Help with Blade decision

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Alot of great info carl, Thank you :]
and i know it all to be true, and i know i am a low level player in a lot of ways. My issue is i dont have much when it comes to resources.
for one, i dont drive, that already is a huge drawback.
I have 1 friend with a table. who is also the only other friend as serious about it as i am. and he is very busy, with work and school to be an engineer. we dont play as much as before, and when we did it was maybe twice a week. even then, its also our other friends. so we cant just start doing multiball or any kind of training cause everyone wants to play. it would be rude

theres only a couple clubs within an hour of here. and with our schedules being either full or conflicting, it just doesnt work out. so since my only training or practice, is when im actually playing. its rough :mad:

but i know what your saying, and it does mean alot to me to get better, but the difference is the motivation, i want to get better because i like to be the best i can be at everything i do, or at the very least, better than my friends :p. i dont compete in any tournaments or anything.

so my goal is kind of just to have a blade combo of ever variety. i have the standard Off setup, im moving to something faster. i have a all around/off- pip set up which i like very much. (donic epox offensive with mark v and tihbar grass dtecs)
the only issue is money, and the separation between what i want and what i need. if i had a ton of cash to throw around i would also get a slower blade in a heartbeat. its a tough choice carl and you make it tougher :p

All good. I totally understand. :)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Carl can i found one blade with very similar characteristics to inneforce zlf but from another brand? Butterfly is a expensive brand and sometimes is not big different for another one

I have to be honest, I just don't know. Perhaps there are blades that are just like it, but I think Butterfly may have done something that is unique.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Carl can i found one blade with very similar characteristics to inneforce zlf but from another brand? Butterfly is a expensive brand and sometimes is not big different for another one

actually there is a blade just like it, Made by stiga, Its named after a player from the 60's RealyGu llib-le :D

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Carl the clipper dont has a lot of speed and less control?

I don't look at the numbers. I try the blades. That is why I don't say things about blades I have not tried. Clipper is an amazing blade. I will put it this way. Wang Liqin is paid by DHS to use DHS blades. He uses a Clipper with a DHS handle. There are many top Asian pros who use Stiga Clipper. Almost all the Asian pros I know in my area use a Stiga Clipper.

It is a little slower than a TB ALC. Just a little. It has about the same dwell time, perhaps a hair less, perhaps a hair more depending on if you get one that is really good. It has more ball feel and just as much control. Because it is all wood, it has a lot of control and good ball feel. Those two things are very worth while.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
I don't look at the numbers. I try the blades. That is why I don't say things about blades I have not tried. Clipper is an amazing blade. I will put it this way. Wang Liqin is paid by DHS to use DHS blades. He uses a Clipper with a DHS handle. There are many top Asian pros who use Stiga Clipper. Almost all the Asian pros I know in my area use a Stiga Clipper.

It is a little slower than a TB ALC. Just a little. It has about the same dwell time, perhaps a hair less, perhaps a hair more depending on if you get one that is really good. It has more ball feel and just as much control. Because it is all wood, it has a lot of control and good ball feel. Those two things are very worth while.

Have you try the CR version? If you do, what is the difference between the classic one and CR version?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD