Joola customer support - Joola Dynaryz ZGX

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Does that mean balance sponge will generally have a stronger booster reaction than hyper sponge?
I’m not really much of an expert on boosting, I tried it right in the very beginning in 2011 for a few rackets but since then I have just stuck to water glue alone.

says Looking for the BH killer shot
Sep 2015
Read 8 reviews
I'm totally confused with ZGR - ZGX Line of rubbers.

I played Rhyzen ZGR which is now going to be Tronix ZGR (and yes, they really play identically), the price dropped (in contrast to the competition) so I'm happy.
From the sales and marketing team in Germany and the comments here, I was under the assumption that all ZGX would be a softer sponge, so I ordered Rhyzen ZGX. But Rhyzen ZGX is basically a relabeled Rhyzen ZGR. Same sponge, same hardness, which is confusing to me. Why do we have 2 rubbers with same characteristic under 2 names, with just differently colored sponges in the portfolio? Why is ZGX in the Dynaryz series with softer sponge, but not in the Rhyzen series? This makes no sense to me...

Sep 2015
Read 8 reviews
So Tronix ZGR and Rhyzen ZGX are basically the same?
Yes. I have them on the same blade and there is no difference in how they play. I would even bet, that if I cut a Rhyzen ZGR and ZGX so that you can not read the labels anymore, you would not be able to tell which is which. They are identical. And since Tronix ZGR is just a Rhyzen ZGR with cream coloured sponge, instead of the pink sponge of the Rhyzen series all three are identical to me.

TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Here is a really brief outline:

CMD - Command - higher control ratio softer sponge (42.5)
ACC - Accuracy - spin focused, medium sponge (47.5)
AGR - Aggressive - more direct power (50)
ZGX - lighter hybrid rubbers (a lighter version of ZGR) 52.5-55
ZGR - Hybrid with grippy topsheet and firmer sponge (55-57)

The ZGR was intended to be Zhong Guo Ren because it was more of a chinese style hybrid. ZG(X) was basically intended to be a 'lite' version of ZGR.

This is the area i'm going to be building more content and comparisons around so that it is easier for people to find information and not be confused as much.

Reactions: hclnnkhg
TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Yes. I have them on the same blade and there is no difference in how they play. I would even bet, that if I cut a Rhyzen ZGR and ZGX so that you can not read the labels anymore, you would not be able to tell which is which. They are identical. And since Tronix ZGR is just a Rhyzen ZGR with cream coloured sponge, instead of the pink sponge of the Rhyzen series all three are identical to me.
Rhyzen ZGX is not identical, while the specs on the rubber and technologies are the same or very close, the materials are at a slightly lower price point and level than Tronix ZGR.

There are elements of the topsheet and sponge that the rubber manufacturer does not disclose so even we don't have all of the exact information.

Rhyzen ZGR is discontinued so current stocks being sold are just remaining inventory. The good news is, if they feel totally the same for you then you can just buy Rhyzen ZGX at a lower price :D

Reactions: vossi39
says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
Jan 2023
Rhyzen ZGX is not identical, while the specs on the rubber and technologies are the same or very close, the materials are at a slightly lower price point and level than Tronix ZGR.

There are elements of the topsheet and sponge that the rubber manufacturer does not disclose so even we don't have all of the exact information.

Rhyzen ZGR is discontinued so current stocks being sold are just remaining inventory. The good news is, if they feel totally the same for you then you can just buy Rhyzen ZGX at a lower price :D
I thought Rhyzen is being replaced by Tronix, what's the point of releasing Rhyzen ZGX then, why not just go right to Tronix ZGX? Also, is Rhyzen fire and ice discontinued?

There should be a weight difference between the two also, I was told that Rhyzen ZGX should be lighter.
Hi Matt

I have played with the Inferno for a while nok and I simpelt love it. Will there be an upgraded backhand rubber too? AGR -> Inferno. ACC -> ? :)

Regards
Bave

TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
I thought Rhyzen is being replaced by Tronix, what's the point of releasing Rhyzen ZGX then, why not just go right to Tronix ZGX? Also, is Rhyzen fire and ice discontinued?
Because Tronix ZGX or AGR if they are developed will probably fall in line with the current ACC and CMD with the giga cell sponge. My speculation/prediction (and preference 🫣🤣)

TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Hi Matt

I have played with the Inferno for a while nok and I simpelt love it. Will there be an upgraded backhand rubber too? AGR -> Inferno. ACC -> ? :)

Regards
Bave
This is a good question, at this stage not sure. We released a lot of new rubbers this year so we are slowing and taking a step back to think more about where we could fill demand gaps, what players like or want, and what makes sense to develop along with timelines.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
This is a good question, at this stage not sure. We released a lot of new rubbers this year so we are slowing and taking a step back to think more about where we could fill demand gaps, what players like or want, and what makes sense to develop along with timelines.
I feel like Joola mostly has the product portfolio filled out. You got the hard+ hybrid with ZGR, the Hard- hybrid with ZGX. You got the tensor type rubbers with varying hardness degrees.

Maybe the things that you don't have are:
1) A hard tacky rubber that is designed for maximum reaction to booster.
2) softer backhand hybrid rubbers similar to Tibhar MK or Andro C48
3) Japanese-made tension rubber, ALA Nittaku Z2

says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014
Not seen in the 2023 Catalogue and not available in their online shop. So maybe a discontinued product.
In their current line up, there is no 45* Sponge. So the closest would be Tronix ACC or Rhyzen Fire, which are harder. Or the CMD rubbers, which are softer.
I'm not sure how they stack up to each other but I'm pretty sure Joola still makes Rhyzer Pro 45

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2023
Not seen in the 2023 Catalogue and not available in their online shop. So maybe a discontinued product.
In their current line up, there is no 45* Sponge. So the closest would be Tronix ACC or Rhyzen Fire, which are harder. Or the CMD rubbers, which are softer.
Oh..wasn't given that option. Tho I do not like the durability and play of rhyzen fire - or maybe because I used it on BH

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2023
Both Rhyzm-P and Rhyzer 45 Pro are discontinued. Tronix ACC is definitely the closest in my opinion, it's 47.5 but it feels softer.

Personally I liked the Rhyzer Pro series, especially 50.
So Tronix ACC then. Will try and find this locally, just to try - as I wasn't given this option previously

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
@Matt Hetherington

I have a question about the hardness of hyperbounce sponge vs balance sponge.

I have sheets of Dynaryz and Rhyzen.

I found that Rhyzen ZGR sponge is much much harder than Dynaryz ZGR, even though both are rated 55d.

I found that Rhyzen ZGX sponge is much much harder than Dynaryz ZGX, even though both are rated 53d.

Is this some mistake? Or is that just how products are meant to be understood.

Like a 50d balance sponge is the same hardness as a 55d hyperbounce sponge? This just doesn't make sense to me