• Poll closed .
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
NO! NO! NOOOOOO!
CANT BE HAPPENING!

Oh God :'(
Man I can't believe Joo missed his on the table attack @ 8-8 no way.
I could just hope Joo could play even better with his new equipment..

Watching the stream while keep refreshing the page (keep stopping) is no fun but its thrilling to see the point keep changing..
Huff.. Joo is playing very well, very very well.. I still got hopes for him in the future..
Go Joo!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Well the final is over, Ma Long is the champion!
As voted, heh..
Have to say, I am really happy.. Ma Long and Liu Shiwen are the champions, for me they are world no. 1.. Liu Shiwen is much better than any other woman in the world.
Its funny to see Ding Ning to go out in quarters with a defensive player, just like Zhang Jike went out in quarters with defensive player.
They really are like man - woman equivalent.. Ding same as Zhang, Shiwen same as Long :)

Anyways - no idea what rubbers Joo changed - but it made difference.. Huge difference I have to say - Ma Long really had trouble reading spin in his chops, and specially from the forehand (no pimples rubber) Joo was able to create insane underspin, that noone could get over the net..

Xu Xin was really good, I thougt - if someone can beat Ma Long, its Xu Xin, I was really afraid that he will actually beat Ma.. But Ma somehow found mental strenght to fight back,.. its incredible this Ma Long!
Quarterfinals, semifinals, final .. in all 3 matches he was 3:2 down in sets and he found strenght to fight back and win!
If someone wants to say Ma Long mental strenght is not good, think about that! ;)

Was great tournament, glad to see it ;)

says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
Administrator
Oct 2010
Some statistics for you all. Over 5000 messages were entered into the TableTennisDaily chat box throughout the Hungarian Open 2012 ITTF Live streaming! We hope you all enjoy this latest addition to the site!

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Well the final is over, Ma Long is the champion!
As voted, heh..
Have to say, I am really happy.. Ma Long and Liu Shiwen are the champions, for me they are world no. 1.. Liu Shiwen is much better than any other woman in the world.
Its funny to see Ding Ning to go out in quarters with a defensive player, just like Zhang Jike went out in quarters with defensive player.
They really are like man - woman equivalent.. Ding same as Zhang, Shiwen same as Long :)

Anyways - no idea what rubbers Joo changed - but it made difference.. Huge difference I have to say - Ma Long really had trouble reading spin in his chops, and specially from the forehand (no pimples rubber) Joo was able to create insane underspin, that noone could get over the net..

Was great tournament, glad to see it ;)

Hehe I voted for him to :).. Lol well spotted about the Ding Ning and Zhang Jike similarities Michal. That is interesting, it is very surprising how much of a difference Joo Se Hyuk's rubber change made to his performance. I'm looking forward to seeing what the rubber it is.

the good thing is that the final was not yesterday... It was not Ma Long´s day but his mental strenght made a difference...
Ma Long is the best... Now the chinesse will study Joo Se Hyuk

True, Ma Long was mentally amazing today and really had to push himself to the limits! Tremendous performance from both players!

...And they'll be back for a second round next week. :)

Haha very true, I will make the Slovenian Open thread shortly :)

NO! NO! NOOOOOO!
CANT BE HAPPENING!

Oh God :'(
Man I can't believe Joo missed his on the table attack @ 8-8 no way.
I could just hope Joo could play even better with his new equipment..

Watching the stream while keep refreshing the page (keep stopping) is no fun but its thrilling to see the point keep changing..
Huff.. Joo is playing very well, very very well.. I still got hopes for him in the future..
Go Joo!

Lol Yosua, so close!!! That sitter Joo missed was everything at 8-8. Just shows a little bit of thought and nerves effects ones performance even at the highest of levels!

Just think when Joo gets use to his equipment even more... he may have more to improve on? :)

Hehe you need a better internet connection next time bro so we can have you in the lounge :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
all chinese male palyers were somehow tired. ma long wasnt able to play his best. just on some parts ... when i really had to, he focused and fought back. you could often see, that he was really unhappy and made easy mistakes. did you just see one forehand flick? he does it often in a game. his special shot. i saw it one time against xu xin and he failed ... there you can see, that he wasnt on the limit. but its true, that he has an unbelievable mental strength now and thats why he can play with 80% and can beat all. the old ma long from a year ago often lead the game and was losing then. now he often was behind and fought back. it was amazing how unhappy he was one second and in the next second he had 100% focus. true machine. :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
# (ms-sf) MA Long - XU Xin [Full Match|Short Form]

--enjoy!!! :)

says yup.. from weibo haha :D
says yup.. from weibo haha :D
Oct 2011
WHAT IS EPIC?!

I'm totally totally surprised by Joo! He could've won it. Imagine Ma Long getting defeated!!! uuugh!!
Well, Ma Long played his part really good though. But seriously, I can't get over Joo Se Hyuk and his excellent form right now! It's like, he's just in the new generation! I really can't wait for the Olympics now!! I really cant get over it. He could've won!!! But oh well, Ma long is Ma long.. congrats to both of them. and also to Liu Shiwen...

GUESS WHO ELSE WAS TOTALLY SURPRISED!

Liu Guoliang haha

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
WHAT IS EPIC?!

I'm totally totally surprised by Joo! He could've won it. Imagine Ma Long getting defeated!!! uuugh!!
Well, Ma Long played his part really good though. But seriously, I can't get over Joo Se Hyuk and his excellent form right now! It's like, he's just in the new generation! I really can't wait for the Olympics now!! I really cant get over it. He could've won!!! But oh well, Ma long is Ma long.. congrats to both of them. and also to Liu Shiwen...

Liu Guoliang haha

HAHA! Coach Liu must be on a rant for the main Chinese team to study Joo's new playing method LOL!

I somehow got the impression that Joo got the kinks to win the 2012 Olympics :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
WHAT IS EPIC?!

Liu Guoliang haha

About what was Liu surprised? About Ma Longs victory? About Zhangs loss against Joo? :D

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Joo Se Hyuk is playing great. He has not played that well in a long time. For the last year or two, most of the time he has been an fairly easy win for the top Chinese players. I thought what happened to Zhang Jike was a fluke and had more to do with how Jike is very moody and sometimes just plays badly for no apparent reason as though his head is not in the game. I personally don't think Ma Long was playing his best at this tournament and Both Chen Chi and Xu Xin should not have given him so much trouble. But that does not take anything away from them and it does not take anything away from how good, how great Joo was playing. When he was down 8-4 in the final game I thought it was all over and all of a sudden he got right back in there. Attacking intelligently and defending intelligently. He was taking the game to Ma Long. I give him credit. And it is fun to watch.