Experience with some other Loki rubbers - Arthur China, GTX Pro (inc)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Here she is... You tell me folks, is the top sheet a match?

View attachment 29841
No, it is not like the G20. The G20 has kinda cut marks on the topsheet.
1715977855029.png

Anyways this pattern you can see on your topsheet I have seen before on LAC too. It's a Loki thing it seems.

Reactions: Wakkibatty
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Looks quite good & your description is promising, does it look a bit like Yasaka Hovering Dragon? View attachment 29843
Aww my good old D715 with the Japanese sponged Hovering Dragons. Such a cool rubber.

I am wondering who is making the Dragon series for Yasaka. The new Rising Dragon 2 sure gives me LAC vibes, well maybe LAC with a better sponge actually.

Reactions: mattlamperouge
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
Aww my good old D715 with the Japanese sponged Hovering Dragons. Such a cool rubber.

I am wondering who is making the Dragon series for Yasaka. The new Rising Dragon 2 sure gives me LAC vibes, well maybe LAC with a better sponge actually.
I don't know about them but Loki told me Telson 100 should compete/ share similarities to Yasaka Hovering Dragon, also Tenergy 05 but I can't really compare until I test Telson

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I don't know about them but Loki told me Telson 100 should compete/ share similarities to Yasaka Hovering Dragon, also Tenergy 05 but I can't really compare until I test Telson
I don't really get it. Isn't hovering dragon a tacky rubber? So how would it be similar to T05?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
I think that is a realistic bar to set. The Hoverind Dragon with the Japanese sponge is a very fun rubber to use. It's fast enough, spinny enough, insensitive enough and has nothing offensive about it while being very light. So it's probably the best grippy Chinese rubber.

The Hovering Dragon feels like it's made from plastic bags collected from the ocean. It's very synthetic and plasticy. It's not a bad thing but that's how it is. If the Telson100 is not like that then probably they are not related much.

This user has no status.
So compared to Tenergy 05 or Vega Pro, where does Telson fall? Is it less bouncy/speedy? is it more speedy?
I'm having a hit with it later this evening down my local club -- will know more then. Based on my extremely brief and therefore limited hallway hit, I'd say it's a tad slower then a T05.

Spin however may be another story... Some of those trajectories I was getting and the kicks off the bounce seemed literally bonkers... But early appearances can be deceiving. The blade I attached it to is an unusual one and is probably having an influence on it as well. I'll know more tonight.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2024
It's good to hear you like the R9. I like it a lot too. On the other hand, on you description I can see, how everything is relative. To say that ball shoots out like a rocket with small movement. That it strange. For me the R9 has the typical chinese dense sponge, which, in order to get speed (for normal hits) a bit closer to ESN rubber, needs to be boosted. I love the feeling from these rubbers. But noone yet told me this rubber is fast like a rocket. In fact opponents sometimes even complain, that sometimes it is so slow it breaks their rhytm. Clubmates or players I train with mostly tell me I should get something "normal", where normal is something like D05, or at least RZ EH. They all without exception think this rubber (these kind of rubbers) is slower than the ESN/Butterfly rubbers. Perhaps if you boost hell of it, but even then (I couldn't even glue it), it was still less bouncy on "normal" hits, like on normal FH 1-to-1 drive play.

I notice things like that happen very often. Somebody say Hammond Z2 feels softish, team-mate has it on the FH side. We both feel it is simply too hard for the BH for us. I guess I want to say, what we feel about rubbers is so personal. To take something usable I need to read/see how someone here compares rubbers. Then I can get some usable info from it.

I play with these rubbers because I like it. I also think rubber like that, say H3 37-39, or B2 37, 39, etc. are good for returning or developing players. It forces you to do the movement fully, and it doesn't force you artificially slow down (brake) your movement, which is contra-productive. In that sense it can save time. Training is more important than rubbers, but having correct rubbers can save time, too fast can slow the progress down. I'm aware everything what I say is not new, but occasionaly repeating is OK.
I agree that everything is relative but at the same time, it's quite true if you look at it from a different angle. I mean, I have been using unboosted B2 Gold and unboosted Volant Phoenix on FH. It's undeniably faster than those two rubbers. For me, even unboosted B2 Gold is fast enough to end points, usually. R9 is rocket compared to it.

R9 is actually contra productive for my game. Can't blast them loopkill and counter loop like I was used to. I almost never get the ball on the net with this rubber but most of the time it's out of table.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
It is. Maybe the factory boosting is still there, I don't know.
Boosted H3 Provincial BS
Vega China
To be volant us like a lightly boosted rubber. Very nice to me.

But R9 maybe is like a heavily boosted rubber.

But in that case, I wish they would sell a unboosted R9 for cheaper that I can just boost myself

This user has no status.
I had a hit with the Telson, but I had it on the wrong blade entirely.

