ITTF World Team Table Tennis Championships Finals Busan 2024

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Thank you turbozed

This article talks about how ITTF wants to have table-ball-racket fair for all players

I laugh so loud, because we all know who is the only country in the world who has benefits on all 3.
It is only China.

Table - they get tables made, i've heard, up to a year prior.
Balls, months prior

Then I wasn't there in person in Durban, but I was very involved still. I have very reliable personal sources on how CNT is unfair and this got to do with table and balls too.

and now people wants an even playing ground. It won't happen, so for who ever can beat China, even if it is tensors backhand's unfair anti - well unfair beating unfair, that is fair haha
well, i doubt tensor backhand can ever survive 1 day of indian national team training and i'm not talking pips or anti, i'm talking, living the same day as a professional, then to decide if it is the rubbers doing the work or not.

who ever can beat CNT is not an easy one by luck
Beating a fallen apart LSW is maybe very lucky, but to beat WCQ and FZD in 2022, when both are on high form did require a super performance. And we have seen two very high performance Koreans today.

CNT has been very spoiled from resources for the past few decades.
team contingents in the 60s, while TPE can't even get to half that?
TPE can only get 20mins of table 1 and 20 mins of table 2 time on 19 May 2023, but China can have 5 x 20 mins. How do you explain that? how about all the smaller countries that doesn't even see table 1 or table 2 time?
You sound like one of those guys who complain that test scores and GPAs are unfair because Asians spend so much time studying for them. China makes a lot more investment into TT than the rest of the world, and they have the results to show for it. Want to compete with China? Start investing more into TT.

Why do you think Taiwan is better at TT than America? Could it be because Taiwan invests more into it? Should I start complaining that TT is unfair for America because countries like Taiwan get government sponsored venues and beginner classes and travels for tournaments while we have to pay for everything ourselves here?

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
No eye see.

https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/fo...pionships-finals-busan-2024.32987/post-444518
FRA
WTTC 1997 - MT silver
WTTC 2024 - MT bronze at a minimum

Their odds of reaching the final here is above 50%. It will come down to Alexis. Gauzy has done his job well.

https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/topics/european-top-16-cup-2024.32758/post-442063
With this and WTT SCT Goa 2024, I'm starting to think Alexis should not play MS at Paris 2024...
https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/topics/wtt-star-contender-doha-2024.32659/post-438775

https://web.archive.org/web/2024012...6334565954&w=T5K3En8uct6W6HyYPS8aDDW0sWgTTUTT (09/16/2023 at 3:35pm)
The year 2023 will likely be seen as the point of divergence for A. Lebrun and F. Lebrun.

https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/fo...e-tennis-championships-2023.31893/post-424019

Last edited:
Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
You sound like one of those guys who complain that test scores and GPAs are unfair because Asians spend so much time studying for them. China makes a lot more investment into TT than the rest of the world, and they have the results to show for it. Want to compete with China? Start investing more into TT.

Why do you think Taiwan is better at TT than America? Could it be because Taiwan invests more into it? Should I start complaining that TT is unfair for America because countries like Taiwan get government sponsored venues and beginner classes and travels for tournaments while we have to pay for everything ourselves here?
This is an absurd argument. Clearly the Chinese invest a lot more money into their TT program than everybody. And they reap the benefit of that by having the very best players and the deepest lineup.

That doesn't mean that the playing field should be further tipped in their favor by allowing them to monopolize the tables at a competition.

Should rich people that donate more money to your local TT club be allowed to warm up before a tournament while poor players are not allowed to? Once a tournament starts the playing field has to be level. The tournament starts in the leadup to the actual play. There should be fairness at the point the teams arrive at an event regardless of deep pockets. It's a basic fairness issue.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
well, many people with money want to buy DF Durban 2023 balls,
well, sorry, you can't
I talked about this a year ago, should I repeat for you??

you talk like its only about money

Japan is rich in TT
does it get special treatments on "ball and table" as per my post that you are replying too?

You see, you not reading my comments correctly.
ITTF wants to make things fair, but they are the one making it unfair. If Japan can't even be on par with China, who can? Can NZL who self fund to get to Durban, but can't get match balls, can't find venue to train for coming early? no one in ITTF to answer them and Tony to make phone calls so they can train with Team RSA?
Its very sad state, but people need to live with unfairness

I found the schedule for 19 May 2023,
NZL got 20 mins on T3 and T4
While CHN Got 1hr on T1 and 40mins on T2

CHN also got 2.40h on Practice T1 to T6
NZL got 3h on practice T24

India got a 20min spot on T2
TPE, Korea, Sweden 20 min on T1 and T2

So tell me, did China buy the times on T1 and T2 and the rest of the tables? Or did CNT investment in the sport reward them with good karma, aka more time on tables, earlier time to train on tables, earlier time to receive thousands of training balls, while other players are likely to get 6 balls per player (3 days before WTTC starts)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
This is an absurd argument. Clearly the Chinese invest a lot more money into their TT program than everybody. And they reap the benefit of that by having the very best players and the deepest lineup.

That doesn't mean that the playing field should be further tipped in their favor by allowing them to monopolize the tables at a competition.

Should rich people that donate more money to your local TT club be allowed to warm up before a tournament while poor players are not allowed to? Once a tournament starts the playing field has to be level. The tournament starts in the leadup to the actual play. There should be fairness at the point the teams arrive at an event regardless of deep pockets. It's a basic fairness issue.
I 100% agree with you, but he's talking about stuff like CNT getting the table made a year in advance, the balls months prior, and a contingent of 60 people. Those are things other countries can do too if they're willing to pay the money for it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
well, many people with money want to buy DF Durban 2023 balls,
well, sorry, you can't
I talked about this a year ago, should I repeat for you??

you talk like its only about money

Japan is rich in TT
does it get special treatments on "ball and table" as per my post that you are replying too?

