How much do you train?

This user has no status.
Just a question! Do you like training with a robot? Especially that often? I trained also with some robots but after a time it got so boring and the training purpose to result ratio got smaller and smaller.

I love it, you just need to be a bit more creative in terms of the drills you do so that you are constantly challenged... :p

This user has no status.
Drills I'm working on with my Newgy 1040 robot.

Medium pace topspin, fixed placement (train up more feeling for the basic BH/FH counters and ensuring good form and relaxation)
Medium pace topspin, whole table, medium frequency (working on BH/FH transition when practising two-wing play, otherwise whole-table FH looping)
Medium pace topspin, whole table, high frequency (working on medium pace BH/FH control shots)
Fast pace topspin, whole table, high frequency (train up reflexes, try to block/counter the fast ball with good control)

Underspin drills
Double bounce long underspin, fixed placement, low frequency (just try to develop feeling for the loop and develop good form. I also train up powerlooping to get used to using big power on shots)
Double bounce long underspin, whole table, low frequency (looping underspin from both wings consistently)
Double bounce short underspin, whole table, medium frequency (start from ready position, step in, then do a short push/long push, then go back to ready position, sometimes I intersperse some flicks including FH flicking and BH over-the-table looping )

says Hello FbERN! I think it is a good choice :)
says Hello FbERN! I think it is a good choice :)
Dec 2012
Drills I'm working on with my Newgy 1040 robot.

Medium pace topspin, fixed placement (train up more feeling for the basic BH/FH counters and ensuring good form and relaxation)
Medium pace topspin, whole table, medium frequency (working on BH/FH transition when practising two-wing play, otherwise whole-table FH looping)
Medium pace topspin, whole table, high frequency (working on medium pace BH/FH control shots)
Fast pace topspin, whole table, high frequency (train up reflexes, try to block/counter the fast ball with good control)

Underspin drills
Double bounce long underspin, fixed placement, low frequency (just try to develop feeling for the loop and develop good form. I also train up powerlooping to get used to using big power on shots)
Double bounce long underspin, whole table, low frequency (looping underspin from both wings consistently)
Double bounce short underspin, whole table, medium frequency (start from ready position, step in, then do a short push/long push, then go back to ready position, sometimes I intersperse some flicks including FH flicking and BH over-the-table looping )

Wow , quite a nice workout you got there!
Mind if i try them too? :)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I usually play 4 times a week. Sometimes 5. Wednesday and Thursday I play for 2-3 hours. Saturday and Sunday I play 4-8 hours. Sometimes it is more training, sometimes not as much. Sometimes what I do is productive. Sometimes it is just having fun. But I notice, as I get better, what I am doing gets increasingly more intense on my body. 4 hours of play these days is a lot more physical exercise than it was a year or 2 ago. :) There have been days where I played for 10-12 hours. I don't think I can do that any more. If I am playing, I am always playing after work. So, what I do depends on how much I worked and how hard I worked. On the weekends my work days are shorter, which is why I can play more.

Reactions: Arne
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
In vacation I train 5 times a week, I have two seasons, one in the morming and other in the afternoon. The season is of 2 hours. When I studie I train 5 times a week of 2 and a half hour. I play one tournament per mont.
You must have many tournies there, I can't even join one that frequently here.