Who do you think will win the German Open 2016?

• Ma Long

Votes: 42 60.9%
  • Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 14 20.3%
  • Timo Boll

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Marcos Freitas

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chuang Chih Yuan

• Fang Bo

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Vladimir Samsonov

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Wong Chun Ting

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Other (Post Below)

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
How would you feel if somebody same thing about Japanese ? Lets say , I can likewise say that every Japanese name sounds like sounds like "Takiyo na Muteashi" which in my language means "Don't look , let me pee" :) :) .
While there are permissible limits of poking fun at different nationalities when you are with your group of friends, please maintain respect for every nationality in an international forum.
Who cares their name they're all KIMs to me ????

This user has no status.
I'd find it funny, please post more jokes !
PS. Im not japanese. ;-) just a guest in this country:cool:
and as a matter of fact, according to Wiki, 21.6% of Koreans ARE Kim's ! Its all a big family...
... and 40% of Vietnamese are Nguyen's !! is that the world record ?

But you're right , among the top players, apart from JOO, JUNG and LEE, next is JANG

Last edited:
Reactions: BeGo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
Hello there, new member here.

May I know what time will Ma Long be playing Zhang Jike later on(GMT+8)?

Subsequently, where should I visit to find timings for future match fixtures?

Thanks in advance.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
You can find the timing here ...
http://www.ittf.com/competitions/te...ate_to=01/31/2016&p_assc=&Competition_ID=2613

Its 10:50 AM Berlin time , its approx. 5 hours from now. You can get your local time by typing "10:50 Berlin time to <your local time zone>" in google

Hello there, new member here.

May I know what time will Ma Long be playing Zhang Jike later on(GMT+8)?

Subsequently, where should I visit to find timings for future match fixtures?

Thanks in advance.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I agree with you, however I felt it had more to do with Chuan, he was forcing Dima to transition on almost on every point , he was going body - forehand , body-backhand-forehand and Dima was getting late on those. Whenever it was a straight forehand he was taking the ball on the correct timing. Somehow , after watching Hungarian open and the Ask A pro anything interview with Adam , I have the feeling that Chuan has targetted this year as his swan song and is putting in extra effort for the olympics , I would not be surprised if he continues this run of upsets through the year. Infact I am looking forward to Chuan vs Gandalf :p

to me it seems that ovtcharov did more muscle training for the upper body. to me it also seemed that he was slower than usual and his forehand was not good yesterday, you can often see that he is catching the ball to late with it. and yes chuang was better than usual absolutely great

Reactions: NextLevel
says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
Administrator
Oct 2010
NOW LIVE! The biggest Table Tennis match of 2016! Ma Long vs Zhang Jike! Live streaming here: http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/livestreaming/

12670214_10153543123084332_184191367522330667_n.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
to me it seems that ovtcharov did more muscle training for the upper body. to me it also seemed that he was slower than usual and his forehand was not good yesterday, you can often see that he is catching the ball to late with it. and yes chuang was better than usual absolutely great

I think the reason for Dima being a little slow may have something to do with his training regime. I'm not saying it's wrong, nothing could be further from it. What I mean is that the World Tour really doesn't mean anything this year. The big prize is the Olympics. If Dima is in the middle of a very strenuous build-up period right now, that could explain why he's a bit off.

When you strain you body to the max trying to break down and build up improved technique or better physique, it will inevitably have a detrimental effect on your competition performance. You are in effect discarding the parts of your game that are inferior (parts that you up until now relied and trusted in) and breaking down your body by pushing it over the limit over and over without letting it recover fully. That's how extreme training works. Losing competitive edge is just transitional and when you're past it, the training will pay off and you will take a leap forward.

To time that leap forward and to achieve maximum peak performance during the Olympics is every player's goal this year.

And just to make sure and not to take anything away, but Chuang Chih-yuan did indeed play very, very well. :)

Why Samsonov is the only one who never has a coach on his side?

Vladi had a coach by his side on major matches few years ago.
as for now - he has no sponsor/club/national team to cover expenses for a coach. and he has enough experience to plan and adjust his game on his own, with a "self-coacing".

Reactions: BeGo