DHS Hurricane HAO III - Questions.

says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
I was just thinking of something. I've ordered this blade, seem really promising to my type of play. (Offensive with spins and loops, usually close to mid away from table(though ofc depending on the rally) with mainly lob for defence,I often lob against players I consider way below my lvl lol, no offence towards them)
Anyway, I noticed the description: (from: http://www.tabletennisdb.com/blade/dhs-hurricane-hao-iii.html )
"Wood with glass-carbon center core. The 5-ply blade with 1 ply fiberglass-carbon core gives power, attacking ability, and consistent control. The Hurricane Hao III has great characteristics of two-sided looping and high spin ability."

"One Glass-Carbon Center core" ->
From my thoughts on this, one center core of carbon would still give great feel (through the wood) while "boosting" the speed and attacking ability reasonably well, as mentioned above.
Firstly, do you know what kind of wood Hurricane Hao III uses? when it says "wood" it can be several different yes?

and! Does anyone know any other Blades with a similar ply set up? a Carbon center core. Instead of the majority consisting of 2 Plies of carbon..
I was thinking for a little while, how would the Textreme Carbon Technology do instead of "Glass-Carbon" as a center core?
"Textreme Carbon center core" sounds pretty OP? (if of course the Textreme is as good as it's made out to be)
Asking mainly out of curiosity, Any other viewpoints on it?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
Structure of HH3 is koto - ayous (horizontal) - fiber glass - ayous (horizontal) - koto.

There exist something similar other than DHS but can't exactly remember which one out of my head. DHS itself has at least 3.

The blade is thin and flex in design with a boost of power from the single FG ply. We can only guess what Textreme Carbon is like but if it is hard then it may have a totally different feel.

Reactions: Kaizoku
Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
Structure of HH3 is koto - ayous (horizontal) - fiber glass - ayous (horizontal) - koto.

There exist something similar other than DHS but can't exactly remember which one out of my head. DHS itself has at least 3.

The blade is thin and flex in design with a boost of power from the single FG ply. We can only guess what Textreme Carbon is like but if it is hard then it may have a totally different feel.

Thank you for the answer on wood! Very nice to know.
And yeah, I do asume there exist similar, though most blades I read (on for example tabletennisdb) it rarely mention detailed ply info (apart from number of wood and carbon, sometimes not even that), it often says two Carbon plies. though never once have I found one core ply in the middle apart from on the HH3.

And yeah, true we can only guess. Though I am sure stiga could find a good one core center ply combo with a couple other woods on the outside.
tbh, I do not hope all their Textreme blades will be with 2 carbon layers+, Hope for at least one with just one ply Carbon.
If the reviews for it turns out to be good, I might try it!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013

During the 90s bty produced something like that made of fiberglass. Itwas called ethel. I dont know the reason why they stopped production of these blàde ahead of sardius.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
Recieved Hurricane Hao III

Just recieved it to day!
Will share some pictures of it: (although similar can probably be searchable lol)
Will see if I can change their size for display later, but for now too big. :/ Picture links below ->

http://www.pictureshack.us/images/18853_20141120_172325.jpg
http://www.pictureshack.us/images/30317_20141120_172049.jpg
http://www.pictureshack.us/images/18228_20141120_172124.jpg
http://www.pictureshack.us/images/90285_20141120_172218.jpg

#PicturesBySamsungGalaxyS4

Marked: 202488 (what's the purpose of those numbers?) (lower left on the blade)
and HH3 S (on the handle) What's the S for?

Apart from a couple small scratches on the handle mark, it seems to be in pretty perfect shape.

NB: I Love the sound of it. A darker nice sounding pinch compared to the Silver Line Carbon blade.

Last edited:
We both know this is the one you want amazing blade I've got it

image.jpg

Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
We both know this is the one you want amazing blade I've got it.
attachment.php

Honestly I did consider that one as well, but Hurricane Hao III seemed more preferable for my type of play.
Firstly it loops better. (Long V is not recommended for loop play) Secondly I would not like to trade the amount of control on the Hao III for the speed I would get on the Long V. I am confident on my own skills on generating speed.
And "Overall" Hao III has a 1,6 higher rating + the fact that it has two more ratings than the Long V on tabletennisdb.
I came to the conclusion of it being better for me. :cool: And Honestly Long V would not be among my top 3 choices, mbby top 5.
Not to mention, I loved the fact it (Hao III) had ONE center Glass carbon layer. And not two carbon layers. :rolleyes:
Anyhow I respect your choice.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
Just recieved it to day!
Will share some pictures of it: (although similar can probably be searchable lol)
Will see if I can change their size for display later, but for now too big. :/ Picture links below ->

http://www.pictureshack.us/images/18853_20141120_172325.jpg
http://www.pictureshack.us/images/30317_20141120_172049.jpg
http://www.pictureshack.us/images/18228_20141120_172124.jpg
http://www.pictureshack.us/images/90285_20141120_172218.jpg

#PicturesBySamsungGalaxyS4

Marked: 202488 (what's the purpose of those numbers?) (lower left on the blade)
and HH3 S (on the handle) What's the S for?

