Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
I had some of what appeared to have been the latter, but not anymore. That passed in two days or so. It could have just been the whole leg and back being sore, though. I had something similar when I started doing standing work in work boots for the first time; could barely walk after I came home. Maybe it's something similar this time; typical fatigue. Either way it passed.

I do have a bit of a muscle knot kind of feeling in my right cheek, so there's something there. It's not super bad right now. Stretches did work.

If I was younger and less responsible I'd hit the club in a day or two, but I know now it is wiser to over-correct the treatment a bit just to make sure. Sit on it a few days (hehe) without any symptoms and keep doing rehab.
Is it on your right side? The piriformis does mostly external rotation, so if you use a lot of hip rotation during your FH stroke, assuming you're a right hander, then it would get stretched a lot during the back swing and activated strongly during the forward swing. Conversely if you're trying to use your hip rotation on the BH side.

Do some stretches (don't hurt it too much during stretching!), rest it for a few days (maybe do BH only practices?), and if symptoms are worse than mild then take Ibuprofen 3 times a day for a couple days and you'll be good enough to start playing again without worries.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Do you have a warm up routine that you do every time before you start playing?
I don't mean drills but stretches etc.
Yeah, TT can really stretch our leg/hip muscles a lot with how stiff they usually are and how strongly we use them when hitting power shots. Some stretching can really help here unlike say running or swimming.

Reactions: JeffM
says what [IMG]
Is it on your right side? The piriformis does mostly external rotation, so if you use a lot of hip rotation during your FH stroke, assuming you're a right hander, then it would get stretched a lot during the back swing and activated strongly during the forward swing. Conversely if you're trying to use your hip rotation on the BH side.

Do some stretches (don't hurt it too much during stretching!), rest it for a few days (maybe do BH only practices?), and if symptoms are worse than mild then take Ibuprofen 3 times a day for a couple days and you'll be good enough to start playing again without worries.
That is likely what caused it. My followthrough is not always full, but the backswing is. That combined with a low squat will put a toll on it.

I did a few stretches; I know not to go too far from previous rehabs. Now I'll just let it be for today, and probably a few more days. Maybe one rep of stretches a day. I need to do some for my quads and hamstrings too. I don't wanna continue playing until it's 95% healed at least.

It's really not too bad, painkillers never even crossed my mind. Just a bit of a pain in the ass, hehe.

Reactions: dingyibvs
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 8 reviews

Watch out for gastric ulcers with ibuprofen 3 times daily. I suspect Archo would be fine though given he seems quite young.

I see alot of ppl coming into ED with sports injury and Ibuprofen is a common drug I prescribe but only if they don't have absolute contraindications.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 8 reviews
That is likely what caused it. My followthrough is not always full, but the backswing is. That combined with a low squat will put a toll on it.

I did a few stretches; I know not to go too far from previous rehabs. Now I'll just let it be for today, and probably a few more days. Maybe one rep of stretches a day. I need to do some for my quads and hamstrings too. I don't wanna continue playing until it's 95% healed at least.

It's really not too bad, painkillers never even crossed my mind. Just a bit of a pain in the ass, hehe.
It isn't just pain relief but also anti-inflammatory effect. But you might not need it if you are recovering well.

Reactions: dingyibvs
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
It isn't just pain relief but also anti-inflammatory effect. But you might not need it if you are recovering well.
Right, I don't use it for pain at all, I did walk 2 months including a visit to Rome and Positano on a fractured leg (just the fibula, but still!) after all :LOL:. For inflammation it can really work wonders.

A couple days of 3 times daily Ibuprofen, assuming moderate doses at 400-600mg, should be fine unless you've got a history of stomach ulcers. Most cases of GI bleed I see are the elderly who've used a lot for at least quite a few days.

says what [IMG]
I have some light doses of ibuprofen and paracetamol laying around. I guess it wouldn't hurt to take a cocktail if I need to go out and about, if not just for some pain relief. However it could also help with inflammation which is likely present.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Friends- you do not need any anti-inflammatory medicines for your minor sports injuries. A thermotex far infared heating pad will do wonders for you. I have been using mine for nearly a year, and this thing is the best medical recovery device i have used by far...and i've used pretty much all of them (chinese cupping, TENS machine, massage gun, foam roller).

I have the platinum model. this thing comes highly recommended by Bob and Brad (to excellent physical therapists who run a popular youtube channel). they even have a discount code for $30 off "Famousptx"

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Far infrared heat is an excellent stimulant for increased blood flow (that brings faster healing) and helps for sure if you have it.
exactly. it's amazing what the human body has been created with.......

i'm telling you...my thermotex changed my life.

In fact, i'm using it right now as i sit as my desk. i must have slept wrong last night because i woke up with some tension in the lower back/hips. i'm getting my work done and recovering at the same time. I'm betting i'll be feelin great by the time i make it to the club tonight. i'll also be doing my typical 15-30 minutes of core stabilization isometric exercises before playing which will really have this 34 year old body ready to party. i mean play table tennis.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2023
I'm looking for some feedback about Sanwei inner super 75 PBO-carbon. If anyone has played it, please write your impressions. I saw videos about other versions this blade on the channel Gan, I’m interested in this one

Attachments

• 90504731372203079.jpg
    90504731372203079.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 27
Reactions: turbozed
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
bahaha. i just have the commercial version. i would love to hit with the TSOS for 30 minutes tho!
He gunna be crackin' it with a Kim Jung Hoon blade equipped with Aurus / Aurus Soft... so watch out what U askin' for... which is gunna be a LOT of spin and some assorted blazing power loops.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Read 3 reviews
If we are talking about ouchies i got one as well.

But first the positive, i started doing strength and conditioning work for like one and a half year now, like 3-6 hours a week. And it has been amazing, i never suffer from back aches or pulled hamstrings anymore etc...
I do however feel my sciatic nerve on the left side. The more since i started doing weighted workouts for my legs. (Nothing too heavy) and in combination with my Icelandic through-hike which i did this summer (with a lot of weight on my back) the sciatic nerve acted up again.

Does anyone of you have experience with sciatica?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
If we are talking about ouchies i got one as well.

But first the positive, i started doing strength and conditioning work for like one and a half year now, like 3-6 hours a week. And it has been amazing, i never suffer from back aches or pulled hamstrings anymore etc...
I do however feel my sciatic nerve on the left side. The more since i started doing weighted workouts for my legs. (Nothing too heavy) and in combination with my Icelandic through-hike which i did this summer (with a lot of weight on my back) the sciatic nerve acted up again.

Does anyone of you have experience with sciatica?