Help patella felt weak after session everything!!!

says Not for sale, I liked it actually
May 2018
I"m a righty shakehand conventional player. My patella kinda feel tender after every session and if I play consecutive days it will start to hurt.

I need to know what is causing this?

1. Is it the twisting motion when I step around and do my FH
2. is it just downward weight?

1 will be very tricky because twisting is unnatural there's no exercise that can improve the twisting ability of my patella
2 might be easier because I can just do squats and strengthen it that way.

This user has no status.
I"m a righty shakehand conventional player. My patella kinda feel tender after every session and if I play consecutive days it will start to hurt.

I need to know what is causing this?

1. Is it the twisting motion when I step around and do my FH
2. is it just downward weight?

1 will be very tricky because twisting is unnatural there's no exercise that can improve the twisting ability of my patella
2 might be easier because I can just do squats and strengthen it that way.
It's the toes and how they face. When you do a FH powerloop there is incredible amount of torque flowing through. I noticed some players feet do not move throughout the shot which causes this torque to be applied to the kneecap which is the cause of many issues.

There's a mechanism which prevents this which is the pronation of the right foot and slight supination of the left - this allows the feet to rotate and relieve the stresses on the knees. In Chinese they describe the feeling as snuffing out a cigarette butt using the feet (I don't smoke so I don't know but apparently it's quite a similar movement)

May 2018
It's the toes and how they face. When you do a FH powerloop there is incredible amount of torque flowing through. I noticed some players feet do not move throughout the shot which causes this torque to be applied to the kneecap which is the cause of many issues.

There's a mechanism which prevents this which is the pronation of the right foot and slight supination of the left - this allows the feet to rotate and relieve the stresses on the knees. In Chinese they describe the feeling as snuffing out a cigarette butt using the feet (I don't smoke so I don't know but apparently it's quite a similar movement)
I do spin my left foot when I do fh. But it still hurt and later during the day (if i'm having tournament) this tenderness/pain will prevent me from properly do any step around FH

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Once upon a time I had a more or less the same problem with my patella. My chiropractor gave me few exercises to strengthen the muscles around and in a few few weeks the problem was gone
was going to say this. you don't need to know exactly what is "causing the problem". if the pain comes after you play table tennis, then that is what is causing the pain.

What is the solution? Strengthening your knees. There's a lot of exercises that are available online. Kneesovertoesguy is a good place to start.

Reactions: riemsesy
This user has no status.
I do spin my left foot when I do fh. But it still hurt and later during the day (if i'm having tournament) this tenderness/pain will prevent me from properly do any step around FH
Pivoting does stress the left knee especially if you put a lot of power in it. This is why I try not to pivot so much anymore and just use BH lol...

Maybe another way is to look at your shoes in terms of the shock absorption, that could help.

Otherwise, strength training is very useful, and this is why the pros all invest a lot in the gym.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2022
My best tip, don't get medical advice from random people online. I saw a sports medicine doctor for something like this.

If you must get rando advice, google "chrondomalacia", many videos online that address possible causes and treatments if you don't want to see a real doctor for a proper diagnosis. Root cause can be many things, including foot issues. If so, doing knee strengthening work may not do much good.

I used to use the patella strap. It is useful when your kneecap does not sit perfectly in the joint and rubs on the patella tendon. The strap attempts to prevent misalignment.

If the pain is preventing you from doing step around FH, then go see a doctor.