I initially mounted it to a thick springy, Hinoki like three ply, with super soft outers and a bouncy core. It was an experiment, but it was also a failed one.

When I got home, I pulled it off the soft springy three ply, and strapped it to something hard, fast, stiff and far more ALC-ish, then had a hit down the hallway again.

Muuuuuuccchhhh better!!

She fast....
...She is REALLY fast.
And very, very spinny.

Is she a Tenergy beater?

Dunno yet -- it might be, but it's hard to tell. Need to have a proper hit with it on the right blade first before I can say any more.

If you buy one, don't bother with anything too soft or flexy -- clearly it likes a harder stiffer bed -- it's just wasted on a Hinoki blade.

I'm writing this from bed so I'll have to keep it short. I'll have a proper hit with it tomorrow or the day after on a far more compatible blade, and we'll see how we go.

Stay tuned.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
R9 is actually contra productive for my game. Can't blast them loopkill and counter loop like I was used to. I almost never get the ball on the net with this rubber but most of the time it's out of table.
Yep, I found R9 to be an awkward rubber and now use the "El-cheapo" Rxton 3PRO. It's got the blue sponge, no need to boost, good control and feel and my balls now land on the table, not 2meters beyond.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I had a hit with the Telson, but I had it on the wrong blade entirely.

I initially mounted it to a thick springy, Hinoki like three ply, with super soft outers and a bouncy core. It was an experiment, but it was also a failed one.

When I got home, I pulled it off the soft springy three ply, and strapped it to something hard, fast, stiff and far more ALC-ish, then had a hit down the hallway again.

Muuuuuuccchhhh better!!

She fast....
...She is REALLY fast.
And very, very spinny.

Is she a Tenergy beater?

Dunno yet -- it might be, but it's hard to tell. Need to have a proper hit with it on the right blade first before I can say any more.

If you buy one, don't bother with anything too soft or flexy -- clearly it likes a harder stiffer bed -- it's just wasted on a Hinoki blade.

I'm writing this from bed so I'll have to keep it short. I'll have a proper hit with it tomorrow or the day after on a far more compatible blade, and we'll see how we go.

Stay tuned.
Is it faster/bouncier than AK47 red?

This user has no status.
Is it faster/bouncier than AK47 red?

Yes it is -- by a substantial margin! Or at least that's the impression of my 5 minute hallway hit last night. Really I need some proper incoming balls though to judge properly -- hitting static balls I throw in the air is too deceptive on its own.

I've got another shipment of AK47s due to arrive in a few days. I'll stick one on the flip side and do a proper side by side comparison then.

This user has no status.
Yep, I found R9 to be an awkward rubber and now use the "El-cheapo" Rxton 3PRO. It's got the blue sponge, no need to boost, good control and feel and my balls now land on the table, not 2meters beyond.
Really not a bad rubber at all, the R3Pro. I have it on one of my test blades and quite liked it, but the R3blue and pink just suit my game and current favorite blade that little bit better. I've only tried my R3 Pro on a springy 5-ply blade I make with a balsa core and Queensland walnut outers so far (a surprisingly fast and spinny combination of woods! Want to experiment far more with it and perfect it, if only I had the time 😂😂).

I have a couple of R9s sitting on my desk waiting for the right blade to strap them to. What style of blade do you think they're best suited to? Stiff and hard or soft and buttery?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Yes it is -- by a substantial margin! Or at least that's the impression of my 5 minute hallway hit last night. Really I need some proper incoming balls though to judge properly -- hitting static balls I throw in the air is too deceptive on its own.

I've got another shipment of AK47s due to arrive in a few days. I'll stick one on the flip side and do a proper side by side comparison then.
Ok i hope youre right. Ak47 is very fast

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
Really not a bad rubber at all, the R3Pro. I have it on one of my test blades and quite liked it, but the R3blue and pink just suit my game and current favorite blade that little bit better. I've only tried my R3 Pro on a springy 5-ply blade I make with a balsa core and Queensland walnut outers so far (a surprisingly fast and spinny combination of woods! Want to experiment far more with it and perfect it, if only I had the time 😂😂).

I have a couple of R9s sitting on my desk waiting for the right blade to strap them to. What style of blade do you think they're best suited to? Stiff and hard or soft and buttery?
R9 40.5 suits limba outer (inner carbon) quite well & with Koto outer (viscaria) it's really powerful! I also tested on 7 ply (clipper composition) and works great too... It's great out of the box but A thin layer of booster can make it even better! It's a dynamic rubber for sure.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
R9 40.5 suits limba outer (inner carbon) quite well & with Koto outer (viscaria) it's really powerful! I also tested on 7 ply (clipper composition) and works great too... It's great out of the box but A thin layer of booster can make it even better! It's a dynamic rubber for sure.
Is it slower or faster than LAC?