Fastarc s-1 vs sonex jp gold

This user has no status.
Both of them are considered as bh rubbers, with considerable speed. And I am thinking of having either of them. Fed up of the chinese rubbers, I give up. For fh, I am going to have mx-p, which I had tried on others bats and feel I would like it. For blade, I will be keeping yeo only, which I am using right now. Or if tt11 gets the stock, I would get dhs fang bo carbon(too much ej).
Need your help guys on the bh side and would like the comparison whatsoever.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
Havnt tried sonex but I would not recommend Fastarc S1. Tried this with JM ZLC. It plays like t64 but with none of the pros and all the cons and more. Spin is meh and relatively difficult to produce, Speed is too fast and extremely short dwell which makes control terrible. Its very soft and feels too mushy so its uncomfortable to me. Its really good for the following:
-blocking and only blocking
-flat hitting
-smash

conclusion

Overall i would not recommend it. Im not sure what you are really looking for a BH rubber but i personally enjoy using xiom vega euro and fastarc P-1. This is assuming you are not looking into ternergy

This user has no status.
Why don't you think about fastarc g1?
I tried it BH and liked it more than tenergy 05.
Less weight, better arc.
For me 05 better only if you are looping far (like 3 meters) from table.
The reason is I don't want a heavy rubber on bh. Donic sonex jp gold is a medium sponge rubber, which is less spin sensitive and has got med-low throw, hence flicks are possible with low high blocks and counters. I play close table from bh.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2012
FastArc S1 definitely a FH rubber for me. I also agree to the comparison with T64. The rubber is a rocket, great for blocking and smashing.It should be best suited a step or two away from the table due to its flat trajectory and speed. I liked FastArc G1 better, great spin good control, a do it all premium rubber. I haven't tried the sonex jp gold.

This user has no status.
FastArc S1 definitely a FH rubber for me. I also agree to the comparison with T64. The rubber is a rocket, great for blocking and smashing.It should be best suited a step or two away from the table due to its flat trajectory and speed. I liked FastArc G1 better, great spin good control, a do it all premium rubber. I haven't tried the sonex jp gold.
Doesn't it supposed to have low dwell time? Fastarc g-1 ?

This user has no status.
Fastarc G1 is in my opinion a better T05. Not as fast and bouncy but has better control and feel. Both have great spin but T05 requires less effort but this should not be a problem if you have proper technique. Alot of my friends commented that they enjoy using it as both FH and BH but i personally prefer it on the FH only. Its not my cup of tea for my BH needs. Fastarc P1 is like T80 but closer to T05 than say T80 which is supposely the mid point of T05 and T64. However you can definately feel that it emphasises power over spin and speed. I like to think of it as a hybrid rubber between Eurojap and Chinese rubbers. In fact it plays alot like H3-50 but with more speed and power. If P1 is more Eurojap like, H3-50 is the more chinese-ish counterpart. Both play well as FH and BH for me but i understand its not everyones cup of tea to use hybrid rubbers

This user has no status.
Fastarc G1 is in my opinion a better T05. Not as fast and bouncy but has better control and feel. Both have great spin but T05 requires less effort but this should not be a problem if you have proper technique. Alot of my friends commented that they enjoy using it as both FH and BH but i personally prefer it on the FH only. Its not my cup of tea for my BH needs. Fastarc P1 is like T80 but closer to T05 than say T80 which is supposely the mid point of T05 and T64. However you can definately feel that it emphasises power over spin and speed. I like to think of it as a hybrid rubber between Eurojap and Chinese rubbers. In fact it plays alot like H3-50 but with more speed and power. If P1 is more Eurojap like, H3-50 is the more chinese-ish counterpart. Both play well as FH and BH for me but i understand its not everyones cup of tea to use hybrid rubbers
How would you compare mx-p with g-1 on fh with polyball? Which did you feel had more dwell? As I am thinking to get mx-p.

This user has no status.
How would you compare mx-p with g-1 on fh with polyball? Which did you feel had more dwell? As I am thinking to get mx-p.

Im not a big fan of MXP. Just did not feel right to me. Dwell is about the same. Maybe marginally more in G1 as it is not that bouncy and fast compared to MXP

Im not a big fan of MXP. Just did not feel right to me. Dwell is about the same. Maybe marginally more in G1 as it is not that bouncy and fast compared to MXP
+1, but what is "fast"?
If it's an ability to devastate with fast flip kill - then - agree.
But if it's an ability to loop with aim to kill the opponent position - then would like to contradict.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
+1, but what is "fast"?
If it's an ability to devastate with fast flip kill - then - agree.
But if it's an ability to loop with aim to kill the opponent position - then would like to contradict.
fast as in speed of the ball and how fast it leaves the blade. Even if u r comparing loops i still think the MXP has higher kill potential than G1