I hate Ma Lin, Xu Xin and Zhang Jike

says Hello I was only going to post hello but apparently I...
says Hello I was only going to post hello but apparently I...
Mar 2011
The word hate is too strong but after I explain you'll see my point

Was at the English Open, standing at the top of the room with the tt action going on at the centre and from the room behind me out comes Ma Lin, Xu Xin and Zhang Jike!

They stand in front of me and watch the current match between Wang Liqin and Chen Qi and I bring myself to ask them to sign my event ticket and all of them say no!

/rage

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
I understand your fury, but it's not easy to bring up the patience to cope with all the fans as a pro.
Maybe they had just given autographs to someone else and wanted to relax a bit.

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
This happened to me in 2007 WTTC. Similar sort of thing, Wang Liqin, Ma Lin and Wang Hao refused to sign my racquet. However, 4 years later Ma Lin played TT with me lol. I think sometimes the players want a break from it all.. But if i was a pro like them, i would always sign and stuff,, especially in your situation Nuigit when it was just you and them. No one else hassling them

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Read 4 reviews
This happened to me in 2007 WTTC. Similar sort of thing, Wang Liqin, Ma Lin and Wang Hao refused to sign my racquet. However, 4 years later Ma Lin played TT with me lol. I think sometimes the players want a break from it all.. But if i was a pro like them, i would always sign and stuff,, especially in your situation Nuigit when it was just you and them. No one else hassling them

yeah you are right.if were them i wouldnt too sing everyones racket :D

This user has no status.
S

This user has no status.
maybe it has something to do with difference in cultures....
maybe in china they do that all the time and fans don't take it as an offense.
in western world we are used to famous people always being polite, like an obligation.
it would be great to know what a couple of chinese people think about this theory :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
You are not in their position.
Maybe yesterday sb they loved passed away ? Who knows..
Maybe they are in deep pressure ? Who knows..
Maybe they are very tired ? Who knows..
You see, being a pro with lotsa fans is not easy.

Im not saying that you cant hate em.. Its your right fully..
No offence, my friend.
Im just trying to say that seeing others from their point of view is important in life.

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
Having being in various tournaments and competitions, not only table tennis, I understand the mentality of these players sometimes. Some are accessing other players, there are some too tired to entertain their fans, not playing well in their previous games will certainly not put them in a good mood or probably they were having some discussions between them.
I went to All England Wimbledon Championship every year when I was in the UK, and this one particular year, 1989, I tried to get Boris Becker and Stefan Edberg autograph, but they just ignored me...totally. But a year later I managed to get Edberg's, and a photo with Becker! Just remember, they are humans too, and probably we got them at the wrong time. Happens to the best of us

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
I can understand from their point of view that constantly signing would get annoying. And where do you draw the line? But I think in this situation they had no reason to not give you their signature.
I know if I was in their position I would totally sign it. Its just a polite thing to do.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
As other mentioned, it just most likely they are concentrating on analyze all their possible opponent on the match. And if they do agree to give out a signature at that moment, they would not able to give any excuse to not giving out any signature for other people. And probably the coach does warn them about this thing too.

says [img]
says [img]
Dec 2010
Having being in various tournaments and competitions, not only table tennis, I understand the mentality of these players sometimes. Some are accessing other players, there are some too tired to entertain their fans, not playing well in their previous games will certainly not put them in a good mood or probably they were having some discussions between them.
I went to All England Wimbledon Championship every year when I was in the UK, and this one particular year, 1989, I tried to get Boris Becker and Stefan Edberg autograph, but they just ignored me...totally. But a year later I managed to get Edberg's, and a photo with Becker! Just remember, they are humans too, and probably we got them at the wrong time. Happens to the best of us

I think your'e right! When i got the autographs of JO Waldner and Mikael Appelgren, one of my friends asked them two hours before me and they got nothing. When I asked, they were friendly, shook my hand, wrote on my racket and a picture. ( Waldner even smiled to me when he saw that I hit a serve behind the back without a racket!