Who will win Hungarian open 2012 ???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yeah, I cannot believe how badly Zhang Jike got beaten. It looked like he was sleepwalking or like something was going on in his head that made him sort be elsewhere instead of having his head in the match. The semifinals and finals will be interesting.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
It was like it wasnt even Zhang.. hmm..
Reeeeeally weird..
But im happy for that, maybe we will get Offensive vs. Defensive final ;-)
Biggest match tomorrow will be Long vs. Xu Xin.. Xu is in form and if Ma Long will play like today, he will probably lose..

yeah true. somehow i feel sad for zhang jike. dont know what happened. i feel happy for joo of course, but to loose in that way .. dont know. its a little shock :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
I haven't watched that match just yet, but if anyone has been paying attention to a lot of previous matches you'll notice that the referees are making some terrible calls. ZJK, XX vs Belgium had some crappy calls from both umps both on ZJK's service, but the funny thing is that I'm watching clearly illegal service from the Belgium team and they didn't get called once I believe. It's truly funny how one sided the refs can get especially how biased their view is on service.

On another note they totally robbed the belgium team of their point that even Xu Xin clapped on. They said it rolled across the left corner of the table, but the head ump didn't want to give the point to them. ZJK responded by stomping and receiving the next service incredibly wide to give them back the point.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
I haven't watched that match just yet, but if anyone has been paying attention to a lot of previous matches you'll notice that the referees are making some terrible calls. ZJK, XX vs Belgium had some crappy calls from both umps both on ZJK's service, but the funny thing is that I'm watching clearly illegal service from the Belgium team and they didn't get called once I believe. It's truly funny how one sided the refs can get especially how biased their view is on service.

On another note they totally robbed the belgium team of their point that even Xu Xin clapped on. They said it rolled across the left corner of the table, but the head ump didn't want to give the point to them. ZJK responded by stomping and receiving the next service incredibly wide to give them back the point.

yea i saw this too. cant understand, why the refery not change the point, even if all 4 players are the same opinion.

Gauzy - Monteiro 3-3 5-1 Best point of this match,
even the referee on the left agrees hehe.

totally agree :D the refery is celebrating ^^

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Also speaking of referees. There was a score dispute in Sun Bei Bei's match against Gina Pota and apparently on analysis the umpire had been scoring 1 point out in Gina's favour from 1-0 and Bei Bei was yellow carded for time wasting when she continued to dispute!

Stoked for Joo :) take advantage on the day I say. Would have loved to have seen Chen Qi win that match tbh! :) Go lefties hehe

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
The recording is up if you're talking about Chen vs Simon.

Yeah you're totally right there Matt. There's some really stupid calls from the refs this tournament. It's really bad and something needs to be done about it. Everyone always talks about protecting the refs, but it's clear that the players also need to be protected. This is just a mental game as it is physical and when you have a ref who feels the need to take every decision into his interpretation of the rules rather than what's clearly defined it makes the matches stressful for the players.

I'm hoping to talk with a lot of people involved in the committee's about this. Apparently JoolaUSA has some contacts that are going to be working closely with the USATT and ITTF.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
I just finished watching the Chen Qi vs Simon Gauzy match. The last 2 points are Chen's and he's all like. Okay time to finish the match with some Liu Guoliang services. Boom Bam set and match. It was actually kind of funny to watch. The whole match I could tell Chen wasn't putting a lot in his service because he was standing up like Fang Bo did at Baltimore Teams. Simon's face after the first service was like, "Oh wow, he never served like that before."

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
Cracking matches last nite. 1pm and I just woke up. The Mrs took the kids for brunch with her girlfriends and I get to lie in bed with no interruptions.hahahaha perfect. I was surprised I didn't see you at the stream lastnite Yosua...topsy turvy, crazy, nerve wrecking thriller kind of matches, didn't expect Ma Long could come back, ZJK to roll over and play dead and Ma lin losing all his flair. More of these tonite please...:D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
Cracking matches last nite. 1pm and I just woke up. The Mrs took the kids for brunch with her girlfriends and I get to lie in bed with no interruptions.hahahaha perfect. I was surprised I didn't see you at the stream lastnite Yosua...topsy turvy, crazy, nerve wrecking thriller kind of matches, didn't expect Ma Long could come back, ZJK to roll over and play dead and Ma lin losing all his flair. More of these tonite please...:D

:( Yeah Sir Az, too bad I got lotsa things to do.
Going to another city then here helping my nephew's wedding and also Chinese New Year regathering oh dear so much to do.

Do you know where can I see the matches' schedule Sir? I hope I could join the stream this time :)