Dimitrij Ovtcharov using Hurricane rubber at World Cup 2016!

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
That's interesting, as most of the top sponsored players in Japan visits Butterfly factory and pick their rubbers straight out of the production. Most of them(Mizutani, Yoshimura etc) just choose the one with harder top sheet while some(Matsudaira) are obsessed with the color of the top sheet. Butterfly Sales person who has a son in the same club has taken me to Tamasu when Matsudaira was choosing his and it took 3 hours to choose 10 sheets so they must care about something...!
Lower grade sponsored players(top high school for eg) are supplied with 8 sheets per month by mail.

Rubbers are no different from what we buy at the local store except they get to pick theirs first. BUT, that's coming from Butterfly Sales so it could just be sales talk as many of you feel and believe that sponsored rubbers perform better.

Not sure if they can apply more boosting to Tenergy when they don't apply booster post production like DHS or Haifu. But like you guys say, Butterfly could supply top players with more boosted rubbers or supply different rubbers to different regions or it could just be all psychological. Love to read the researches on this topic.

It could also simply be the difference between a rubber that came right off the production line and did not sit on a shelf and one that was sitting on a shelf at Paddle Palace for a few months. I will never know but it was the best set of Tenergy I have tried.

Sent from the Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Reactions: dirtyD and Suga D
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Sometimes there also can be placebo effect in play.

The interesting thing was the scenario was perfect for feeling the difference.

This is one of my main training partners. His rubbers were dead longer than mine. When he heard I was going to change rubbers he decided he would too because he wanted to compare blades. He has IF ZLF. At the time I was playing with TB ZLF. He was trying to convince himself that he liked my blade better and wanted to get one. Truthfully he wanted mine but I have no intention of selling a blade I got from Michael Landers.

When we both put the new rubbers on the difference was stark and unmistakeable. I felt bad because he walked away not liking his blade as much as mine or his brand new rubbers.

My hand is sensitive to stuff like this. This guy's hand is not. But the difference was still clear.

But then, I have also tried rubbers that guys who are 2300-2400 have boosted the hell out of and that feels nothing like before they were boosted. That is an even bigger difference.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2014
tenergy is not an easy rubber to boost.
it curls like hell and is very difficult to stick to the blade.
Only one thin layer Falco long tempo booster would be enough for tenergy. apply right on the glue layer, wait till oil soak onto the sponge and glue the rubber to the blade (don't wait till dome will curve it). simply.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2014
yeah I have 2 tenergies I boosted with 1 layer.
when I used free chack II it did stick, but after some time you could see it wanted to get off.
when I used rubber cement it domed even more and there was no way to glue it.
for comparison, I have two andro rasant I boosted and glued with rubber cement and they are still stuck.
I did put tape over the rubbers which won't allow them to get off.
but well they need to initially be flat in order to put the tape.

the tenergies with 1 layer + some rubber cement are still domed and I assume they would not glue easily.
I did the boosting last friday!!!!
I use nittaku finezip - ok, dianchi WBG - ok, Revolution no3 - ok.
Curved edges, then rubber on the blade are ok.

says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
The information about Dima seemed to have been covered and finished. The subject of the thread had turned to boosting vs rubbers that were tuned or boosted by the manufacturer before they leave the plant. And how boosting is against the rules but many pros get around that by having their sponsors do the boosting to their specifications. The conversation was I interesting and useful.

Despite those videos being DTop's parody about the ITTF and table tennis, the information he presents on the subject is actually pretty real.

If you were unable to follow the chain of thought, sorry. But there is no need for you to call names. There is too much of that going on here.

Sorry for that but the news still comes (thanks to TTHopeful) and this i think is just start.... I love how Dima is playing with it and from now he is my personal favorite.
And yes bosting is good . who tried it will hardly goes back.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2014
wbg is a mess if you're gonna boost all the time.
every time you take the rubber out you have to take the glue out of it and start all over again.

Why??? Just add 1 layer of booster, then add 1 layer of glue, apply the rubber on blade. That's it!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2014
yeah but then 1 month later you remove the rubber from the blade.
you need to
1- remove remains of glue from blade (5 mins)
2- remove glue from rubber (10 mins with danger that some sponge will come off)
3-apply booster again (1 min)
4- wait 20 mins until booster is dry
5- apply glue in rubber and blade (3 min)
6- let dry (10 min)
7- reapply (hoping you don't miss and glue them out of center)

49 mins of my life I could have spent masturbating!!!

WHY? just remove the rubber from blade, add 1 layer booster wait for a dry, add 1 layer of glue - glue it, that's it.
and BTW did you see movie with removing Revolution no3 glue? it's a simple procedure.
PS: you're sexual gigant, 49minutes... wow ;-)))))

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
yeah but then 1 month later you remove the rubber from the blade.
you need to
1- remove remains of glue from blade (5 mins)
2- remove glue from rubber (10 mins with danger that some sponge will come off)
3-apply booster again (1 min)
4- wait 20 mins until booster is dry
5- apply glue in rubber and blade (3 min)
6- let dry (10 min)
7- reapply (hoping you don't miss and glue them out of center)

49 mins of my life I could have spent masturbating!!!