You see, you not reading my comments correctly.
ITTF wants to make things fair, but they are the one making it unfair. If Japan can't even be on par with China, who can? Can NZL who self fund to get to Durban, but can't get match balls, can't find venue to train for coming early? no one in ITTF to answer them and Tony to make phone calls so they can train with Team RSA?
Its very sad state, but people need to live with unfairness

I found the schedule for 19 May 2023,
NZL got 20 mins on T3 and T4
While CHN Got 1hr on T1 and 40mins on T2

CHN also got 2.40h on Practice T1 to T6
NZL got 3h on practice T24

India got a 20min spot on T2
TPE, Korea, Sweden 20 min on T1 and T2

So tell me, did China buy the times on T1 and T2 and the rest of the tables? Or did CNT investment in the sport reward them with good karma, aka more time on tables, earlier time to train on tables, earlier time to receive thousands of training balls, while other players are likely to get 6 balls per player (3 days before WTTC starts)
Why can't they buy the balls? Heck, I bet they can buy them from the CNT if they wanted to. Anything's for sale for the right price in China.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
I 100% agree with you, but he's talking about stuff like CNT getting the table made a year in advance, the balls months prior, and a contingent of 60 people. Those are things other countries can do too if they're willing to pay the money for it.
You don't agree that it's unfair for the CNT to have access to balls and tables to be used well before other countries?

Are you arguing that other teams have had access to pay for tables and balls but didn't want to spend the money?

I interpreted his comments to mean that, even if other countries want to start using tables and balls as early as the CNT, they do not even have access to them. I mean, do you really think countries like Japan and Germany can't afford balls?

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

thank you, if I have read your reply, I wouldnt need to waste time typing

however, the schedule is very interesting one
very unfair schedule

I can't remember who told me this, but in Durban, because they had so little time on T1/T2 and spent most of the time in the practice hall (as per with 90% of the people there), they really struggled with the lighting and reflection from the table.

I some times wonder, if you give CNT the same as the 90%, get 6 balls per player 3 days prior, spend most of the time on practice tables (first time 3 days prior, not 6 months prior or 12 month prior), would they still be perfect?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Why can't they buy the balls? Heck, I bet they can buy them from the CNT if they wanted to. Anything's for sale for the right price in China.
you asking me?
I thought you have all the answers, since you think money buys everything... it doesn't.

At least I spoke to the sales manager of DF and the members association also tried to speak to ITTF for 2 days.
end of the day, I got my local contacts to help the MA to get balls from the referee team.....

while TEAM RSA got 3 balls per player, the MA I helped got 6 balls per player
I'm talking world championships finals, players are having 3 balls, 6 balls...
Then CNT has having tables of multibal going on with match balls.

TPE didn't have much balls either, a small bag of balls for LYJ

its a joke

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
You don't agree that it's unfair for the CNT to have access to balls and tables to be used well before other countries?

Are you arguing that other teams have had access to pay for tables and balls but didn't want to spend the money?

I interpreted his comments to mean that, even if other countries want to start using tables and balls as early as the CNT, they do not even have access to them. I mean, do you really think countries like Japan and Germany can't afford balls?
Yes, I'm saying they're not trying hard enough. If the US can get Titanium from the Soviet Union during the cold war, they can get tables and balls. We all know professional sports is cutthroat, if players boost their rubbers to the edge, why wouldn't national associations pull similar dirty tricks? China gets a lot of advantage for bankrolling the WTT, no one can argue with just how many tournament these days are held in China and countries friendly to China for example. Start matching Chinese money and you'll even the playing field.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
you asking me?
I thought you have all the answers, since you think money buys everything... it doesn't.

At least I spoke to the sales manager of DF and the members association also tried to speak to ITTF for 2 days.
end of the day, I got my local contacts to help the MA to get balls from the referee team.....

its a joke
So you're saying that you, Tony's Table Tennis, was able to get balls, but Germany and Japan can't? They need to try harder.

Reactions: vivalavida320315
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
you asking me?

TPE didn't have much balls either, a small bag of balls for LYJ

its a joke
Let me ask you this question then, how did China gets the tables and balls? What is it that made them able to get them, but other countries can't?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Yes, I'm saying they're not trying hard enough. If the US can get Titanium from the Soviet Union during the cold war, they can get tables and balls. We all know professional sports is cutthroat, if players boost their rubbers to the edge, why wouldn't national associations pull similar dirty tricks? China gets a lot of advantage for bankrolling the WTT, no one can argue with just how many tournament these days are held in China and countries friendly to China for example. Start matching Chinese money and you'll get special treatments too.
This is a completely different argument though, and which realistically has more merit than your earlier argument.

China is bankrolling the sport of table tennis basically. The fact that we can watch so many WTT events streamed live, despite the small audience and the fact that it looks like a money sink is because China has a vested interest in success at their sport. Sports are deeply embedded in nationalism and politics, and why you had Russia and China using a lot of their resources to excel (edit: I meant to say cheat) in the Olympics (including using their security forces in some instances).

Of course, if China loses interest in TT, then the whole sport is going to lose out. And maybe there is some benefit in letting the already dominant China team have an even further advantage, to keep our rich benefactors happy and interested. This is a very cynical and valid way of thinking.

But we were just talking about fairness of it all earlier. If you just take away any considerations of the funding of TT by China, there really is no fairness argument for giving them preferential practice conditions. Flying in fans to support is fair imo and gives them an edge. That seems like a fair investment. Having tournament officials involved in making sure they are more prepared by allotting them coveted resources is not fair.