ITTF World Team Table Tennis Championships Finals Busan 2024

says ESN 42 hardness is my magic number
says ESN 42 hardness is my magic number
Mar 2021
T
just imagine, TPE making the finals from loosing to Japan.
just shows tensorbackhand, how good HT really is by taking 2 points against TPE.
I wonder which other player has taken 2 points against TPE

TPE now have 1 all star player and 1 former all star, and 1 future all star.
So if they can all peak, it will be difficult for France and maybe even China (recall CHN vs TPE Asian champ 2023)
Team TPE: Previously, currently showing & coming soon.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2018
JNT: Let's taunt CNT by putting Hayata as third singles and play WYD.

Actually not a bad choice now that I think about it...

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
With DHK having wins over Hirano and Ito, Watanabe (I'm still in charge here) didn't take any chances, but Harimoto is still young and inexperienced as the starting player. Hayata had a slow start as always. This is not gonna cut it in the final.

TeamPlayerWR(#)MWL+/-
JPNHina HAYATA577021/1
JPNMima ITO142206/2
JPNMiwa HARIMOTO1644012/2
JPNMiu HIRANO1877021/2
JPNMiyuu KIHARA241103/0

Reactions: Janard
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
just imagine, TPE making the finals from loosing to Japan.
just shows tensorbackhand, how good HT really is by taking 2 points against TPE.
I wonder which other player has taken 2 points against TPE

TPE now have 1 all star player and 1 former all star, and 1 future all star.
So if they can all peak, it will be difficult for France and maybe even China (recall CHN vs TPE Asian champ 2023)
Exactly. The same Harimoto some believe will never have a chance of beating WCQ beat the Taipei team that just decimated the German team.

Jan 2018

Not as unpopular as it may sound...

合理预测中日对决 (Reasonable prediction of the showdown between CHN and JPN)
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/8906234522
霸气拽爷: 反正我要是日本教练我就平野美和一二单 早田三单 因为我觉得哈从交手战绩还有交手情况来开 早田打一二单开壶的概率小于平野 至于美和大一二单没准还能遇上生题博一下 早田用来捉一下三单也是有希望的
2024-2-23 08:50回复
Anyway, if I were the Japanese coach, I would use Hirano and Miwa as 1st and 2nd singles, and Hayata as 3rd singles, because I think based on the match record and the match situation, the probability of opening the pot [TL's note: winning] with Hayata as 1st and 2nd singles is lower than that of Hirano. As for Miwa as 1st and 2nd singles, they might still be able to use the novelty factor and stand a chance. There is still hope using Hayata to catch the 3rd singles.

立帖为证,明天早田肯定打三单 (Starting this thread as proof, Hayata will definitely play 3rd singles tomorrow)
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/8907481402
La_mer 反正早田也打不过孙颖莎和陈梦,还不如赌一把让他她三单抓王艺迪,让另外两个拼一下说不定有惊喜 (Since Hayata can't beat Sun Yingsha and Chen Meng, so why not take a gamble and let her catch Wang Yidi in 3rd singles, and let the other two fight it out, maybe there will be a surprise)
IP属地:江苏来自Android客户端1楼2024-02-23 20:26回复

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
With DHK having wins over Hirano and Ito, Watanabe (I'm still in charge here) didn't take any chances, but Harimoto is still young and inexperienced as the starting player. Hayata had a slow start as always. This is not gonna cut it in the final.

TeamPlayerWR(#)MWL+/-
JPNHina HAYATA577021/1
JPNMima ITO142206/2
JPNMiwa HARIMOTO1644012/2
JPNMiu HIRANO1877021/2
JPNMiyuu KIHARA241103/0
Nothing is going to cut it in the final, we just watch it and enjoy it for what it is. Harimoto should get SYS, Hayata should get CM and Hirano WYD. The funny thing is that all the "stats" that make Japan look scarier will be used to hype up the match by the English commentators but the result if I was a betting man will still be to put my money (even $100) on a Chinese sweep. That's how dominant China is.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Exactly. The same Harimoto some believe will never have a chance of beating WCQ beat the Taipei team that just decimated the German team.
I'm not a Harimoto fan, but right now, he is still probably still the number 1 player that has the best chance of beating CNT players.
He is still so young.

No one is perfect, not even CNT (They also humans), and you just need your timing to be right and then Harimoto could do a Chengdu 2022 again.

