This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Thanks TT Rogue for the correction. Well brabhamista and me agreed that these rules are pretty confusing. But the way table tennis is being presented, is not satisfying at all. Most of my viewing friends told me they felt, that someone took away some matches they were really looking forward to see. This was such a big chance for table tennis to get a little more media attention. And now look, what they have done...
Even the so called sports channel "Sport eins" planned to show tabletennis in free-tv. Well, i've been zapping in a couple of times, but all they showed was swimming, or gymnastics. These might be interesting for some people. But if one is expecting tabletennis, then swimming is just not really what one is looking for...
I must say, all of this combined is the actual disappointment.
What a wasted chance. It could have been so nice...
But being grouchy and miserabel about this, won't make anything better. Let's hope the single's & doubles events are gonna be better.

Reactions: brabhamista
Timo Boll has withdrawn from Singles Event!

Timo Boll commented. "This morning I had to share with 2015 European games tournament led my cancellation for the single of Baku. I'm just too flabby. My cycle is totally in the basement. I'm not even able to move me here in our apartment. The play is not to think in this State.
Now I must concentrate on the continental Olympic qualification in the coming year, which will be held in Istanbul from April 6 to 10. I'm not worried that I am missing my ticket to Rio. Dima here in Baku I'm rooting that he directly causes the ticket now.
I must now watch how and when it goes on with me. I must come back to forces.

boll.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
@brabhamista and suga D.
It seems that you didnt understand the rule totaly right, but think ill get it. No fourth player is allowed. I'll show you:
First of all
/snip/
I see your point and perhaps you are right, but I'm not entirely sure about that. The rules are indeed confusing and seem to be contradicting each other, but without using any real "unless" or "if" clauses to reflect exceptions or priority of certain rules its still unclear what actually has priority. The EOC really need to rewrite them to remove any possible future confusion, IMHO. It's a mess now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Short pimples, eh.... Now that explains your immunity to my spin. Great shot. Well played ;-)
But seriously, thanks a lot. Especially for stayin' calm, and not calling me names and also for the link to the ITTF rules. Thumbs up.
Maybe we can manage to play one day, you seem to be a real fair sportsman.
Name calling is generally for little kids and I only resort to that for serious arguments with my younger brother, hehehe ;)

Thank you for being polite and calm too. It's a rare quality, especially on internet forums. Sadly - and happily - I think this forum is one of the few exceptions.

Sure, to play one day would be good fun. If you happen to pass by Taiwan, we'll sort something out. I'll buy the beers afterwards ;)
(I'm moving there in a few weeks time.) :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2013
I don't understand does somethere singles matching are streaming?
Because watching this video i think cameras are all working.

So maybe somebody have links to the streams?
Or maybe baku just record video but not streaming? (Sound stupid to do this)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
It is absolutely amazing to me, that in the women semifinals, the only original european player will be from Slovak Republic!
Eva Odorova made huge upsets on her way into semis, and now she is in the top 4 european players for the first time.
Other players are all originally chinese, so she is like european no 1 ;-)
YEAH!

Btw I think we should get some stream for men singles quarterfinal for Samsonov vs. Apolonia, I hope for a great match ;-)