Dimitrij Ovtcharov using Hurricane rubber at World Cup 2016!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2014
That's really up for guys like Timo Boll and Ovtcharov and other players to decide for themselves. People will do what works best for them, regardless of what others think is or isn't "necessary".
That's looks like sarcasm? no?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
That's looks like sarcasm? no?

No - it's actually pointing out that we can only speculate what Dima is thinking until he tells us what he think. I remember him saying that he was using a paddle optimized to play defenders for a certain match - either that or that the setup was broken so he had to use his regular setup... how do you know that kind of thing unless he says it?

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2014
No - it's actually pointing out that we can only speculate what Dima is thinking until he tells us what he think. I remember him saying that he was using a paddle optimized to play defenders for a certain match - either that or that the setup was broken so he had to use his regular setup... how do you know that kind of thing unless he says it?
How do you imagine that? FZD says... "really, guys, i play viscaria with stiga handle" ???
And with Dima - imho he would never say that he playing not donic equip.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
How do you imagine that? FZD says... "really, guys, i play viscaria with stiga handle" ???
And with Dima - imho he would never say that he playing not donic equip.

In other words, you are talking about what you can visibly verify vs. what the intention of the player is. Maybe there is a distinction somewhere in there that lets both of us be reasonably right if you look for it.

This user has no status.
I respect Dima trying new things. Not being concerned about his current standing, rather taking a hit if necessary for the purpose of improving. Whether he sticks with the DHS or not, I admire that he is willing to step outside of his comfort zone and take drastic measures not just to improve, but to learn and grow.

I strongly disagree with people criticizing his decision to try something new on the ground that he will falter as a player and his ratings will drop. To me, this is the mindset of someone who treats TT like a means to pay bills, not someone who pushes himself to improve #nevergoodenough #backtothedrawingboard

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
I respect Dima trying new things. Not being concerned about his current standing, rather taking a hit if necessary for the purpose of improving. Whether he sticks with the DHS or not, I admire that he is willing to step outside of his comfort zone and take drastic measures not just to improve, but to learn and grow.

I strongly disagree with people criticizing his decision to try something new on the ground that he will falter as a player and his ratings will drop. To me, this is the mindset of someone who treats TT like a means to pay bills, not someone who pushes himself to improve #nevergoodenough #backtothedrawingboard

Seems like internet users know better than a pro himself what's good for him :cool::cool: . The only people who can criticize with strong foundation what is going wrong (if something is going wrong) are the teammates that know him very well and his coaches . And the CNT probably since they study him so much.

All these theories are useless because people somehow forget that dima is a very meticulous player and constantly tries to find solutions just like ma long and when things dont go his way he gets really dissappointed and finds it difficult to adjust.

For me he played a really good game with dyjas but the ball really kept coming back (sometimes harder than expected), dyjas's performance was astonishing

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
I'm sure that Dima tested the Hurricane a lot in training before he finally switched from Tenergy. IMHO, in his match against Jakub, he played from technique and instinct and didn't care about strategy. (Un)fortunately Jakub improved a lot, played extremely aggressive. Dima's FH became very powerful, nothing wrong with the Hurricane and now he loops with maximum confidence.

I'm sure that Dima tested the Hurricane a lot in training before he finally switched from Tenergy. IMHO, in his match against Jakub, he played from technique and instinct and didn't care about strategy. (Un)fortunately Jakub improved a lot, played extremely aggressive. Dima's FH became very powerful, nothing wrong with the Hurricane and now he loops with maximum confidence.

Totally agree with this! Actually, this was an insane match! Both of them played really well, but Jakub could be a lil' bit more agressive and accurate, specially in his backhand strokes and blocks.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
This may be Dyjas' brealthough. Dima did not play badly. And his forehand looked good.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2014
Maybe it's just a bad day for Dima, just bad luck.
Of course Dyjas play good!