CNT released the official team for WTTC 2015!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2014
Read 6 reviews
I don't really think China has to worry too much about the next generation players after the generation of ZJK, ML and XX.
It is not the 20 years ago when China were lack of talent while the rest of the world was really competitive. China has learnt from the history and they have a very well organized system to train and select talented players. With the large population of China, the number of talented kids and experienced coaches are much more than rest of the world. The kids in the Chinese system are trained very hard, so China has a poll of good players to select. This contributes to the dominance of China in this sports. We see the Ma Lin, Wang Liqin and Wang Hao after the generation of Liu Guoliang and Kong Linghui retired. And we have the Zhang Jike, Ma Long and Xu Xin after "two Wangs and one Ma". Now we see Fan Zhendong is really challenging ZJK, ML and XX and the players like Liang Jingkun (born in 1997) and Yu Ziyang (born in 1998) are already quite competitive. Never to mention the other young players in the B team. So I don't really worry that the dominance of China will be ended after these guys retire because China will never only have Fan Zhendong.

I think Japan will be a big competitor to China in the future because they have spent a lot of money in training the young talented players to challenge the champion in the Olympics 2020 as the host nation. Let's see how well they are prepared.

I met a 7 year old from china at a tournament that must've been 1650 or so. He was playing a match, and cho-ing really loudly, playing an acting very mean and ferocious, with some killer instinct in mind. He won the match—and he skipped off the court happily [emoji1]. In other words, if it's raining kids like this in china they won't have a problem keeping their dominance.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
Read 2 reviews
Thanks John!! It's interesting that none of the Chinese media noticed this change!!
Haha, yeah, I'm faster than chinese media !
smiley-laughing002.gif

Or maybe it's just a mistake but I don't think so because all the others entries seem right.