Innerforce ALC.S. hype video

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
any other feedback on layer ALC and ALC.S? maybe some comparison?

Btw is it a big difference in speed between Innerforce ALC and ZLF or Liu Shiwen?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
There are Hinoki ALC blades, why not spruce ALC?

Hinoki is not spruce. You don't use Hinoki as a middle ply to make the ball catapult. It doesn't do that. You put Hinoki in the top ply to make it grab the ball more. Hinoki is not as springy and it grabs the ball and spins the ball more. Spruce as an inner ply does something that is almost like what ALC already does. I was thinking the same thing as Andy.

I am not sure. I would have to try it. But I immediately thought the same thing.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Hinoki is not spruce. You don't use Hinoki as a middle ply to make the ball catapult. It doesn't do that. You put Hinoki in the top ply to make it grab the ball more. Hinoki is not as springy and it grabs the ball and spins the ball more. Spruce as an inner ply does somepthing that is almost like what ALC already does. I was thinking the same thing as Andy.

I am not sure. I would have to try it. But I immediately thought the same thing.

The blade construction and design will account for these things.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
This is one of those blades that I'd love to try just to see what the concept is all about. ALC and spruce sounds like A Bad Thing on paper to me (YMMV), but OTOH Butterfly aren't likely to put a total lemon out there either. But no way am I paying £140 just to find out. Butterfly are priced well out of curiosity-led spur-of-the-moment experiment territory these days.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Hinoki is not spruce. You don't use Hinoki as a middle ply to make the ball catapult. It doesn't do that. You put Hinoki in the top ply to make it grab the ball more. Hinoki is not as springy and it grabs the ball and spins the ball more. Spruce as an inner ply does something that is almost like what ALC already does. I was thinking the same thing as Andy.

This is making me think. I'm a bit torn but i think i would have to agree.
I'm gonna keep thinking a bit more and gonna come back to this when i finish my review of the Darker Blade tomorrow or in the next days.
As you probably remember, my old Nittaku Shake Offence Blades all have a hinoki core whereas the Darker has a different one. Unfortunately Darker doesn't say what it is.
But then again the composite material used in those blades is just 'regular' carbon and not ALC, so that makes a bit of a difference here.

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
This is one of those blades that I'd love to try just to see what the concept is all about. ALC and spruce sounds like A Bad Thing on paper to me (YMMV), but OTOH Butterfly aren't likely to put a total lemon out there either. But no way am I paying £140 just to find out. Butterfly are priced well out of curiosity-led spur-of-the-moment experiment territory these days.

please pm me your address. I'd like to send you the blade for your professional review capabilities ^.^

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
have you played with regular ALC? what is your feedback comparing 2 of them?

or if not, did you like your combo now?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
I have asked someone who played one (90grams) and he told me that it is a little bit slower than the layer alc,still off rated though, harder touch and a lot of feedback. i couldnt conclude much of it but with that information I lost interest to test it.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
Ah hahaha. That's very kind, but postage will be super expensive.
Cheaper than buying a new blade. 20$ flat rate envelope for international shipping. I'm not as experienced as you so my review comparing the IF ALC, IF layer ALC, and IF ALC.S wouldn't be as good for the community as your review.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
Shuki you have played both innerforce ALC and inner layer ALC.S. Can you share any experiences or comparisons ?

The spruce makes it FEEL softer, almost like it's holding the ball too long for my liking. but it also doesn't feel as much like a wood blade as the other innerforce series blades do. I think it's easier to do close to the table loops with the alc.s, but that's never been an issue in my game so It could just be me.

I'd love to see someone else review it.

Andy, if you deny me again it's going to another EJ to review ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
The spruce makes it FEEL softer, almost like it's holding the ball too long for my liking. but it also doesn't feel as much like a wood blade as the other innerforce series blades do. I think it's easier to do close to the table loops with the alc.s, but that's never been an issue in my game so It could just be me.

I'd love to see someone else review it.

Andy, if you deny me again it's going to another EJ to review ;)

Well, if you're sure. It's an expensive thing to be shipping around, but I'll cover the postage costs of course.