Why I say, timing? because throughout the past 2 decades, there haven't been much timing. Feng Tienwei did it, and Singapore won.
Harimoto did it, but Japan lost

I'm hoping TPE gets to the final and TPE can do it, but timing is really not that easy.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Not as unpopular as it may sound...

合理预测中日对决 (Reasonable prediction of the showdown between CHN and JPN)
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/8906234522
霸气拽爷: 反正我要是日本教练我就平野美和一二单 早田三单 因为我觉得哈从交手战绩还有交手情况来开 早田打一二单开壶的概率小于平野 至于美和大一二单没准还能遇上生题博一下 早田用来捉一下三单也是有希望的
2024-2-23 08:50回复
Anyway, if I were the Japanese coach, I would use Hirano and Miwa as 1st and 2nd singles, and Hayata as 3rd singles, because I think based on the match record and the match situation, the probability of opening the pot [TL's note: winning] with Hayata as 1st and 2nd singles is lower than that of Hirano. As for Miwa as 1st and 2nd singles, they might still be able to use the novelty factor and stand a chance. There is still hope using Hayata to catch the 3rd singles.

立帖为证,明天早田肯定打三单 (Starting this thread as proof, Hayata will definitely play 3rd singles tomorrow)
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/8907481402
La_mer 反正早田也打不过孙颖莎和陈梦,还不如赌一把让他她三单抓王艺迪,让另外两个拼一下说不定有惊喜 (Since Hayata can't beat Sun Yingsha and Chen Meng, so why not take a gamble and let her catch Wang Yidi in 3rd singles, and let the other two fight it out, maybe there will be a surprise)
IP属地:江苏来自Android客户端1楼2024-02-23 20:26回复

China is just so difficult to beat
Hayata at 3... then what happens when Hayata comes in, and China is up 2-0?

I would say this Japanese team is better than FTW Singaporean team. But China (or LSW) fell apart.
Your would need this CNT to fell apart on the day too.

This Japanese team is maybe one of the stronger one to Challenge China's women in recent years.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019

This is probably the best chance for Japan to beat China now that Ma Lin is drunk on soju.

SYS x Miwa
CM x Hirano
WYD x Hayata

They just need to win one match out of the 3 above to bring it to the 4th where Hirano can face SYS whom she beat in their last encounter.

They have no chance if WMY plays.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
This is probably the best chance for Japan to beat China now that Ma Lin is drunk on soju.

SYS x Miwa
CM x Hirano
WYD x Hayata

They just need to win one match out of the 3 above to bring it to the 4th where Hirano can face SYS whom she beat in their last encounter.

Say 1 match is won
and then Hirano beats SYS

so comes down to CM vs Miwa

its just so difficult

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
How much money would you place on Japan winning this matchup you have just shown?

SYS x Miwa
CM x Hirano
WYD x Hayata

I suspect this won't age well. Harimoto is amazingly still improving. Wang is at his peak
Mark my words, never.
Not because he is not good but Harimoto has his limits and they will never become so good that he can overcome Wang especially since Wang is also a left-handed player.

Life has taught me that there are no certainties, and certainly not in table tennis.😀

I'm not a Harimoto fan, but right now, he is still probably still the number 1 player that has the best chance of beating CNT players.
He is still so young.

No one is perfect, not even CNT (They also humans), and you just need your timing to be right and then Harimoto could do a Chengdu 2022 again.

Why I say, timing? because throughout the past 2 decades, there haven't been much timing. Feng Tienwei did it, and Singapore won.
Harimoto did it, but Japan lost

I'm hoping TPE gets to the final and TPE can do it, but timing is really not that easy.
I think rather Lin Yun-Ju has these capabilities than Harimoto to be honest.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020

I'm not TH's fan either, but I must say I'm glad he improved after he reached certain plateau, and we started thinking about decline. He went back to basics, worked hard, didn't give a shit, worked hard again, didn't give up, and it pays off. And that is what I like. It brings joy.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I'm not TH's fan either, but I must say I'm glad he improved after he reached certain plateau, and we started thinking about decline. He went back to basics, worked hard, didn't give a shit, worked hard again, didn't give up, and it pays off. And that is what I like. It brings joy.
I guess that is the biggest reason why I root for him - he is clearly working insanely hard on making himself better after all this years, no one knows whether it is too late (to be honest Metaxa may be right), but if it is too late for him, it is clearly too late for me lol. And I don't mean table tennis either.