Why remove the glue from the rubber? If you apply booster on the rubber over the glue, it will dissolve the glue, so that it will be sticky again. When I reboost rubbers, only apply the glue to the blade.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
every time you take the rubber out you have to take the glue out of it and start all over again.

if it works with rubber cement it's easier.
first time you put rubber cement on the rubber.
after this you just take the rubber out, boost it, layer of glue in the blade and that's all.
but I don't know, I think I will go back to unboosted tenergy,
with boosted rasant the racket is like 10g heavier than with unboosted tenergy.

if it works with rubber cement it's easier.
first time you put rubber cement on the rubber.
after this you just take the rubber out, boost it, layer of glue in the blade and that's all.
but I don't know, I think I will go back to unboosted tenergy,
with boosted rasant the racket is like 10g heavier than with unboosted tenergy.

I say this means BUSTED!!!!!

Top quoted is a deleted quote from kukamonga. Underneath, the same quote from tikitiki.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Sep 2016
I say this means BUSTED!!!!!

Top quoted is a deleted quote from kukamonga. Underneath, the same quote from tikitiki.

I read some posts from kukamonga before, he knows his stuff.
actually I was starting to think he might be able to beat ovtcharov once in a blue moon.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I read some posts from kukamonga before, he knows his stuff.
actually I was starting to think he might be able to beat ovtcharov once in a blue moon.

The time stamp on the kukamonga post is moments before the time stamp on the tikitiki post. The posts are word for word, exactly the same.

What happened: Sebas logged out of the tikitiki account and logged in as kukamonga to answer a PM from me. Then he came back to the thread to post but forgot to log out of the kukamonga account. He posted. He saw he posted as kukamonga. He deleted the post. Logged out. Logged back in as tikitiki and reposted the same exact post. There is only a very short time between posts.

Tikitiki is kukamonga is Sebas Aguirre.

This user has no status.
It could also simply be the difference between a rubber that came right off the production line and did not sit on a shelf and one that was sitting on a shelf at Paddle Palace for a few months. I will never know but it was the best set of Tenergy I have tried.

Butterfly may have very high quality control (i.e. toss out the sheets that DHS would sell as International Commercial), but among the sheets they do keep, there is still probably a very wide variance. What you may have experienced with that sheet of Tenergy may be the equivalent of a National level sheet from DHS. Maybe that is why the Japanese pros get to personally choose which sheets they want because Butterfly does not go through the high level of sorting that DHS does (National/Provincial/Domestic Commercial/International Commercial). I'm only speculating.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Butterfly may have very high quality control (i.e. toss out the sheets that DHS would sell as International Commercial), but among the sheets they do keep, there is still probably a very wide variance. What you may have experienced with that sheet of Tenergy may be the equivalent of a National level sheet from DHS. Maybe that is why the Japanese pros get to personally choose which sheets they want because Butterfly does not go through the high level of sorting that DHS does (National/Provincial/Domestic Commercial/International Commercial). I'm only speculating.

But if there was that kind of coincidence, it makes it even more of a coincidence that I had two of the good ones and my friend had to of the not as good ones. I had T05 and T05FX and he had T05 and T05FX and both my rubbers were of equal quality and his were of the same not so special quality.

This user has no status.
The time stamp on the kukamonga post is moments before the time stamp on the tikitiki post. The posts are word for word, exactly the same.

What happened: Sebas logged out of the tikitiki account and logged in as kukamonga to answer a PM from me. Then he came back to the thread to post but forgot to log out of the kukamonga account. He posted. He saw he posted as kukamonga. He deleted the post. Logged out. Logged back in as tikitiki and reposted the same exact post. There is only a very short time between posts.

Tikitiki is kukamonga is Sebas Aguirre.

Can somebody explain to the layman who hasn't been on the forum for a very long time what the deal is with this guy? Besides the fact that he is using multiple accounts and writes a lot of gibberish, what's up with the witchhunt? People grabbed the pitchforks after his very first post in this thread.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Can somebody explain to the layman who hasn't been on the forum for a very long time what the deal is with this guy? Besides the fact that he is using multiple accounts and writes a lot of gibberish, what's up with the witchhunt? People grabbed the pitchforks after his very first post in this thread.

There were already 2 previous threads where tikitiki got people calling names, arguing and angry with each other. He is here to entertain himself by making other people angry. To bait people into arguments.

Once you know he is a troll and that is his game, it is easy to ignore him and laugh at the ridiculousness of posts like this:

what is the meaning of baal anyway?
there's this movie "the rite" where in the end they identify the evil spirit as baal.
is this guy that same worshipper of the prince of darkness?

do you worship the devil too, fool?
what is this forum, a satanist cult?

I'm from egypt motheryar, wasn't born in no golden german cradle.

Now, in truth these are ridiculous enough for one to ignore them if you are aware it may be a sock puppet hiding behind a fake identity so he can cause strife.

In truth, I actually think the guy is pretty funny. I am actually laughing about the posts I just quoted that come from a small sample of deleted texts. But if it gets people angry and calling names, some people can get pretty bent out of shape and upset by him. And that is really all he is trying to do.

Guys like Baal, NextLevel and Suga D already know his games so they figured out that it was him pretty fast. But the last person he fished into an argument was not so happy and did not understand what was going on. Especially for newer members of the forum he can turn this place into a bad experience.

Does that make sense?

Last edited:
Reactions: NextLevel