Is Rakza 7 grippy like Tenergy?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
R7 is neither as grippy, nor as spinny, as T05 at the elite level.

However, R7 is an easier rubber to control, and so many players (i.e. below the elite level) might be able to play spinnier shots with R7 than with T05 as they will feel more 'in control' of what they're doing, play more confident shots, and actually end up generating more spin than they would with T05.

For example, in the league that I play in, in Division 1 (which includes some high-ranked national players), the three players that have the 'spinniest' shots in the league play with R7, Joola Rhyzer 48, and Fastarc G1. We have a number of players that use T05, Dignics 05, or Dignics 09C - but they don't generate close to as much spin as those who use the aforementioned rubbers.

I am definitely no elite player, but I get a hell lot more spin out of T05 than Rakza 7. Do I win more games with it. No I don't. Do I think its more fun? Absolutely.
The short game is extremely challenging with T05...

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: FrenchFrog33
says Win by Spin!
says Win by Spin!
Aug 2022
Read 3 reviews
The spin usually depends on the technique. You can have the spinniest rubber and it is brand new and play against a less spinny uand used rubber. If you don't have proper technique, the used rubber can get even more spin than the new one. If you feel you have less spin, first check your technique.

Reactions: FrenchFrog33
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
This is BS

???? How does the player's level change the physical properties of the rubber?

BB, my further comments in the paragraph below the first sentence clearly explained what I meant by that statement.

You may, of course, disagree with what I said; variety of opinion is part of what makes forums like this useful. That said, it would be nice if you could express your disagreement with some courtesy (i.e. without responses like "this is BS.")

Moving on ...

Like you (at least, per your profile) I've also been using R7 as a BH rubber for a while, and I think it's really very good. For my style it doesn't feel right as a FH rubber, but very comfortable on the BH.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
I guess less spin from the rubber require more movement from the player and more movement require less precision. The better the player the more precision (touch). This means lower level players can play on strength/power and get a lot of spin from that. The higher level a player is, the more they can do out of little movement and this means they can do the necessary movement in a shorter timespan while maintaining control from the spin they generate. A higher level game has faster play while maintaining spin, which require quicker and more precise movement. A high level player can still generate a lot of spin with a rubber that does not have as much spin, it just requires a larger swing, right? So its a matter of preference, really. It simply feels more safe, similar to how a first person shooter game will be different when you play on different mouse sensitivity.

Last edited:
Reactions: H3R0
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
BB, my further comments in the paragraph below the first sentence clearly explained what I meant by that statement.

You may, of course, disagree with what I said; variety of opinion is part of what makes forums like this useful. That said, it would be nice if you could express your disagreement with some courtesy (i.e. without responses like "this is BS.")

Moving on ...

Like you (at least, per your profile) I've also been using R7 as a BH rubber for a while, and I think it's really very good. For my style it doesn't feel right as a FH rubber, but very comfortable on the BH.

I see no problem with your explanation

T05 is faster than R7, thus more difficult to control, thus without control, it would be less spin.
So you are not wrong to state R7 can have more spin for lower level player

me and you basically are saying the same thing (I just use tier, you use elite level), but he called you BS and didn't call me BS

Neither of us are talking BS, that is for sure.

and at the highest level, R7 is too weak to use. Not enough spin and speed. This is where T05 is better.
T05 is not for low lever players, R7 would be better suited. I agree

Om
This is BS

???? How does the player's level change the physical properties of the rubber?

This doesn't make sense either.

I have played with both T05 and Rakza 7. They aren't that much different.
What they are like day and night, You have just disqualified yourself from all credibility…

Last edited:
Reactions: Tony's Table Tennis