Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hey Dan,

So I am curious, was he able to speak any english or understand what you were saying? What did the two Chinese female players say when they walked by? I couldn't make out what they were saying, but it seemed like they understood your response and your friend understood what they said.

Also, awesome that your friend can say piao liang and hao qiu haha

He spoke real little to me tbh, at the start he said 'okay' lol. I didnt speak much at all... just communicated through body language i guess :)

Yeah Ding Ning and Liu Shiwen came in laughing at Ma Lin... they were probably saying, 'what the hell are you doing' lol... and i said... 'were best friends' lol.

Haha yeh that was TTnard from here. he loves doing those impressions

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
dan,how was his serve?i see that u had problems...it seems that he puts much spin there

Yeah, they were amazing.. I think,, its just the way he disguises it... so hard to tell if its backspin or topspin, and it has so much backspin/sidespin your not to sure whether to push or flick :)

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Quality Dan!! Reckon you had him worried at one stage with your reverse serves.................................well maybe not!
How much spin does he generate on his serves? Did he really try to load them or were they quite gentle?

Hehe yeah :DDD

Hmm hard to tell,,, i had to dig it hard to get it over... but tbh i think he could of put a lot more spin on the ball... he was just chilling around like me :D

This user has no status.
S

This user has no status.
hahahhahaha
you somehow twisted the rules of camaraderie man!!
the guy that plays better is always the guy that says "ok, I'm bored, let's stop playing."
why did you tell him to stop? what better thing did you have to do?!!
or maybe you felt he was getting bored....
if that's the case, just wait till he tells you so...
he's ma lin, he's not gonna be afraid of telling you to stop :)

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
hahahhahaha
you somehow twisted the rules of camaraderie man!!
the guy that plays better is always the guy that says "ok, I'm bored, let's stop playing."
why did you tell him to stop? what better thing did you have to do?!!
or maybe you felt he was getting bored....
if that's the case, just wait till he tells you so...
he's ma lin, he's not gonna be afraid of telling you to stop :)

Haha I know, im crazy,, i thought i best stop also because the England Head Coach came in the door and started talking to Ma Lin. So i called it a day. Was good fun tho...

BTW, thanks for joining the forum, hope you enjoy it here dude :)

Dan

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Yeah, they were amazing.. I think,, its just the way he disguises it... so hard to tell if its backspin or topspin, and it has so much backspin/sidespin your not to sure whether to push or flick :)

hey Dan

When you say the way he disguises it, what do you mean? A ton of people from watching the video claim that a lot of his serves are covered up by his hand. But I always felt that wasn't true. He definitely tries to cut it close, but from the videos that I have seen with a better angle, the ball is definitely always visible when he hits it, and he moves his hand out of the way at the last moment.

From the video it just seems really impressive that even though from our view his hand motion looks exactly the same, you were able to flip one of them, while the other went straight into the net. I am definitely trying to work on making it so that my serves all look generally the same, or trying to make it so that right after I contact the ball, my hand motion changes so it looks like it would have a different kind of spin.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
hey Dan

When you say the way he disguises it, what do you mean? A ton of people from watching the video claim that a lot of his serves are covered up by his hand. But I always felt that wasn't true. He definitely tries to cut it close, but from the videos that I have seen with a better angle, the ball is definitely always visible when he hits it, and he moves his hand out of the way at the last moment.

From the video it just seems really impressive that even though from our view his hand motion looks exactly the same, you were able to flip one of them, while the other went straight into the net. I am definitely trying to work on making it so that my serves all look generally the same, or trying to make it so that right after I contact the ball, my hand motion changes so it looks like it would have a different kind of spin.

Yeah, its visiable you can see it... But the thing is.. Ma Lin is putting so much wrist action and movement so fast that its hard to focus in and see if hes doing the chop, topspin or float.

The first serve he does to me... it pops up doesn't it? well he put loads of backspin and sidespin, and it looked very heavy so i had to dig it hard to get it over the net.

Each backspin serve from him i had to dig... but sometimes he came across the side of the ball so i was able to flick.

The pro's such as Ma Lin, will disguise the ball, by using the same start action and finish action.. but there contact point varies, to produce, backspin, sidespin or topspin.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Wow that's amazing! But how could you play with jacket on? lol :)

Thats the most common question :)

Yeah i left it on because i only asked Ma Lin for 1 ball rally. But it went on for 5 minutes :) If i took my jacket off, he may of stopped and i would of looked silly, so i just carried on playing with what i had..

Its hard to think straight tbh in that situation :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
yeah, thats definitely what I am working towards in terms of my serves. To have my movements so fast that its hard to determine what kind of spin I really put on it. Its unfortunate that penhold players tend to have significantly better serves than shakehand players, (since i play shakehand). All three of the penhold players on the Chinese team have amazing serves.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
is it wrong to say "I'm JEALOUS!?" . The only thing I want to do is be in China and practice with them one day. I dont care who it is.. I will practice with the worst and work my way up... :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
You're lucky! Do someone og you know Mikael Appelgren? When he signed an autograph for me, he lost my pencil on the floor. I picked it up, and on my way way up, I chrushed my head into his butt....

yess i know someone who knows Mikael Appelgren !! He is indeed a legend!
And dannnn why didnt u take Liu Shiwen's email or something :(

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Thats the most common question :)

Yeah i left it on because i only asked Ma Lin for 1 ball rally. But it went on for 5 minutes :) If i took my jacket off, he may of stopped and i would of looked silly, so i just carried on playing with what i had..

Its hard to think straight tbh in that situation :)

haha yea! now I see :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2011
I know someone who paid money to play against much stronger players (in a semi-public training hall). I guess, your way was much better ;-).
This opportunity comes nearly never for players not to be considered as "world class". This is so damn cool, congrats!