Introduce yourself to the forum! :)

This user has no status.
C

This user has no status.
Hey Guys,

Just joined the website, thanks Dan for creating a site that allows table tennis enthusiasts like myself to talk and meet with other like minded people.

I am 24, male, live in North Carolina/ Virginia, United States.

I have played on and off for a good portion of my life. Stated probably when I was like 13-14 when I went to a Chinese school in Boston, where one of the activities was table tennis, played some there. But I only really got serious when I entered the sophomore year of high school. I began to play a lot with my friends, watch videos online, etc. I even took a week of lessons in China while I was visiting. Since then, I have started or help start 2 table tennis clubs, one at the undergrad university, and one at my grad school university. It was only really until this past summer that I really played regularly at a city table tennis club, which really helped my improve my skills. I went from probably a 1500 rating to now roughly a 1700-1800 rating, which is based off the US table tennis rating system. I can't say for sure since during the summer I didn't get a chance to play in any tournaments, but I am now able to beat 1700 players at least 50% of the time, as well as taking our two 2000+ players to 5 games in a best of 5. Because I watch so many videos, and concentrate on short game and short services, I find that I tend to do really well against players who actually follow that kind of game player, whereas some other players who maybe just got good from playing and have more of an "unorthodox" give me more trouble.

The next level that I am hoping to reach, is to be able to consistently loop back my opponents beginning spinny loop, if I am able to do so on a regular basis, I think I would be able to reach 2000+ relatively quickly after that.

intresting introduction look forward to your future posts

This user has no status.
C

This user has no status.
what made you switch justin

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hey Guys,

Just joined the website, thanks Dan for creating a site that allows table tennis enthusiasts like myself to talk and meet with other like minded people.

I am 24, male, live in North Carolina/ Virginia, United States.

I have played on and off for a good portion of my life. Stated probably when I was like 13-14 when I went to a Chinese school in Boston, where one of the activities was table tennis, played some there. But I only really got serious when I entered the sophomore year of high school. I began to play a lot with my friends, watch videos online, etc. I even took a week of lessons in China while I was visiting. Since then, I have started or help start 2 table tennis clubs, one at the undergrad university, and one at my grad school university. It was only really until this past summer that I really played regularly at a city table tennis club, which really helped my improve my skills. I went from probably a 1500 rating to now roughly a 1700-1800 rating, which is based off the US table tennis rating system. I can't say for sure since during the summer I didn't get a chance to play in any tournaments, but I am now able to beat 1700 players at least 50% of the time, as well as taking our two 2000+ players to 5 games in a best of 5. Because I watch so many videos, and concentrate on short game and short services, I find that I tend to do really well against players who actually follow that kind of game player, whereas some other players who maybe just got good from playing and have more of an "unorthodox" give me more trouble.

The next level that I am hoping to reach, is to be able to consistently loop back my opponents beginning spinny loop, if I am able to do so on a regular basis, I think I would be able to reach 2000+ relatively quickly after that.

What you said here is so true!!

'Because I watch so many videos, and concentrate on short game and short services, I find that I tend to do really well against players who actually follow that kind of game player, whereas some other players who maybe just got good from playing and have more of an "unorthodox" give me more trouble.'

I had this same problem, i could play they sort of game really well!! but people who didnt follow that way but were good through experience and pushed long and did awkward stuff i found harder! Anyways... welcome to the forum, it sounds like you have a lot of knowledge in TT and thanks for coming here. I would like to here your trip to China, would you care to make a thread on this for us :)

Dan

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Haha, Yep and here! I can do pretty well against orthodx players and do ok against much higher ranked opponents who play that way. And then I'll play against an old boy who just does quick pushes with a weird rubber and long serves that bounce in my face and I'll dump point after point off. Quick long pushes are my nemesis.

lol good times!

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Haha, Yep and here! I can do pretty well against orthodx players and do ok against much higher ranked opponents who play that way. And then I'll play against an old boy who just does quick pushes with a weird rubber and long serves that bounce in my face and I'll dump point after point off. Quick long pushes are my nemesis.

lol good times!

haha good times shawn :D dont worry after a while those players you'll be crushing... just upload videos of your training to ur blog, then we can all look.. i think will be good :) and anyways you'll be reverse serving those guys to shame soon by the start of next year :p

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
haha good times shawn :D dont worry after a while those players you'll be crushing... just upload videos of your training to ur blog, then we can all look.. i think will be good :) and anyways you'll be reverse serving those guys to shame soon by the start of next year :p

Yeah I'll film my next coaching session dude! Then you can see my technique and watch my coach getting increasingly p1ssed off throughout the session cuz I'm not doing what I'm told! lol just kidding.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Hi I'm Alfie from the Philippines. Been playing since high school for the fun of it, not good technically..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Hi, I'm Reb. Some users will know me from the Aussie forums (and I am an Aussie). Played TT for around 32 years with time off for good behaviour. I play twice a week in A grade comps plus usually a couple more times training. I play with LP (Pogo) on Bty Gergely with Andro Roxon on FH. I came back to TT seriously about 3 years ago into lower B grade and have won promotion through about 4 divisions into A grade since then. The 4 premiership wins, a leading player and 2 grade championship wins would be my best achievements I guess.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hi, I'm Reb. Some users will know me from the Aussie forums (and I am an Aussie). Played TT for around 32 years with time off for good behaviour. I play twice a week in A grade comps plus usually a couple more times training. I play with LP (Pogo) on Bty Gergely with Andro Roxon on FH. I came back to TT seriously about 3 years ago into lower B grade and have won promotion through about 4 divisions into A grade since then. The 4 premiership wins, a leading player and 2 grade championship wins would be my best achievements I guess.

