China stickiness rubber

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
If I REALLY want to keep the H3 tacky, (I never do though), I use as RicharD suggests a plastic cover that self-adheres with surface tension. I wipe down rubber with a combo of lemon juice and olive oil first. RicharD correctly states that oxidation is a killer of topsheet elasticity and that maintenance crazy amatures (listen up Korea) go WAY overboard in this respect. Olive oil rejuvenates that and the time with the plastic cover helps. One good wipe down with olive oil mix and an overnight stay under a protective sheets bring back 120% of H3's tackiness. Yes, I mean that makes it even tackier than from factory. However, besides just making a show of having to vigorously shake the bat to dislodge the ball stuck to tacky topsheet to wow the amature crowd, I really dislike that level of tackiness. Simply half tacky is plenty tacky for me. The trick to making extreme spin on serves when you need it is wrist speed at impact, that is all timing and proper effective movement.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
If I REALLY want to keep the H3 tacky, (I never do though), I use as RicharD suggests a plastic cover that self-adheres with surface tension. I wipe down rubber with a combo of lemon juice and olive oil first. RicharD correctly states that oxidation is a killer of topsheet elasticity and that maintenance crazy amatures (listen up Korea) go WAY overboard in this respect. Olive oil rejuvenates that and the time with the plastic cover helps. One good wipe down with olive oil mix and an overnight stay under a protective sheets bring back 120% of H3's tackiness. Yes, I mean that makes it even tackier than from factory. However, besides just making a show of having to vigorously shake the bat to dislodge the ball stuck to tacky topsheet to wow the amature crowd, I really dislike that level of tackiness. Simply half tacky is plenty tacky for me. The trick to making extreme spin on serves when you need it is wrist speed at impact, that is all timing and proper effective movement.

Will this home recipe work on old non-tacky rubbers?will it make a rubber tacky?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2014
Read 6 reviews

Interesting. I would think the olive oil make the rubber smoother and therefore less grippy and tacky, so it's a great thing for me to try. I'll do it on my old tacky YinHe rubber which I don't care about, and then on my h3 neo if it works well. It seems like from what you wrote, this does not need to be done often to retain the tackiness of the rubber. Thanks a lot!

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
The treatment does not make a normally grippy rubber tacky, but lemon juice and olive oil can bring back some of the elasticity. Still, if the rubber is badly oxidized it is game over dude. Cut Ur losses and get sum new rubber. You deserve it.

I have before made a normally grippy rubber (XP 2008) very tacky by rubbing the daylights outta it over days with my palm firmly. After a few days, I was making the top layer a little rough but very tacky. I could hold a ball easily. This was a 4 month old sheet, which for normal once a week players, would take a few years to get that used.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
Well.. I knew oiled rubber but i don't need to be more tacky my rubber than before. I just want to maintain my rubber's stickiness and manage to remove from any dirts or dust after playig game. So using the plastic cover is enough. Thanks a lot and i'll try it when i really need to do that:)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2014
Read 6 reviews
Olive oil keeps the topsheet alive and healthy.. but dont overdo coz your rubber will get soft. Once a week will do. For everyday cleaning sponge + water is good, at the end of the day seal it with a plastic cover :)

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

Do you use this method? If so, do you think you could post a video? That way we can see how you do it and how much you use. Thanks!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
Olive oil keeps the topsheet alive and healthy.. but dont overdo coz your rubber will get soft. Once a week will do. For everyday cleaning sponge + water is good, at the end of the day seal it with a plastic cover :)

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk
Once a week.. maybe i'll try it next monday in my country. Okay! Thank you:)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
For me though, I just simply use a sponge with water on it, wipe it and dry it immediately using my cotton cloth, that makes my H3N pretty tacky...
Oh, i have a question. When you're using the cotton clothe to dry rubber, i think dusts attch on the rubber because H3 rubber is so tacky. Isn't it? Thank you:)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2014
Oh, i have a question. When you're using the cotton clothe to dry rubber, i think dusts attch on the rubber because H3 rubber is so tacky. Isn't it? Thank you:)
Yes it does, but not much. The little dust on it actually giving it a little more grip though. I've try wiping it on a dryfit cloth but the result is not as good as cotton cloth

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
Yes it does, but not much. The little dust on it actually giving it a little more grip though. I've try wiping it on a dryfit cloth but the result is not as good as cotton cloth
Wow, Interesting. That's GOOD informtion. Thank you so much:)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
My sweat is perfect. It keeps non-tacky rubbers like XP 2008 just grippy and it keeps tacky rubbers like H3 only semi-tacky, just like I like it.
Ewwwwww

That's all i can say.
Ewwwwwwwww
[Emoji12]
I have tried cleaning with water, sweat only, spray on rubber cleaner but after I tried Revolution nr.3, Rubber Cleaner & Rejuvenator and only 1 drop after each time after training and plastic protection sheet i find it remarkable just insanely great product.

I'm also using it and i must say i'm quite satisfied. But one shouldn't overdo it, since it seems to be containing some oil that softens up the topsheet.

Last edited: