This user has no status.
Isnt the actor Alexander Chaplin, who played "James" on spin city really the "happy-looking" brother of Dimitrij Ovtcharov??
7ce82be39a4a0acfaeb6d3ad00250784.jpg

I think im on to something!

[emoji6]

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Anyways, schedule for the final matches:
Bronze Women match: 13:30 Eva Odorová SVK! vs. Hu Melek TUR
Gold Women match: 14:30 Li Jie vs. Li Jiao both NED
Bronze Men match: 16:00 Paul Drinkhall ENG vs. Kou Lei UKR
Gold Women match: 17:00 Dimitrij Ovtcharov GER vs. Vladimir Samsonov BLR

Yeah! :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2012
its sad but at the other hand several good chinese players cant play for their own country so i can understand, most of them wants to play for an other country. And i can say i have met Li Jiao she is a real integrated dutch now. She is married here etc. And she plays for the Netherlands i think about 11 years now .
At the other hand li jie lives for most parts in China, less Dutch:p

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
I have to say that I hate the fact, that in semifinals of women matches are 3 asian players, that really sucks..
Better in the men semis, where only one is a former asian player..

that's right, the more we are happy about Eva, aren't we? Private message :cool: Raz na treningu som proti nej hral, maly chlapec som bol, trener jej to dal za trest ;)

Reactions: Michal_Z
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
its sad but at the other hand several good chinese players cant play for their own country so i can understand, most of them wants to play for an other country. And i can say i have met Li Jiao she is a real integrated dutch now. She is married here etc. And she plays for the Netherlands i think about 11 years now .
At the other hand li jie lives for most parts in China, less Dutch:p

But if you take whole europe, the top women players..
Shan Xiaona, Han Ying, Li Jiao, Li Jie, Shen Yanfei, Hu Melek, Jiaduo Wu, Li Xue, Yu Fu, Ni Xia Lian, Li Qian, Liu Jia, Tian Yuan..
I mean - any of those names sound european?
WTF!

Reactions: karibaci
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Who's the American/Canadian commentator? He's truly rubbish, IMHO.

Commentary on Li Jiao vs Li Jie:
"You can see the players play a defensive style similar to each other. It's not strange because they play for the same team and have the same coach."

Sigh... That comment alone is wrong in so many ways.

Please, EOC, at least get someone with basic knowledge about TT to do the commentaries. This is just embarrassing and hardly helpful for TT as a sport nor for the spectators.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2013
that naturalization is a cancer for all sports. It should be banned. I can understand when lets say player get married and live in another country. Not much to do for her. But when player just get the nationality without big reason that is really bad.
When I watch EUROPEAN games, championships I want to see what is the level of true europeans players. I see enough playing asians in word cups and so on.... It is not our fault that there is big competition in china for example...
If we will allow such thing whole asian palyers will take all europeans spots in all major competitions. I don't want to see that.

Today commentator said that for example KOU Lei i think become ukraine citizen in 2007. According wikipeadia he borned in 1987 in Beijing, People's Republic of China. Simple calculations and you can see that he probably lived and played 20 years in China. So that su*ks..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Its not banned in the Olympics but it's banned for major ITTF events (World Cup, WTTC and WTTTC). IMO, every country has its immigration policy. No one should complain if their country is doing what it needs to to keep the sport alive. Many of those players are raising the level of TT in Europe.