FH Rubbers for Rosewood 5, need some idea

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2011
You may want to try just changing the BH to a lighter rubber to see if it may help reduce the weight ?

I use H3 Neo 39 degree hardness (china domestic version) for FH and Acuda S3 on BH on my RW5 & enjoying every stroke. Blade weight is 91g, total with rubbers = 182g.

Hi, its good to see someone with a close set up :)
I also enjoy every much of my FH H3 strokes as well :D
last time i weighted my blade, its was 185G. with a Calibra LT spin on the back
While enjoying the quality of the stroks, it takes a little too much to play. Think its the hardness of the sponge that is cusing it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Well, H3 isn't a very forgiving rubber either so when your strokes are off your shots are very off. I agree with a previous poster about thinking about changing your backhand to help with the balance. It doesn't necessarily mean making it lighter either because it's more a matter of balance than weight I think. I'm not very good with rubber weights though so I have nothing to share on thsi aspect however I find Donic Acuda S1 Turbo to be a fine BH rubber to complement the H3 style of FH play.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Hi, its good to see someone with a close set up :)
I also enjoy every much of my FH H3 strokes as well :D
last time i weighted my blade, its was 185G. with a Calibra LT spin on the back
While enjoying the quality of the stroks, it takes a little too much to play. Think its the hardness of the sponge that is cusing it.

Similar experience, took me a while to find my preferred rubber hardness on RW5. I tried H3 on 40 degree and 39 degree, settled with the later. Also tried BH on Sriver EL, but didn't workout than S3.
I think RW5 has a hard surface but the core has more flex. So it is not linear. My guess it needs a somewhat softer rubber to compensate the hard blade surface so the ball can stay longer for control. But not too soft a rubber that the ball sink in too fast and hit the hard surface of the blade and bounce off too quick.
Noted this setup is not very forgiving, so it forces me to correct my stroke. Which is the primary reason I pick this blade with H3.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2011
Similar experience, took me a while to find my preferred rubber hardness on RW5. I tried H3 on 40 degree and 39 degree, settled with the later. Also tried BH on Sriver EL, but didn't workout than S3.
I think RW5 has a hard surface but the core has more flex. So it is not linear. My guess it needs a somewhat softer rubber to compensate the hard blade surface so the ball can stay longer for control. But not too soft a rubber that the ball sink in too fast and hit the hard surface of the blade and bounce off too quick.
Noted this setup is not very forgiving, so it forces me to correct my stroke. Which is the primary reason I pick this blade with H3.
THanks, i also tried different hardness of H3. Oddly enough that, out of 38, 39, 40 degree. I felt the best when i was using a 40 with the topsheet slightly boosted.
Anyway, i also tried Sriver EL weeks ago. The ball just had no power! at all
Do you think S3 is a bit too soft, and the ball might bounce off too quick as u said? Cuz im considering if I should have S2 on FH, amd S3 on BH. Or, S3 both side, for the weight and best control :confused:

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
Funny that you mentioned that Calibra breaks off at the edges buddy. I've been using it for quite some time now. But my problem is that the underneath pimples breaks, and the rubber starts to bubble and split. But then again, it happen to most of my FH rubbers, from my previous Boosts TP and Almana. But they hardly ever chipped at the edges.

For more control, you can try the spinny Calibra Sound. It's more supple than Calibra Spin. It's a great tensor rubber, that needs a lot of input from you. The RW5 is medium by modern standard, I think by sticking a fast rubber would help. My vote for your style and preference goes to Calibra Sound and T05. If it's me using RW5, I would go for Calibra LT (FH)and T05 for my BH any day:)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2011
Funny that you mentioned that Calibra breaks off at the edges buddy. I've been using it for quite some time now. But my problem is that the underneath pimples breaks, and the rubber starts to bubble and split. But then again, it happen to most of my FH rubbers, from my previous Boosts TP and Almana. But they hardly ever chipped at the edges.

For more control, you can try the spinny Calibra Sound. It's more supple than Calibra Spin. It's a great tensor rubber, that needs a lot of input from you. The RW5 is medium by modern standard, I think by sticking a fast rubber would help. My vote for your style and preference goes to Calibra Sound and T05. If it's me using RW5, I would go for Calibra LT (FH)and T05 for my BH any day:)
Id believe calibra sound to be a very good rubber as well, as i played with LT (FH) and LT Spin (BH) before. It was really nice for looping, both FH and BH. However, the only thing that could be better, is the grip of the topsheet. Of cuz, im being really picky here, and with more grip, the topsheet will probably become much more heavier.
Calibra is the last option to me, not becuz its not good. But becuz i know it is the best i've tried so far, tho, i think i can find better :)
Plus, my local store happens to have Acuda but no Calibra at all. Order locally save some shipment $$. That's why i've been curious about S2 and S3:rolleyes:

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
This is what I think you should try. First try boosting your H3. If that works then you don't need to change it. If that is not enough, you should try TG3 Neo (Skyline 3 Neo) and boost it. Skyline 3 Neo is very similar to H3. I think it is a little faster and a hair less spin. But they play very similarly. I also think it is a few grams lighter. So they play close but you might work less and get more from Skyline 3 Neo. But, if just reboosting the H3 gives you a little extra power and softens the rubber a tiny bit so you get more spin and more control that might be all you need.