Apart from a couple small scratches on the handle mark, it seems to be in pretty perfect shape.

NB: I Love the sound of it. A darker nice sounding pinch compared to the Silver Line Carbon blade.

The code is the unique serial number for each blade. It should match the code on the red data card. I see they have put HH3-L on shakehand and HH3-S on penhold so I guess the letter S means Short and L means Long.

Like to know your impression with fast Donic JP rubbers. I have tried a few fast and slow rubbers with mine but does not feel right.

Last edited:
Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
The code is the unique serial number for each blade. It should match the code on the red data card. I see they have put HH3-L on shakehand and HH3-S on penhold so I guess the letter S means Short and L means Long.
Like to know your impression with fast Donic JP rubbers. I have tried a few fast and slow rubbers but does not feel right.

Thank you for the insight! :D (Though a litle uncertain of what the "red data card" is... will check when I get home)
Though, must say, my "Equipment info" is wrong for now, but I know I will be keeping/changing to that combo once I get it lol.
Though for now (if you read my profile I explain it there)
"I bought: Yasaka Silver Line Carbon - Pen grip (together with FH: Tenergy 80 and BH: Donic Bluefire Jp 03) (Early Okt.2014) Messed up the Tenergy 80 a bit while assembling... though, I prefered the Donic bluefire jp 03 out of the two. So planing on getting Jp 01-Turbo on FH instead of Tenergy. (although I considered on getting double Jp 03's) My Registered combo (hao + same rubbers), is the combo I will put together by Jan. 2015. The Blade is on it's way. The rubber I'l wait with untill New Year."
The Tenergy 80 is still in shape to be put back on, I cleaned the glue of it, but I honestly prefered Bluefire Jp more, though that might be because of my lack of controling it.

Technically I'm waiting for the Jp 01-Turbo now (for the silver line blade) and don't even have that for the Fh yet lol. But will definitely give feedback once used!

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2013
Read 7 reviews
These DHS Hurricane series blades should come with a red data card stating the serial number, weight, thickness, balance point and some test data (just like the one on Pricey 11's HL5 photo). Hope you can find your ideal combo and share it here. Personally I think it is quite picky on rubbers.

Last edited:
Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
These DHS Hurricane series blades should come with a red data card stating the serial number, weight, thickness, balance point and some test data (just like the one on Pricey 11's HL5 photo). Hope you can find your ideal combo and share it here. Personally I think it is quite picky on rubbers.

I could not find the red data card.....
and an ideal combo would be nice, but then again, it's not the equipment making the player how good he is, although it does play a role. If it feels better than the silver line with same rubbers (which I presume it will) I wont hesitate to keep it.
I don't have the money to try every seemingly good combo out there xP

Last edited:
To be honest I was really impressed with the hl5 as on average is 100g which is quite heavy but mine was only 90g.
i was thinking about the HH3 but I prefer the blocking aspect and close to table drives, which I think the HL5 has the edge on.
if anyone wants me to do a review for the HL5 penhold and also Donic Ovtcharov senso v1.
just reply on here.

Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
To be honest I was really impressed with the hl5 as on average is 100g which is quite heavy but mine was only 90g.
i was thinking about the HH3 but I prefer the blocking aspect and close to table drives, which I think the HL5 has the edge on.
if anyone wants me to do a review for the HL5 penhold and also Donic Ovtcharov senso v1.
just reply on here.

I understand. Don't doubt that info could be correct. Ofcourse close to table drives do happend in most peoples matches, though, if I could control the game I do actually prefer mid distance play with loop/smash/sidespin. Though, overall, the blade is what you make it out to be in your own game. :p

there is a cheaper version with same composition

http://eacheng.net/index.php?act=detail&ID=3631

Yeah, that's interesting. I did look it up, and it's to some degree true.
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=60800
Though
"the quality control on the PG series is usually a lottery for the buyer." (and another guy +1'ed that)
Yes these blades are like HK III and HH III but lower quality control and not as comfortable. We had them at DHS in the WTTC in Paris. There is also going to be a new Hurricane Wang Liqin with Glassfiber as central ply that is going to be released in the next months."

In a "low on budget" situation it would be a good idea, though I'm glad I got the expence version.

Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews

I do not know if there exist better, as i have not tried all. But I just got my set made (Hurricane Hao III with Jp 01-turbo (black) on fh and jp 03 (red) on bh.
Of all sets I've tried, it is the best one by far.
Comparing it to the Silver Line blade, it has a MUCH nicer, pinch, a darkish pinch (sound) and feel. (The silver lines sound was light and weird :s) not to mention I love the design, though these are trivial matter.
Even though the speed is pretty similar, I think the HH III has way better controll (might be over exaggerating, but at least better). As well as definitely being better at looping (it's not like your average hard blade despite being stiff/hard in terms of spins/loops).

