Has anyone tried these defensive blades??? (Nexy?)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2017
I got a chance to play at a local club in Shanghai and ran into this blade called the 'Nexy' Cakra.
(Nexy seems like the brand, with 'Cakra' being the weird product name)

Never seen it before and by the looks, it seems like the front/backhand layer of the blade were made out of different wood.

I was lucky enough to borrow it from a player beside me. Didn't get a chance to get any snaps(I had to be polite since I'm the stupid foreigner at a visiting club) but I hope to be able to run into him again soon this weekend.

Anyways...more about the blade:

- The weight was just right. FL grip felt great.
- Forehand was super aggressive(MXP).
- Backhand(CurlP1R) was juuuuuust right.

I can't get wait to get my hands on it but the only problem is that I can't find an EU/SE distributor.

Anyone heard of this brand, Nexy/Cakra blades? Is it worth the money?

Any advice from the defense squad would be appreciate ;)

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Our NexyUSA CEO won a tourney with that blade yesterday. It is one of the many combination defensive blades Oscar from Nexy Korea has designed.

There are a couple places in EU seling Nexy blades. Spinfactory.de seems to carry the most, but a lot of lower volume places will not stock every item Nexy makes (we don't) but you should be able to ask and they can prolly get it on their next order, that is what we do.

TTD will talk about anything and everything, but OOAK forum is especially well suited for this one, they are a pips-oriented forum that talks about everything.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I didn't see it at Nexy USA website.

Yes, we don't stock the Labyrinhos blade. That blade came out maybe 3-4 years before I sell Nexy stuff. That was prolly the 3rd or 4th combi blade Oscar made, he already had several with Tibhar for the Korean market.

Bogeyhunter and I did not invest enough money in NexyUSA to stock everything Nexy ever made or will make, we were just not going to be able justify that much an investment in inventory given the likely sales volume. Maybe when the market has better traction, for now, our balance point is what it is.

There is a new ALC blade with Hinoki outer ply at the $120 - $130 price point that just came out. If it is not the rocket launcher packing the knockout punch that is the Oscar, we might stock it and I might use it. That blade is named after a long time sponsored amateur player.

The Cakra blade Bogeyhunter used is a sample blade from Korea to see if he wants to stock it.