Hey thanks for joining Rob!

Sounds like you've got a lot of experience in tt:), what is the Andro Roxon like? this is meant to be the best andro series?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Hello guys!

I learned about this site from TTDaily's Youtube vids (those ads were effective, but kinda annoying though, I just wanted to get to the point and see the TT matches LOL). Thanks Dan for the spiffy site! :)

A little about myself: I live in Southern California in the US, and I've been playing serious TT for about two years now (I'm still a "kid" :p). I love the sport, but I honestly don't have enough time to practice LOL. Honestly, the reason I play tournaments is to provide me an opportunity to play/practice xD. A rough estimate of my level: I'm a 1400 USATT Rating (hope that isn't too bad compared to everyone else here haha). I watch TT videos of the pros, because I'm addicted to the sport (obviously hehe). I also enjoy watching because of the "stories" of the personalities of our beloved sport, much like how fans of Football enjoy talking about their favorite teams and quarterbacks, or any other sport. Videos also teach me some new techniques that the pros use; it actually helps! I'm also a semi-EJ (whatever that means LOL). I love reading and discussing equipment, although I don't own a lot haha. I'm actually happy with my set-up, but I still love to test new equipment, like any other amateur of any other sport.

I hope I will be able to contribute a lot to these forums, and I look forward to posting more here! :)

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hello guys!

I learned about this site from TTDaily's Youtube vids (those ads were effective, but kinda annoying though, I just wanted to get to the point and see the TT matches LOL). Thanks Dan for the spiffy site! :)

A little about myself: I live in Southern California in the US, and I've been playing serious TT for about two years now (I'm still a "kid" :p). I love the sport, but I honestly don't have enough time to practice LOL. Honestly, the reason I play tournaments is to provide me an opportunity to play/practice xD. A rough estimate of my level: I'm a 1400 USATT Rating (hope that isn't too bad compared to everyone else here haha). I watch TT videos of the pros, because I'm addicted to the sport (obviously hehe). I also enjoy watching because of the "stories" of the personalities of our beloved sport, much like how fans of Football enjoy talking about their favorite teams and quarterbacks, or any other sport. Videos also teach me some new techniques that the pros use; it actually helps! I'm also a semi-EJ (whatever that means LOL). I love reading and discussing equipment, although I don't own a lot haha. I'm actually happy with my set-up, but I still love to test new equipment, like any other amateur of any other sport.

I hope I will be able to contribute a lot to these forums, and I look forward to posting more here! :)

Hey! thanks for joining! im please you like the content and features here :).. i know sorry for all my advertising hehe, but atleast it got you here lol.. well speak sooon.

Dan

hi everyone iam philip from the Philippines, and i am 17 years old. i started playing table tennis when i was 7 years old. but i stop at the age of 8 because our table was borrowed for training purposes of my cousin.(how sad), And i played again when i am 11years old and become a Varsity. i play for university of perpetual help in the Philippines and planning to be a varsity again but my parents said i should study for my future. study now play later:D (how sad again).

i joined tabletennisdaily forum. because of dan.:) i am an avid fan of his channel at youtube.

thats all for now.. more power:)

Last edited:

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
hi everyone iam philip from the Philippines, and aim 17 years old. i started playing table tennis when i was 7 years old. but i stop at the age of 8 because our table was borrowed for training purposes of my cousin.(how sad), And i played again when i am 11years old and become a Varsity. i play for university of perpetual help in the Philippines and planning to be a varsity again but my parents said i should study for my future. study now play later:D (how sad again).

i joined tabletennisdaily forum. because of dan.:) i am an avid fan of his channel at youtube.

thats all for now.. more power:)

Hey Phillip!

Thanks for joining and the kind comments from you :), Yes studying is annoying as it effects TT!! lol.. What is varsity?

Look forward to speaking to you, you sound like a good player!

Hey Phillip!

Thanks for joining and the kind comments from you :), Yes studying is annoying as it effects TT!! lol.. What is varsity?

Look forward to speaking to you, you sound like a good player!

its an athlete who is representing a team for competitions:)

says http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fee_GZUUelw
says http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fee_GZUUelw
Nov 2010
hi i'm Anthony Deceuninck i'm 13 years old I play table tennis for almost 5 years
my best achievements were :
belgian champion preminimes
belgian champion minimes and double mixed
belgian champion cadet doubles
3rd place in double on ittf junior circuit
etc...

TIBHAR and clossetsports (www.clossetsports.be) are my sponsors
maybe somebody could know me as alex366s1 at youtube

so far i played in 3 clubs now i play in t.t.c. deinze
i play in 2nd division of belgium
i really love your videos tabletennisdaily thx for many nice uploads maybe you can check my account

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
hi i'm Anthony Deceuninck i'm 13 years old I play table tennis for almost 5 years
my best achievements were :
belgian champion preminimes
belgian champion minimes and double mixed
belgian champion cadet doubles
3rd place in double on ittf junior circuit
etc...

TIBHAR and clossetsports (www.clossetsports.be) are my sponsors
maybe somebody could know me as alex366s1 at youtube

so far i played in 3 clubs now i play in t.t.c. deinze
i play in 2nd division of belgium
i really love your videos tabletennisdaily thx for many nice uploads maybe you can check my account

Hey!

You sound like a up and coming professional dude :D

Fantastic acheivements already... thanks for joining the site, your feedback would be a credit to the players on here...

I will check out your account, speak to you soon Anthony

Dan

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
I`m Joseph. I have played 3 years, but before that i played 3 years tennis. In my country we have ligue just for kids and I have 3. ranking there. I`m from Estonia. My club is Nõmme SK. My best achievement is cadet boys winner in our ligue`s cup.