Dimitrij Ovtcharov using Hurricane rubber at World Cup 2016!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Tylenol,

What you are saying is reasonable but it also shows how stupid you are when it comes to trolls.

Ah, you see how that last sentence gets you? You think that I am saying sense then I sat something that is ridiculous and it gets you going because you think I am serious when I am not and only saying it to get a rise out of you. If you know that I am only trying to annoy you, it is easy to ignore. But if you think I am serious, then you insult me back and it is me just poking you and you just getting angrier as I mix serious stuff with stupid stuff just to make you angry.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
The only thing that get's me going here is your auto correct to be honest :D

I can see how it annoys people, especially considering the language barrier in an english speaking forum with members from all over the world. I guess I just don't care as much, or I'm already used to it. Usually the people who troll around don't do it 24/7, and contribute to the community in some kind of constructive way (to remain a part of it and not get removed). If wrongdoing is the only thing he is good at a ban is reasonable though. Did he get one on all of his accounts btw or just the multi-acc/throwaway acc?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
I guess there are some difference between production lot and even within that lot especially when the rubber cannot exceed the thickness of 4.0mm so the thickness/hardness/weight of the top sheet varies quite a bit.

I'm all for legalizing booster but not the organic solvent stuff, that can be detected in the racket control. I played in the era when high school students were literally soaking their sponge in toluene. Don't want that.

Reactions: Suga D
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Did he get one on all of his accounts btw or just the multi-acc/throwaway acc?

All accounts. But he will be back with a new disguise soon enough.

I noticed how he innocently said:

I haven't posted in this forum for a long time and I was getting used to it.
I have nothing to do with tikitiki, but I must say his posts are quite entertaining.
So please don't try to blame every negative thing in the forum on me.

When he does this regularly. Maybe next time he will come from Compton since he likes pretending he is a ghetto gang member.

Sent from the Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2014
Switches for smash doesn't mean he's still with hurricane. If you check some matches some time ago when he was using both tenergy - sometimes he was switching also (not in all tournaments).

can you show it?

This user has no status.
Switches for smash doesn't mean he's still with hurricane. If you check some matches some time ago when he was using both tenergy - sometimes he was switching also (not in all tournaments).

What's the point in switching if you're using the same rubber on both sides? ;o

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2014
I believe it indeed does! Softer rubber gives more dwell time, and so more spin, as a harder rubber gives more "punch" speed at smashes... At least I think so :D
identical rubbers means identical hardness ;-)
you can't say simply - soft rubbers means more spin and hard rubbers means more speed - that's incorrect because you forget about blade.
Only with hard or stiff, soft or flexible blade ball can have more speed or more spin.
For example Hurricane 3 with hinoki OFF++++++ blade - very very slow rubber, and Hurricane 3+with stiga clipper OFF - very fast.

identical rubbers means identical hardness ;-)
you can't say simply - soft rubbers means more spin and hard rubbers means more speed - that's incorrect because you forget about blade.
Only with hard or stiff, soft or flexible blade ball can have more speed or more spin.
For example Hurricane 3 with hinoki OFF++++++ blade - very very slow rubber, and Hurricane 3+with stiga clipper OFF - very fast.

Taking your point in account, I also agree with that. In fact, your considerations was way wider than mine...

Th only think I thought about the "same-rubber-different-hardness" thing is that @fais was reffering to same model of rubber, not exactly two identical rubbers lol

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2014
Taking your point in account, I also agree with that. In fact, your considerations was way wider than mine...

Th only think I thought about the "same-rubber-different-hardness" thing is that @fais was reffering to same model of rubber, not exactly two identical rubbers lol
Oh, in that case - of course...
but, in topic - i really doubt that Dima reversing hist racket to hit by tenergy 05, IF HE HAS for example tenergy 64 on FH. why?
reversing of racket needs to not hit by sticky rubber because of unpredictability those rubbers.

This user has no status.
Does rubber hardness play a factor if the two rubbers are identical?

As others mentioned, it's a contradictory statement. However, with that being said, it's very unrealistic for two rubbers to be identical. If you're gonna go into your local store and pick out two of the same rubber model, chances are very slim for them to be identical. There is always going to be a slight deviation in terms of weight. Hence professionals select their rubbers, to have a similar performance every single time ;)

I've done something similar when I switched from MX-P to EL-S, I told the storeowner to select the two heaviest sheets of EL-S he could find (generally speaking, heavier = harder). I ended up being quite unlucky and couldn't get two equally heavy ones, so I just put the heavier one (coincidentially, it was the black one) on my forehand. In my case, the difference is somewhere around 2 grams for an UNCUT rubber in full packaging. Do I notice a difference between FH and BH hardness? No lol... but I'm satisfied with a placebo effect, knowing that my rubbers surely can't be too mushy - I selected them after all ... :D

Last edited:
Reactions: ajtatosmano2
This user has no status.
Tryzerlol is right. Check some latest posts in Timo Boll's facebook where he posted his rubbers before this european champs. People asked in comments what's that written on the sponges, he said he wrote weights, so that lighter (softer) goes for BH, and heavier (harder) goes to FH. So tenergy05 on both sides doesn't mean they're identical. Some time ago someone also posted in these forums from Samsonov that his FH MX-P is harder than BH.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2014
Guys, although two rubbers are not identical because of the weight difference, still no necessity to reversing racket to hit the ball flat. That's i talking back to the topic ;-)
PS: but pssst... if you're take two rubbers for example tenergy 05 with SAME WEIGHT. Red one will be softer than black. Surprisingly!??

This user has no status.
Guys, although two rubbers are not identical because of the weight difference, still no necessity to reversing racket to hit the ball flat. That's i talking back to the topic ;-)
PS: but pssst... if you're take two rubbers for example tenergy 05 with SAME WEIGHT. Red one will be softer than black. Surprisingly!??

That's really up for guys like Timo Boll and Ovtcharov and other players to decide for themselves. People will do what works best for them, regardless of what others think is or isn't "necessary".

Last edited: