This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I am a looper, especially with a lot of spin, is it a good choice or should i buy an other blade?
I ask these questions because i want to improve my game and I want to buy a new blade...

scorpnox, which team you play and what ranking do you have?

This user has no status.
Thanks for the pics they are awesome... I just bougt 2 TG3, 2 H3 and 1 Pg7.One of this rubbers is for my little brother and the other ones are for me. The idea is to try ma longs blade. Therefore i will tune those rubbers to soften the sponge. I bought the H3s just to see which one I like the most. Now on my backhand I will try the roundell that I have been using in my forehand. I am pretty good with my backhand so I am pretty sure I can adjust to any rubber. But I just happened to see this page http://ttnpp.com/shop/where I saw that the TO 5 was $67 and the other butterfly rubbers were cheaper as well. I am kind of sceptical with this page. Has any one bought the Tenergy O5 and can guarantee that it is not the fake one...??? if it is true i might get either T05 or T64

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Hi,

does anyone know if the chinese players have upgraded their dhs rubbers to neo versions of hurricane and skyline?
or are they sticking with the standard hurricane 3 / skyline 3.
because i was fancying trying skyline 3 neo for my forehand...

Alex

Chen Qi plays with the Neo version I think

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
CNT player use Tenergies on the BH because they're bouncier and provide better speed more compact strokes. The H3/TG3 need larger strokes and a lot of power to reach similar speed levels as the Tenergies, but they provide better control in the service/return game, so they're used on the FH.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
there you can see that chinese players boost. wang hao never plays a normal sriver ... ;D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
Hey All

The DHS Hurricane 3 neo, witch many of them are using in there forehand is special made for the Chinese National team. You can know it by the blue sponge. The ones you can buy in the stores it not at all like this one. Playing with it requires a lot of skill. Instead of wasting a lot of money on this rubber i highly recommend to play with a soft rubber in the forehand. This will help you gain more control of the ball and it really will make you be able to loop with more spin and control.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
Actually the best rubbers have medium to hard sponge and a hard topsheet. They help you feel the ball much better than rubbers with softer sponges and softer topsheets. Rubbers with medium topsheets and soft sponges have really good control, but the DHS rubbers are great rubbers regardless of commercial, provincial or National. I have National Blue sponge H3 and Sky 3 and they play amazingly, but the thing about these rubbers is that they are WAY more consistent than the commercial or provincial versions. Commercial is still the best bang for your buck if you rely on technique and footwork rather than habitual play.

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
Quite a lot actually Judah. They check what kind of glue you're using, whether the rubbers are not tempered with, especially the pips, whether they're glued properly, they're all legal rubbers (there're a whole lists of banned rubbers), they measure the thickness and weight of the equipments too.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
What do they do in a racket control?
I volunteered for racket control once in one of the ittf junior circuits. We had a list of all the approved racket coverings to make sure they were using a legal rubber, and then we had to check if the rubber extended over the limits of the blade. The man doing racket control usually did this. There are other things he needed to check too. Next we used a Mini-RAE Lite machine to test for VOC's. The machine costs over US$2000. It has a metal cup which you place over each rubber for 20 seconds. The problem was the room we were in was very humid, and there were so many rackets coming in and out. We would always have to start the test when the reading was over 2.0 ppm (We would take difference from the start reading to the end reading) and whenever it went over 3.0 ppm the machine would start beeping. They told us to close the door because the beeping was distracting the players, which made the room even more hot, and the beeping was bouncing off the walls and driving us crazy! Then we had a device to test the rubber thickness (under 4.0 mm) and the rubbers could not be too concave or convex. The worst part was that players kept showing up right before their match starts when they were supposed to show up 20 minutes before, and we have to check 20 rackets in 5 minutes! And for every racket we had to write a report of what rubber they were using, the ppm reading, the thickness of the rubber, etc...we had to use paper bags to deliver the rackets to the umpires.

Reactions: Suga D