Fast Distance Table Tennis

When Hitting the Ball from Medium to Long Range Do You?

• 100% contact (Smash)

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • 50% Contact 50% (Smash) 50% Angle (Loop)

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • 100% Angle (Loop)

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters

Don

This user has no status.

Don

This user has no status.
Mar 2011
I've noticed that from far distance you can not loop fully because of the distance. Meaning that if you loop fully which the paddle is almost vertical to the ground. I notice the farther back the more contact you want to make so almost a full contact smash instead. I have to get used to smashing the ball with more contact because I am so used to putting extreme amount of top spin into the ball when i loop so my paddle is almost facing the ground completely.

So i have a question if I'm lets say 10 to 15 feet away from the table should I make more contact with the ball but maintain a angle on my paddle for a loop or should i smash the ball with the most contact I can?

See these are the questions I have to ask myself to become a better player. What do you guys usually do from medium to long range? Do you smash the ball with full contact or do you guys usually semi loop/smash or just all loop with the angle of the paddle almost horizontal and parallel to the ground?

Last edited:

Don

This user has no status.

Don

This user has no status.
Mar 2011
yeah sometimes I try to put too much top spin and having my paddle almost fully facing down and the ball doesn't even reach the table so I keep thinking to myself must make more contact than top spin etc and then I second guess my long range game.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Read 4 reviews
weell.you can do a loop ,smash and 50/50 when you are far from the table.you just have to hit the ball with the right stroke.spinny loops are slower than smahsed loops.

says [img]
says [img]
Dec 2010
If you can take a look at the J-O Waldner interveiw, he is saying that you have to practise from all lenghtes. Study the pros and what they're doing. Against some players, you can be far from the table, against others you have to ble close. I think the best thing to do is practising loops about 90-150cm away from the table.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Hmmm... you need to create the spin if you want to land the ball, you need to have the "smash" if you want the ball to travel far enough. Just stand back and practice, it's always the best approach to learning anything. Well, once you have a basic idea of what needs to be done.