DHS Inner Carbon Blades Comparison: Sun Yingsha, Wang Chuqin, Long 5 & B2X

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
🏆 Top 1% Commenter
Well-Known Member
Oct 2019
2,154
1,113
3,998
Read 5 reviews
Seems like you are a Loki fan. I have seen you a lot on loki thread.
Not a fan, but a user. I've tried different blades over the years. And the mass produced ones were hollow. I've used a bunch of different German rubbers, they died super fast.

I am just happy to have something that I can depend on, that does not cost an arm and leg. The W81 is slow a bit. I will keep using it for a while, but its a bit annoying that I have to put so much strength to activate it... I need to go the gym I guess.
 
  • Like
Reactions: kindof99
This user has no status.
Sources of blade variability in serial production, and effects of variation in wood density and thickness on vibration.
From my research, engineering knowledge, and culture on other topics, variability can come from a tiny thing as weather.

Wood comes from trees, and the same tree species can come from different location. Then for a similar location, each tree is unique, that creates variables. Additionally, the area of the wood plank cut can creates variation. Middle or outer part is different, which creates variable. That can be applied to each ply. The sealant between ply can also changes depending on the temp and moisture in the room when used (even altitude of the factory can impact that).

DHS and probably all brand, have multiple sources for their wood. Then, they make batches of blade with the same wood plank. Then when each blade is finished; they control each blade of the batch with measurement tools and eye control. Depending on the results they put a certain number for pros, and the rest for commercial sales
 
says what [IMG]
says what [IMG]
🏆 Top 1% Commenter
Well-Known Member
Feb 2016
2,820
1,746
5,754
Read 2 reviews
From my research, engineering knowledge, and culture on other topics, variability can come from a tiny thing as weather.

Wood comes from trees, and the same tree species can come from different location. Then for a similar location, each tree is unique, that creates variables. Additionally, the area of the wood plank cut can creates variation. Middle or outer part is different, which creates variable. That can be applied to each ply. The sealant between ply can also changes depending on the temp and moisture in the room when used (even altitude of the factory can impact that).

DHS and probably all brand, have multiple sources for their wood. Then, they make batches of blade with the same wood plank. Then when each blade is finished; they control each blade of the batch with measurement tools and eye control. Depending on the results they put a certain number for pros, and the rest for commercial sales
AFAIK the wood sourced for DHS pro blades is uniquely different from the commercial ones.
 
Top