This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
WOW!!!what a complicated sport table tennis is
yup. I find it's really unnecessary to send every report to ittf, especially since sometimes we checked the same racket 5 times!! and there were a million other forms the racket control guy had to fill out and send. It's too much work imo, but being an Olympic sport, i guess that's the way it is :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
hmm interesting topic . I want to share my opionion about DHS H3 and skyline rubbers compared to euro rubbers . First of all playing TT and practicing to get better everyone agrees that u must improve your technique not your equipment , personally i believe that equipment is only 10 % of the game 90 % is just practicing and getting better better through time . My point is that if your finishing FH topspin is very fast and powerfull then with a better rubber it will get even faster , but u will lose control in blocking and short playing . I dont believe that chinese rubbers require lots of skills to play with its just that comparing to euro rubbers they are slow but they give tons of spin . The reason that top chinese players will never play a chinese rubber on their BH is that BH technique at their level is to play counter BH rallies and blocking , how many times have you seen chinese players to hold for 3-4 sec a diagonal BH fast topspin rally (thats right ! never !) but in FH bcoz FH uses whole body motion (waist shoulder wrist feet etc) its much easier to hold a fast FH topspin rally . So there it is , in FH u need spinny rubber in order to have good services and service returns and a good spinny topspin but in BH u need a euro rubber with speed and control (control + speed are opposites so actually the combination of euro rubber and blade that gives the perfect speed+control result) and as much spin as possible ->

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2012
Thanks for the pics, i've been wondering for so long what equipments do these champions use and lo here it is...most have something in common, they use black for FH and mostly DHS, while BH is red and butterfly...no wonder they're so expensive...

i'm out of the sport for quite long, what's new with ITTF rules regarding what color be used for FH.?is there?

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
anybody who knows what they are playing with this 2012 championships?

Its probably quite similar however Ma Long has changed his blade and I think forehand rubber. Perhaps after the WTTTC 2012 we could do a review on what the Chinese players are now using by looking at the footage after the championships :)

ars

This user has no status.

ars

This user has no status.
Mar 2012
hmm interesting topic . I want to share my opionion about DHS H3 and skyline rubbers compared to euro rubbers . First of all playing TT and practicing to get better everyone agrees that u must improve your technique not your equipment , personally i believe that equipment is only 10 % of the game 90 % is just practicing and getting better better through time . My point is that if your finishing FH topspin is very fast and powerfull then with a better rubber it will get even faster , but u will lose control in blocking and short playing . I dont believe that chinese rubbers require lots of skills to play with its just that comparing to euro rubbers they are slow but they give tons of spin . The reason that top chinese players will never play a chinese rubber on their BH is that BH technique at their level is to play counter BH rallies and blocking , how many times have you seen chinese players to hold for 3-4 sec a diagonal BH fast topspin rally (thats right ! never !) but in FH bcoz FH uses whole body motion (waist shoulder wrist feet etc) its much easier to hold a fast FH topspin rally . So there it is , in FH u need spinny rubber in order to have good services and service returns and a good spinny topspin but in BH u need a euro rubber with speed and control (control + speed are opposites so actually the combination of euro rubber and blade that gives the perfect speed+control result) and as much spin as possible ->
i agree FH complete spin and attack and BH blocking and counter rallies

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Xu Xin's racquet from the World Team Championships 2012!

xuxinbat.jpg

Reactions: Suga D