the same with most modern rubbers unless you use a much softer modern rubber. The real difference is the swing speed you need to get the ball moving once you modify your stroke.

Haha maybe I was just too tired during the game that I can't swing my racket as fast anymore. lols

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Haha maybe I was just too tired during the game that I can't swing my racket as fast anymore. lols

It happens to everyone who is not a pro. You keep swinging with that Hurricane and then you swing with something like Tenergy and wonder whether your shoulder needs this sh*t. I quit MX-S for the same reason. But I heard Omega 5 Asia is a bit higher throw and more forgiving than MX-S so I might try that.

This user has no status.
It happens to everyone who is not a pro. You keep swinging with that Hurricane and then you swing with something like Tenergy and wonder whether your shoulder needs this sh*t. I quit MX-S for the same reason. But I heard Omega 5 Asia is a bit higher throw and more forgiving than MX-S so I might try that.

Haha yeah these (Hurricane, MX-S) rubbers need a lot of effort
just 3 months ago my backhand rubber was MX-S. I just want to polish
my forehand technique then return to Tenergy afterwards lol

My prospects for FH are Andro Rasant Grip, Donic Acuda Blue, Xiom Omega
then I decided with Tenergy haha! basing from the reviews of many rubbers
it is always incorporated and compared with Tenergy. Tenergy 05 is still the king
hands down

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Haha yeah these (Hurricane, MX-S) rubbers need a lot of effort
just 3 months ago my backhand rubber was MX-S. I just want to polish
my forehand technique then return to Tenergy afterwards lol

My prospects for FH are Andro Rasant Grip, Donic Acuda Blue, Xiom Omega
then I decided with Tenergy haha! basing from the reviews of many rubbers
it is always incorporated and compared with Tenergy. Tenergy 05 is still the king
hands down

Tenergy 05 is the king amongst Euro-type when it comes to loop drive spin or easy spin, yes. Because of your blade, it might be the only real option. But I think that Tibhar Evolution, Xiom Omega and Victas V>15 come pretty close these days so that at our level, it is more about preferences if you look at the whole set up.

This user has no status.
Tenergy 05 is the king amongst Euro-type when it comes to loop drive spin or easy spin, yes. Because of your blade, it might be the only real option. But I think that Tibhar Evolution, Xiom Omega and Victas V>15 come pretty close these days so that at our level, it is more about preferences if you look at the whole set up.

I think Nexy designed the 4th gen blades for poly era rubbers.
I might try those above mentioned rubbers and see what fits.
I still do not fully know her(Akrasia) there are still times that I
am completely puzzled how this blade produces more spin than Visca or Mizu