Who do you think will win the China Super League (CTTSL) 2014?

• Ningbo Club – Ma Long, Yan An, Joo Se Hyuk, Lin Gaoyuan, Lyu Xiang

Votes: 30 42.9%
  • Luneng Club – Zhang Jike, Timo Boll, Hao Shuai, Fang Bo, Wu Hao, Wei Shihao,

Votes: 30 42.9%
  • Jiangsu Club - Dimitrij Ovtcharov, Zhang Chao, Cui Qinglei, Lin Chen, Wu Jiaji, Cai Wei, Wang Yikai

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Bayi Club - Fan Zhendong, Wang Hao, Zhou Yu, Xu Chenhao

Votes: 5 7.1%

• Total voters
says bebakhshid.
says bebakhshid.
Jun 2012
I am slightly confused here because lots of users on here seem to have tested the new plastic DHS ball and not many have reported that its broke. I am guessing this orange and white ball is the same as the DHS plastic ball but with just different colour on it (two tones of colour?). So if this is the case it shows you that the professionals hit the ball much harder than us amateurs. It is crazy how many balls they have broken!
I don't think so. CNT had three matches with new plastic balls during their closed training for 2014 WTTTC. There where three matches: Zhang Jike vs Fan Zhendong and Ma Long vs Xu Xin and Ma Long vs Fan Zhendong. As far as i know only two balls broke in Zhang Jike vs Fan Zhendong match. So i think two toned balls are a little different from one toned ones.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2013
I heard that Chen Meng broke 5 new plastic balls and Li Xiaoxia broke 13 in one hour. So probably it's ZJK's problem, not the new ball's problem. :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
Read 3 reviews
I heard that Chen Meng broke 5 new plastic balls and Li Xiaoxia broke 13 in one hour. So probably it's ZJK's problem, not the new ball's problem. :)

I guess this has something to do with the amount of force the ball is struck with (by both players of course), I assume Zhang Jike was training with another guy and equally Chen Meng and Li Xiaoxia were training with fellow female players. Assuming Zhang Jike>Li Xiaoxia>Cheng Meng (we don't know about their partners of course!) in terms of power dynamics then the numbers kind of make some sense although Zhang Jike's rate of broken balls does seem out of all proportion to the other players :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2013
hey guys the new plastic balls will not be used i the play offs because of complaints they will continue to use the old ball until 21 august check it out on tabletennista

I didn't see the news. Can you provide a link? As far as I know, no such news in Chinese media. I'll check again.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2013
Bad news!

Ma Long won't be playing in the playoffs due to a waist injury suffered during yesterday's practice. He's on his way back to Beijing for treatment.

U154P886T1D29048F12DT20120929092808.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2013
Over at TableTennisTa

The article talks about using new plastic ball in ITTF approved or sanctioned competitions. It said nothing about 2014 CTTSL playoffs. CTTSL makes its own rules and as far as I know, CTTSL has not withdrawn the decision in using DHS 40+ orange/white double colored plastic balls in playoffs.

Reactions: persistence
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2013
I guess this has something to do with the amount of force the ball is struck with (by both players of course), I assume Zhang Jike was training with another guy and equally Chen Meng and Li Xiaoxia were training with fellow female players. Assuming Zhang Jike>Li Xiaoxia>Cheng Meng (we don't know about their partners of course!) in terms of power dynamics then the numbers kind of make some sense although Zhang Jike's rate of broken balls does seem out of all proportion to the other players :)

Good thinking!

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Bad news!

Ma Long won't be playing in the playoffs due to a waist injury suffered during yesterday's practice. He's on his way back to Beijing for treatment.

Yikes! That is bad news for the Ningbo team! I hope the injury is not to serious.