European Games 2023

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
The meteoric rise of the Lebrun brothers really puts the other European players (Moregard included) in a bad light. If only Gauzy were a few years younger. Imagine the Lebrun brothers paired with Gauzy from 2019.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
The meteoric rise of the Lebrun brothers really puts the other European players (Moregard included) in a bad light. If only Gauzy were a few years younger. Imagine the Lebrun brothers paired with Gauzy from 2019.
He's only 28, it should be his peak form, problem is he's dealing with mental health issues due to a burn out since a while now, he didn't want to talk about it but now he sees a doctor since some months.

• Wow
Reactions: zeio
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
NL's take is probably the most logical, but to me the whole discussion is bizarre and pointless.

A student I volunteer coach recently looped a few backspin balls into the net and asked me what she should change about her swing? I said her brain should tell her body to make the ball go higher across the net and leave it at that. Her body is good at this stuff and will figure it out way faster without any other conscious direction. Problem solved.

So feed brokenball if it makes you happy, but there is nothing useful in talking about this stuff.

Instruction can make you confused. E.g. when I was young I got told to add (or that it is what people do) a little wrist action at the contact, right at the contact time. I didn't know what and how to do it, and the bigger danger is that while thinking and focusing on "doing" it, you really mess everything else. It is contra-productive.

So, I understand what you told to her, and why that is a really good way. At the same time, later on, when someone explained to me how a punch/hit really works, and I could feel it my body (not speaking about being hit), things like that can bring a lot of joy too. (There is a scale of usefulness.)

Related: Two of my co-players occasionaly mention to me, that my FH technique is a bit too power-oriented, and that it should be a bit more whippy. While I tend to agree, you can imagine, that hearing someone like Timo Boll speak about the body tension as he does in the link from NL, in the thread started by BB, feels good to me... When that thread started, I thought, this is gonna be another disaster...

Last edited:
Reactions: Richie