This is a set I will be sticking with for a long time, with the possibility of testing the PG 13 if I'm short on money lol.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
DHS HH3 Blade -- Excellent; Use Adidas TenZone Ultra & P7

I do not know if there exist better, as i have not tried all. But I just got my set made (Hurricane Hao III with Jp 01-turbo (black) on fh and jp 03 (red) on bh.
Of all sets I've tried, it is the best one by far.
Comparing it to the Silver Line blade, it has a MUCH nicer, pinch, a darkish pinch (sound) and feel. (The silver lines sound was light and weird :s) not to mention I love the design, though these are trivial matter.
Even though the speed is pretty similar, I think the HH III has way better controll (might be over exaggerating, but at least better). As well as definitely being better at looping (it's not like your average hard blade despite being stiff/hard in terms of spins/loops).

This is a set I will be sticking with for a long time, with the possibility of testing the PG 13 if I'm short on money lol.

I began using the HHIII last Fall, on the recommendation of the coach at my club. At first I found it heavy, as the head size was a little larger than the blade I was using. Control is great -- it's very accurate. Feel is good (great compared to most carbon blades I've tried).The coach recommended 2.0mm Adidas TenZone Ultra and P7 for this blade. I've found the combo has "a lot of gears." I'm interested in your additional comments on rubber sheets. I'm a two winged looper, counter-driver, and blocker (particularly backhand).

This user has no status.
I am a happy camper with this blade too, paired with Tenergy rubbers [05 on FH and 05FX red on BH].

It is really amazing for mid to far from table, i managed to do for close to table too, but i haven't that HL5 to compare with, and i am trying to play off table more often with this blade to have its best performance if possible.

Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
I began using the HHIII last Fall, on the recommendation of the coach at my club. At first I found it heavy, as the head size was a little larger than the blade I was using. Control is great -- it's very accurate. Feel is good (great compared to most carbon blades I've tried).The coach recommended 2.0mm Adidas TenZone Ultra and P7 for this blade. I've found the combo has "a lot of gears." I'm interested in your additional comments on rubber sheets. I'm a two winged looper, counter-driver, and blocker (particularly backhand).

Very interesting, I've seen great reviews on those rubbers, been wanting to try them... and I might do.
First time I bought the blade I got Jp-01 Turbo, with Jp-03 on bh, which worked amazing compared to the former combos. (Tenergy 80 with same bh rubber on a Yasaka Silver Line and a Yasaka Mark v Carbon pre-made) which implies I had nothing major to compare it to.
Then (months later) I found out I wanted a bit harder rubber on fh, but not too different (certain things I imagined would be better) and while I was at it I decided to test how my fh rubber would work on my bh, therefore my current set up... it was not bad, but there were certain things I missed with my jp-01 Turbo on fh, so as it's now I'd rather have the jp-01 Turbo on fh and Jp-03 back on the bh.
Although that was my conclusion, I am very curious on a few other rubbers, that I want to try lol.
I have no coach (for now) and am self taught through watching videos and reading online. (Kinda a hobby player that might have bought a bit too much equipment for my current level)

After reading a bit about the rubbers you mentioned I am tempted to try that combo myself... and then compare.
Only thing I was concerned about was that the Adidas Tenzone Ultra was mainly recomended close to the table, but hopefully the blade might give it a boost at being suited for at least medium distance, if not I'd just have to smash/loop it harder lol.
I am btw not so different, though I'm a penholder, I favour my fh, but my rpb is improoving, looper, often with sidespin, some lobbing and counter-driving, though I can block better with my left hand-bh with the shakehand grip so... blocking is not my favorable tactic, lol.

I've also been rusty lately because of a tennis elbow :/ (on my right hand) so I've been playing with left quiet a bit meanwhile my right has become a bit worse playing wise. :| I can't do much repetitive training before my elbow is healed.

If you're interested in my reviews though, you can read them here:
http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/equipment/rubbers/9575-bluefire-jp-01-turbo
http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/equipment/rubbers/9574-bluefire-jp-03

NB: I Think the weight is similar. my setup is a bit on the heavy side too.

Last edited:
Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews

I do now have the same set up as you (2 mm as well, just oposite colours, Tenzone Ultra being black on fh etc.)
Picture here! http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?10666-Share-your-Racket-s-Photo

I have not gotten the opportunity to test it properly yet, as school has been ending and stuff, but will try examine the differences after playing with them for a while and post it here.
(after first glance and just some ball punching in my hands)
Compared to the Jp rubber combo, this set up is actually slightly lighter. Which is a pro. The P7 is the one I'm most interested to test out, the Tenzone Ultra feels ofc similar (due being Tensor too), but I think the Tenzone Ultra is probably faster than both bluefire turbo's, yet excelent precision and feedback in the punch.
Wether I'l like it better than the Jp-01 Turbo / jp 03 combo or not, I'l find out in a few weeks probably.