Hurricane H3 with curly tail

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I understand the frustration of the OP very well. I do have the same problem everytime I remove a H3. What helps for me is cleaning the old glue and then applying booster again. It straighten the rubber and even gives a little dome, but way smaller than the first time boosting.
Generally I could mentally support the whole procedure if there wasn't the hassle of removing the old glue
Dear friend, you must have missed the part where I said that when the photos were taken I had already applied 2 layers of seamoon :D

Reactions: Kolev
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
It is perfectly understandable that the rubber will be bent to the other side. The top sheet is stretched and the sponge has shrunk. Yes, the correct procedure if you want to restart the rubber with a booster, remove the old glue, apply one layer of booster, then put glue again and finally a layer of booster. Don't overdo it with the booster, otherwise you will degrade the rubber, it will be too switched and the throw angle will change, it will be high.
Dear friend, you must have missed the part where I said that when the photos were taken I had already applied 2 layers of seamoon
😁

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
I guess I did, so please forgive me 👀.... I would never again show a disrespect to my brother in arms . BTW how can I buy you a beer?🍻
Errare humanum est.......to err is human 😁
Ahhh, a nice Belgium Beer would of course be nice but considering where you are AND where I am this could become a very very expensive price to pay for such a tiny oversight.
So, consider it forgiven AND drunk 😁

• Haha
Reactions: Kolev and JeffM
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
Come on maaan, do you think this flat one will curl anything ? (yeah I know, said like that it can be... weird hahaha)
begging for forgiveness but here Downunder we are real men and have very little knowledge of these kind of girly machines . :devilish:
Now where is it again you said you where at home ???

• Haha
Reactions: OldUser
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
begging for forgiveness but here Downunder we are real men and have very little knowledge of these kind of girly machines . :devilish:
Now where is it again you said you where at home ???
my home is these guys home...

But hey, I'd be glad to welcome you here to show ya how we de-curl some new-zealanders hahaha

• Haha
Reactions: lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I have had a similar problems to a hurricane 2 neo that I boosted very heavily. The dome never came off even after 5+ months.
OP's issue is not dome
its called reverse dome.
meaning, he boosted too much, the rubber expanded a lot (rather sponge expanded).

He cut the rubber, very likely without allowing the dome to be flat.
So now, the sponge retracted to too small (while the top sheet is bigger).
This causing "reverse dome"

@lodro
that magic blue bottle is basically voc free speed glue.
so if you have speed glue, try that.

Otherwise, where are you based? I think getting a new sheet of H3 will be cheaper than importing a magic blue

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
my home is these guys home...

But hey, I'd be glad to welcome you here to show ya how we de-curl some new-zealanders hahaha
Nice one. Yep, that was a big blow for the local yokels 🤣
I just live here though, I am not a native and I never even held a rugby ball in my hands................or a "curler" for that matter . :D

• Haha
Reactions: OldUser
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
OP's issue is not dome
its called reverse dome.
meaning, he boosted too much, the rubber expanded a lot (rather sponge expanded).

He cut the rubber, very likely without allowing the dome to be flat.
So now, the sponge retracted to too small (while the top sheet is bigger).
This causing "reverse dome"

@lodro
that magic blue bottle is basically voc free speed glue.
so if you have speed glue, try that.

Otherwise, where are you based? I think getting a new sheet of H3 will be cheaper than importing a magic blue
Thanks buddy, I figured it out by now. I found a small 50ml bottle on Aliexpress that would probably straighten this rubber but it was never really an exercise to save the rubber for re-use I just want to educate myself. As for your comment that I "overboosted", not likely,
2 coats of standard Seamoon is all I ever give a Hurricane 3 rubber and only a single layer for my Rxton 5.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
Thanks buddy, I figured it out by now. I found a small 50ml bottle on Aliexpress that would probably straighten this rubber but it was never really an exercise to save the rubber for re-use I just want to educate myself. As for your comment that I "overboosted", not likely,
2 coats of standard Seamoon is all I ever give a Hurricane 3 rubber and only a single layer for my Rxton 5.

Maybe a bad H3 batch issue then... I usually also boost with two layers of Seamoon and reboost once or twice with a single layer when I feel they/I need a reboost.

Btw: what worked to get a shrunken BlueStorm Z2 back to the original size was Seamoon (not enough) + a lot of https://www.rematiptop.com/products...anizing-fluid/cold-vulcanizing-fluid-201.html (that's the supposedly original speed glue stuff... still works... still contains a lot of VOCs petroleum naphtha, n-hexane...)

Reactions: Zwill
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Maybe a bad H3 batch issue then... I usually also boost with two layers of Seamoon and reboost once or twice with a single layer when I feel they/I need a reboost.

Btw: what worked to get a shrunken BlueStorm Z2 back to the original size was Seamoon (not enough) + a lot of https://www.rematiptop.com/products...anizing-fluid/cold-vulcanizing-fluid-201.html (that's the supposedly original speed glue stuff... still works... still contains a lot of VOCs petroleum naphtha, n-hexane...)
I'm pretty sure Klampár used tyre patch glue as speed glue for his first time :D

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020

thanks , but of course we found out that my nearly full bottle of seamoon is useless now. Inspiered by Tony's video , I searched aliexpress for traditional VOC speed glue and the variety seems endless. Looks like half of China is still using voc speed glue 🤣

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
thanks , but of course we found out that my nearly full bottle of seamoon is useless now. Inspiered by Tony's video , I searched aliexpress for traditional VOC speed glue and the variety seems endless. Looks like half of China is still using voc speed glue 🤣

No bike shop nearby? Every bike shop over here sells that stuff from Rema ;)

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
No bike shop nearby? Every bike shop over here sells that stuff from Rema ;)

Rema Vulcanizing Fluid 10g Tube​

star-4-full.png

Sale price NZ$ 62.00 Regular price NZ$ 1

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews

Rema Vulcanizing Fluid 10g Tube​

star-4-full.png

Sale price NZ$ 62.00 Regular price NZ$ 1

What the frak (Battlestar Galactica ;))... NZ$ 1 would be very cheap. Usually I pay 2€, 2.50€ sometimes 3€ for such a tube (around 3 to 5 NZ$)... worth every penny if you use one tube per H3 and can manage to glue it on your blade ;)