European Games 2023

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Jan 2018
I'll refer you to this post, brokenball.

Your interpretation over the years have lowered my brain cell count enough.

Reactions: NextLevel and latej
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
You are just confusing the issue.

This doesn't make sense. If violates simple calculus. If one reaches "maximum velocity" and then accelerates some more, then the previous "maximum velocity" was not the maximum velocity.

This is non-sense. I would like you to explain this in detail how it is done.
This is a challenge.
Do you know how to calculate the resultant velocity after contact? On mytt you failed miserably because you only used the conservation of momentum and not the COR.

I am an expert at motion control. I am even a moderator on a Chinese servo control forum.
Now who are you? Who are your sources? How much motion control have you done in China?
Stop making stuff up. Stop talking about something you really don't understand. It is clear you don't understand calculus.

It is clear one can become very good at anything with lots of practice. The problem is that it takes a lot of trial and error. In engineering, trial and error is expensive and sometimes fatal. A good engineer will know how to optimize things and know what the goal is. The trick is to achieve the goal.

So it isn't about why. It is about the goal. If you know how it should be done, then the amount if trial and error or practice can be minimized. In other words, one can learn faster if they know what to learn.

So getting back to statements above. I would NEVER teach anybody to "wrap" the ball.
All those people that think "wrapping" the ball is good are ignorant fools and misleading other people.
I think I will start a new thread about "wrapping" the ball.
I don't understand this "wrapping" around the ball either. The ball has back spin coming at you. The ball has top spin coming at you. committ to an angle and finish your stroke and finish the point. It is as simple as that.

Jan 2018
Comprehension, or the lack of it in this case, is neither the point of contention nor the point of interest here.

Interpretation, which is lacking in some souls here, is what drives science forward, and yet, ironically, also an obstacle to its advancement here.

https://www.visionlearning.com/en/library/Process-of-Science/49/Data-Analysis-and-Interpretation/154
Interpretation involves constructing a logical scientific argument that explains the data. Scientific interpretations are neither absolute truth nor personal opinion: They are inferences, suggestions, or hypotheses about what the data mean, based on a foundation of scientific knowledge and individual expertise.

https://www.cambridge.org/core/book...terpretation/8B84E3AC4621D6FC34E820C4EEFDD141
Science too is now often characterized as interpretation rather than representation of nature.

https://www.discovermagazine.com/mind/science-is-interpretation
Yet data is not science, or understanding, or even knowledge: it's just data. All data needs to be interpreted before it can tell us anything. Sometimes an interpretation will be very simple (e.g. "this image accurately represents the subject"), but as Stirling et al point out, these simple interpretations can be mistaken. Science is the process of understanding the world by drawing the right interpretations from the evidence.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I don't understand this "wrapping" around the ball either. The ball has back spin coming at you. The ball has top spin coming at you. committ to an angle and finish your stroke and finish the point. It is as simple as that.
The human body has joints that are round and that pronation and supinate, so claiming it is as "simple as that" is probably missing a few important facts just on the basis of limited awareness. People who topspin swing through curved paths whether they think they do or not. The question is not about committing to an angle, in fact I never consciously change the angle, I simply apply a stroke path to the incoming ball that I think will create the turning effect that will get me the result I desire. When you do this with the human body over relatively large distances, especially on very fast swings, the results can look very different from the thought patterns that drove the stroke.

In any case, to have this discussion fruitfully, I would like to see your technique for counter spinning a high ball or loop killing a high backspin ball. Why do people usually use windmill technique to do this when according to you. they should just set the angle? Is it the recovery (as wrapping critics claim) or the stroke path (as wrapping advocates claim)?

Reactions: blahness
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Men's team Semis:

They put Truls in doubles (probably don't like his chances so much vs Felix).

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
In case the link above doesn't work:

Sweden won the doubles - Felix vs Anton live right now.

Reactions: Wrighty67
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews
In case the link above doesn't work:

Sweden won the doubles - Felix vs Anton live right now.
Great match - really felt Anton threw it away in that last game and a half. Felix' speed just got the better of him and he lost focus.

Jan 2018
The least Alexis could've done was extend the match to let Felix rest some more.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
Chen plays in the Pro A with Stella La Romagne since... 18 years ! and he's married to Jianan Yuan, so it was easy to see him play in France at the highest level possible. But in fact it mostly is Chen Jian for being nearer in Istres in the early 2010's, Félix has made some caps for Istres in 2021-2022 in Pro B. Chen Jian has been also playing for Angers when it was still named La Vaillante (The Valiant) before being renamed Les Loups (Angers Wolves). He transfered from Istres in Pro A at that time to Angers in 2015. So Félix has been able to witness Chen Jian's playing for 5 years.

Félix was aged 4 in 2010, that's more or less at that time that he switched to Cpen. He started at the baby ping section of Montpellier at age 3 playing shakehand first.
Aged 3 in April 2010 with his brother at home, again playing shakehand, Chen Jian went in Istres later that years in September.
And now aged 4, switched to Cpen

Reactions: zeio

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
The human body has joints that are round and that pronation and supinate, so claiming it is as "simple as that" is probably missing a few important facts just on the basis of limited awareness. People who topspin swing through curved paths whether they think they do or not. The question is not about committing to an angle, in fact I never consciously change the angle, I simply apply a stroke path to the incoming ball that I think will create the turning effect that will get me the result I desire. When you do this with the human body over relatively large distances, especially on very fast swings, the results can look very different from the thought patterns that drove the stroke.

In any case, to have this discussion fruitfully, I would like to see your technique for counter spinning a high ball or loop killing a high backspin ball. Why do people usually use windmill technique to do this when according to you. they should just set the angle? Is it the recovery (as wrapping critics claim) or the stroke path (as wrapping advocates claim)?
NL's take is probably the most logical, but to me the whole discussion is bizarre and pointless.

A student I volunteer coach recently looped a few backspin balls into the net and asked me what she should change about her swing? I said her brain should tell her body to make the ball go higher across the net and leave it at that. Her body is good at this stuff and will figure it out way faster without any other conscious direction. Problem solved.

So feed brokenball if it makes you happy, but there is nothing useful in talking about this stuff.

Jan 2018
Whatever the outcome of M5, after this MT SF, it's hard to argue Felix had an easy draw in the MS.

F Lebrun 3-2 Kallberg
F Lebrun 3-1 Karlsson
G4 52, 67, 77, 79, how many of that backspin serve to the short FH did Felix push into the net?, 99, 119
How did Felix make that FH at 75 of G5?

It will come down to Karlsson. To think Persson puts him in the 3rd singles after seeing the Lebrun brothers have had trouble dealing with him.