MAS
CRO
BYE
JPN

Reactions: Vlad Celler
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Harimoto says Ito giving her tactical advice gave her a peace of mind during her match against Bruna Takahashi.

Hirano had a funny dream the night after the group stage ended, in which her parents have decided her marriage partner and she was very troubled by that. She also touched on Bruna Alexandre for causing moments of danger during their match.

張本美和、伊藤美誠の助言に感謝「すごい心強かった」 相手エースからの白星で全勝突破に貢献…卓球世界選手権団体戦
https://hochi.news/articles/20240219-OHT1T51268.html?page=1
 第1戦以来の出場となった張本美が、相手エースを破った。早田からバトンを受け、2番手で世界ランク22位のブルーナ・タカハシと対戦。第1ゲームで7―10とされたが「相手がすごい思いきったプレーをしてきたり、少しラッキーボールもあった。自分は焦らず、このゲームを勝っても負けても1点1点、しっかり次のゲームに生かせるようにプレーすることができた」と落ち着いていた。

そこから5連続得点で挽回。第2、3ゲームは切れ味鋭い両ハンドドライブで制した。試合前に早田から「思い切って頑張って」と声をかけて送り出され、試合中はゲーム間などでこの日は出番がなかった伊藤美誠(スターツ)から助言を受けて戦った。15歳は「伊藤選手から戦術面だったりとかもアドバイスしてくださったので、すごい心強かった」と感謝していた。

平野美宇、決勝Tへ会場で調整 前夜は熟睡で状態上向き「夢を見て…親に結婚相手を決められて」…卓球世界選手権団体戦
https://hochi.news/articles/20240220-OHT1T51076.html?page=1
 パリ五輪代表で1次L4戦全勝で貢献した平野美宇(木下グループ)は、午前中から調整練習し、午後はトレーニングとリフレッシュに充てる。練習前に取材に応じ、「いつもよりは少しリラックスしているけど、明日から決勝Tがあるので、きょうはしっかり準備して、さらに気を引き締めていきたい」と柔和な表情で話した。4歳下の後輩・木原美悠(木下グループ)と焼き肉を食べる約束をしており「楽しみです」と笑みを浮かべた。

1次Lでは全4戦に出場。17日のイラン戦では2番手で出場し、世界ランク709位の異質ラバーを使うアシャタリの独特の球質や力のあるカウンターに苦戦。ゲームカウント0―2から大逆転で勝利を収めたが、ヒヤリとした。19日には21年東京パラ銀メダルの女子単(立位10)銀メダルのコスタアレシャンドレと対戦。右腕を失い、左手で握るラケットに球を乗せてトスを上げて打つコスタアレシャンドレのサーブを体感し「あまり対戦したことがない選手と、やることが多くて、その時に戦術をまとめるのが少し遅くなってしまって危ない試合もあった。でも勝ち切れたことは良かった」と、収穫と課題を口にした。

五輪代表権が決まった1月の全日本選手権からまとまった休みはなく、世界選手権団体戦に入った。今大会はここまで連日慣れない夜の8時開始。疲労も少なからずたまっている。それでも状態を「整えるのが選手の仕事」と睡眠などコート外の時間を意識し、体のコンディショニングに努めている。1次Lを終えたこの日は、ケアの後、睡眠を取ったことでぐっすり8時間ほど眠ることができた。「今日はちょっといい感じ」とうなずいた。さらに「夢を見まして、なんか…親(母)に結婚相手を決められて、めっちゃ困ってました」と苦笑いで明かした。

日本女子は1次Lを首位突破したことで、決勝Tは2回戦から臨む。2回戦で勝利すれば、パリ五輪の団体戦とシングルス2枠を獲得する8強入りが決まる。2回戦の相手は1次Lの全日程を終えたこの日夜に決まるが、「結果的に決勝戦で(中国に)当たったり、一人でも多く勝てたりすれば、一番いいなと思うけど、まずは明日の試合に集中することが一番」と、平野は足元を見つめていた。

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
What happened? somehow T2 is blocked in my country even with vpn lmao
Jishan Liang's bat failed inspection after his win in the 3rd match against Aidos. In theory, that match then goes to KAZ, meaning USA lose 3-1. But things are just....stopped at the moment,

Reactions: NextLevel
Jan 2018
Boll and Mizutani: Chinese cheat.
ITTF: Got it. We will be stricter with racket control.
Liang Jishan: WTF? I thought you meant Chinese, not Chinese American?!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Jishan Liang's bat failed inspection after his win in the 3rd match against Aidos. In theory, that match then goes to KAZ, meaning USA lose 3-1. But things are just....stopped at the moment,
I know they test before and after the match so what happened during the match to create this situation?

Last edited:
Reactions: Choosikick
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Re-posting the speech by Robert at ITTF AGM 2019 for future reference as the one over at MyTT is gone.

2019 ITTF AGM: 22 April
https://youtu.be/VU1kC5qz5sc?t=4596
I am from Uganada. This is East Africa. If you asked me, do I want my players to come to the World Championship[s], I will say it is 20% yes, and it is 80% no for now. Why? The 20% is because I want them to be exposed, maybe it is their dream to play in the World Table Tennis Championships, and that's just 20%, but like we have said, the most important thing for us is to be able to generate more revenue, and on that point, I don't want my players to come and play here, because they are not yet good enough, they are going to be beaten very badly, and then when I go and tell my government for more money to train my players, they are going to say no, you're not yet good enough, so that's a very big problem. If you cannot win down in your zones, in your continents, why do you want to go up? So there's a bit of an issue there that we have to look at.

Let me share a different side to this.

WTTC - all these countries have never taken part in the past 20 years and will never take part in the next 20 years.

WTTTC (old format), allowed for a lot of countries that can never take part in the WTTC to take part in the WTTTC.
In divisions of other countries that are closer to they own level, and they can fight for progress.

South Africa is way stronger than Uganda, the women's are no 5~6 in Africa.
In Chengdu and in Busan, they all made the WTTTC because of reserve sport kicking in.
Otherwise SA will never have the chance to visit WTTTC ever again.

Then men's and the women's used to be aiming for the ever 2 year WTTTC, as they have always taken part. But now, that aim is gone and reserve spots all come as a surprise. If reserve spot doesn't come any more, than SA is one of those countries that will likely never take part in the WTTC or WTTTC again.

You see, once it is off your calendar, so is the funding.
Now, how many countries are affected like SA. A lot and it isn't just a Africa problem.

Secondly, like we said in Halmstad, we need to build from down, going upwards. If I want interest of my countrymen in Uganda to watch television my players of table tennis playing, it needs to start from down because I have chances of winning, therefore everybody would tune in. If I tell them to tune in now up at the World Championship[s], it may be a little bit difficult, because I didn't build their love for the television from down. So I think we need to appreciate that it has to be a down-to-up approach. Thank you.
well, this applies to 95% of the countries on the ITTF member list.
Including many that are "doing well" at Busan.
So I think this is a total different issue.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
GGyjjrObwAA9aNI

China vs Japan quarter final matchup in the mens draw (assuming japan beats HK/Austria)