If those options don't work for you, then go for trying one of the suggestions above that you seem to like like S2 or S3.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
THanks, i also tried different hardness of H3. Oddly enough that, out of 38, 39, 40 degree. I felt the best when i was using a 40 with the topsheet slightly boosted.
Anyway, i also tried Sriver EL weeks ago. The ball just had no power! at all
Do you think S3 is a bit too soft, and the ball might bounce off too quick as u said? Cuz im considering if I should have S2 on FH, amd S3 on BH. Or, S3 both side, for the weight and best control :confused:

You are right, I am kind of on the borderline with S3 right now. On BH it is about right for my still learning stroke. When I flip S3 side to FH compare to H3 it does not feel right. I might try S2 on BH sometime later too.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2011
Adidas P5 is the answer
no offense.... but why should i trust a brand that has only been the feild for a few years..... comparing to Andro, Xiom, BTY, etc etc....
I ve seen many people on the forum using Adidas....but i just cant think of a reason to by them....
does Adidas even have thier own rubber ddevelopment line?? or they just buy some rubber off some factory.... maybe the formula that didnt make it to the market....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
no offense.... but why should i trust a brand that has only been the feild for a few years..... comparing to Andro, Xiom, BTY, etc etc....
I ve seen many people on the forum using Adidas....but i just cant think of a reason to by them....
does Adidas even have thier own rubber ddevelopment line?? or they just buy some rubber off some factory.... maybe the formula that didnt make it to the market....

Hi virtuososiu. Actually a renowned ESN company rubber developer bought the rights to use Adidas as his brand name. The Adidas rubbers are actually quite good. Much better quality control, lighter, still with the medium hard sponges similar to tenergy. While nothing technically will be like Tenergy there are plenty of rubbers that are very competitive with them. Adidas may or may not become the next big thing depending on marketing and also promotion from players and coaches, but to many professionals like Feng Tian Wei, Zoltan Fejer-Konnerth and in the U.S. plenty of other professionals agree that it is a huge improvement from the Tenergy series. The fact that it is lighter than Tenergy is huge and there are much more varieties to choose from to really cater to each player as opposed to players who choose Tenergy and are stuck with either a soft sponge or hard sponge, but varying topsheets.

I would suggest that you try the rubber out before making a judgment on it. There's a reason why many in the forums have switched to it and with Tenergy at $80.00 there's really nothing to compare to it for its price.

Try it out and let us know how you feel. I can recommend a specific rubber if you're looking for something to be comparable to a rubber of your choice, but otherwise tenzone SF and P5 are my favorites. I've yet to try all of them however I have hit with P5, Tenzone SF and R6.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hi virtuososiu. Actually a renowned ESN company rubber developer bought the rights to use Adidas as his brand name. The Adidas rubbers are actually quite good. Much better quality control, lighter, still with the medium hard sponges similar to tenergy. While nothing technically will be like Tenergy there are plenty of rubbers that are very competitive with them. Adidas may or may not become the next big thing depending on marketing and also promotion from players and coaches, but to many professionals like Feng Tian Wei, Zoltan Fejer-Konnerth and in the U.S. plenty of other professionals agree that it is a huge improvement from the Tenergy series. The fact that it is lighter than Tenergy is huge and there are much more varieties to choose from to really cater to each player as opposed to players who choose Tenergy and are stuck with either a soft sponge or hard sponge, but varying topsheets.

I would suggest that you try the rubber out before making a judgment on it. There's a reason why many in the forums have switched to it and with Tenergy at $80.00 there's really nothing to compare to it for its price.

Try it out and let us know how you feel. I can recommend a specific rubber if you're looking for something to be comparable to a rubber of your choice, but otherwise tenzone SF and P5 are my favorites. I've yet to try all of them however I have hit with P5, Tenzone SF and R6.

Nice post Mr. RicharD. Yeah, my understanding was that a lot of research went into these products that Adidas is putting out. I have not tried them, but they might be really good. All reports I have heard about them are more than just positive.

i have tried ALL of adidas rubbers even the ones that are not yet in the market and when i review them as good they are really good basing on people's reaction when they have used it not on my word alone. I was suggesting P5 because its not as heavy as your h3 or the acuda series rubbers. having used the acuda series rubbers s1 turbo, s1, s2, s3 extensively and with comparison to the adidas rubbers i have used, the adidas rubbers (high end ones) are a notch higher. also you would find the spin of the P5 very surprising and you can use chinese strokes on it if you brush a lot. and yes for 39 dollars in some sites its not a very expensive rubber.

and speaking of durability, adidas rubbers are very durable. one test conducted was that both the upcoming P7 and previously released Tenzone was pitted against the Tenergy 05 used by high level chinese players. The T05 last 3 weeks tops, both the P7 and Tenzone lasted 1 month and 5 days

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2011
thanks for all the ideas :D
tonight, the first day of my winter season competition, i used the Acuda S2 and S3. Was worrying if it was too risky to play with new rubbers for the 1st night of my season. But the rubbers are surprising good! maybe i expected too little :p Anyway, for my FH, S2, not too much adjustment was needed. I was able to perform well. The S3 however, was a little slow, just a little. May try adidas in the furture :rolleyes: