Greatest Table Tennis Rally of all Time?

Is this the best table tennis rally in table tennis history?

• Yes without doubt, this is the best rally of all time, better than Ma Long vs Fang Bo at WTTC!

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Yes I have never seen anything quite like it!

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • It is amazing but I have seen better!

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • I have seen a better rally and will share it in the topic

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters
says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
Administrator
Oct 2010
The topic title says it all, 'the greatest table tennis rally of all time'. Do you think it is? Get involved in the poll above, enjoy!

The 2015 China Super League has now come to a close with Ma Long's Ningbo defeating Fan Zhendong's Bayi in an epic final showdown. We now have the best rally of the 2015 China Super League! Be sure to check it out!

Shanghai's Xu Xin took part in one of the most spectacular China Super League rallies of time time against Sichuan's Zhu Linfeng. Not only is this most likely the best China Super League points of all time, this could be one of the most outrageous, craziest table tennis rallies in history!

Okay, so the point did not last 91 shots like the recent rally which took place between Par Gerell and Adiren Mattenet at the Czech Open, however this rally displays every type of shot possible as insane speeds!

This rally has a great chance featuring in the TableTennisDaily top 10 points of 2015, be sure to check out out the best rallies and shots so far submitted in the TTD topic of 2015 here.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Definitely exciting and fun to watch. Weren't the ITTF calling that rally from the WTTC finals between Ma Long and Fang Bo the table tennis point of the century? Both rallies are insane.

Oh, by the way, the poll is missing one obvious choice: "the rally is shyte; those guys should learn how to loop from Pnachtwey." hahahaha.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
This ONE rally has more around the net shots than most of us does during our whole lives in real matches LOL

Yes, it is the combination of shotmaking and mobility that is ridiculous. IT's like the players were playing H-O-R-S-E with each other all over the table or "Anything you can do, I can do better".

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2015
Read 1 reviews
Greetings,

The first video is certanly remarkable - but the best?!

The second is alright - there are plenty as good, if not better ones, in this video:

My favourite point though, is Waldner - Böhm (European Championships, 1990) at 26:05 - they used virtually every shot in the book. At the time it was said to be the longest rally:

Kindest regards,

James

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
James,

I like the contrarian spirit and like the Waldner-Bohm rally a lot. Watching two lefties sidespin around the net repeatedly and covering more ground than some people cover in a whole set caught my imagination more than the above though. I guess it is a matter of taste.

NL

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2015
Read 1 reviews
Greetings,

James,

I like the contrarian spirit and like the Waldner-Bohm rally a lot. Watching two lefties sidespin around the net repeatedly and covering more ground than some people cover in a whole set caught my imagination more than the above though. I guess it is a matter of taste.

NL
It's certainly a spectacular rally where both are trying to out-gun each other, notwithstanding the fact that they're also manoeuvring around the table to retrieve each other's hits.

For me, I prefer rallies where the players are primarily trying to out-manoeuvre each other - although there may be big hits in the rally, they're also using other strokes: blocks, drop-shots, loops, etc.

As both Waldner and Böhm are all-rounders, they used every stroke in their respective arsenals to get the better of each other.

Although Waldner won this point, Böhm won the match.

Kindest regards,

James