JTTA: Selection System to be Revamped for Paris 2024

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
仆街,日本傳媒都係一撚樣,報喜不報憂。Not a single one reports that Hayata said she was restless...

パリ五輪代表選出・早田ひな「エースとして役割を全うしたい」中国を倒して金メダルへ決意…16日開幕・世界選手権団体戦
https://hochi.news/articles/20240208-OHT1T51093.html?page=1
 卓球の世界選手権団体戦(16日開幕、韓国・釜山)の記者会見が8日、都内で開かれ、男女の日本代表各5人が出席。前回まで3大会連続銀メダルの日本女子のエース・早田ひな(日本生命)は「世界選手権団体戦は3回目の出場です。気づけば最年長になっていました。(今回は)最年長、エースとして自分の役割を全うできるように頑張りたい」と、強豪・中国を乗り越えての頂点を目標に掲げた。

2年間の選考レースが終了し、パリ五輪代表が5日に発表。早田は同じ23歳の平野美宇、15歳の張本美和(ともに木下グループ)とともに五輪代表に選出。今大会は21年東京五輪金メダルの伊藤美誠(スターツ)、木原美悠(木下グループ)と5人で挑み、準々決勝に進めば、五輪の出場枠を獲得する。渡辺武弘監督は「まずはベスト8に入り、確実に五輪の出場枠を獲得し、勢いを持って中国に挑みたい。金メダルを目指して頑張ります」と決意した。

また、今大会はテレビ東京系列で連日放送される予定。早田は「“逆転の早田”と言われていたり…早田、負けそうだなと思って3―10になっても、テレビを消さずに最後まで応援してくださったらうれしいです」とちゃめっ気たっぷりに呼びかけた。平野は「前は速いプレーといわれていたけど、最近は中身のある大人のプレーを見せたいです」と“進化”をアピールしていた。

【卓球】早田ひな、リーダーの自覚「まとめるのは好き」世界選手権団体戦
https://www.nikkansports.com/sports/news/202402080000471.html
団体戦は小学生時代から組まれる事も多く、「やっぱ好きだなっていうのは、今もTリーグとか出てても思いますよね。でも、団体戦は1人じゃなくて、選手全員で戦うような感じなので、1人でも気持ちが違う方に向いてるとうまくいかないですし、そういった部分はすごく大事になってくるかな。選手5人で勝利を勝ち取りにいけるように」と見定めた。

初代表組では15歳の張本美和(木下グループ)が選出された。パリ五輪でもともに日の丸を背負う。「15歳という感覚では、もうあんまり見てない。いい意味で、そういう感じで見てないので、5人で戦う選手の1人として常に接していきたいなと思ってます」「一番上の年齢の選手にも対等に接することができるような、そういうチームの雰囲気作りは、逆に私たちの仕事かな」と見据えた。

says ESN 42 hardness is my magic number
Mar 2021
  • Sad
Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
Jan 2018
Another interesting thing is that there are no captains for either men or women this time. Tasei says every member is an ace and Watanabe says everyone is a captain. Ishikawa was so lucky back at WTTC 2018.

Miwa's sightline and Ito's expression are so hilarious as Watanabe answers Sports Hochi's question on who the captains are...
https://youtu.be/HwMTgEb_4jI?t=638

https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/fo...-be-revamped-for-paris-2024.24977/post-442345
Hence, whoever the top 3 maybe won't matter at that point.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019

Ito's new goal is to participate in lots of international competitions, play matches against CNT, and become world no.1, something that "no other Japanese player has done before".

Ito: I was able to give my best in Tokyo thanks to Hayata's support. But I don't think I'm keen on being a reserve member. I don't think I will go.

Last edited:
Mar 2021

Ito's new goal is to participate in lots of international competitions, play matches against CNT, and become world no.1, something that "no other Japanese player has done before".

Ito: I was able to give my best in Tokyo thanks to Hayata's support. But I don't think I'm keen on being a reserve member. I don't think I will go.
If Ito won't go can Nagasaki go? I want the two Miyuus WD.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
If Ito won't go can Nagasaki go? I want the two Miyuus WD.
There is no WD. For the World Teams TT championship it's already set: Hayata, Ito, Miwa, Hirano, and Kihara. For the Olympics: Hayata and Hirano in Singles, Miwa as the 3rd team player. The P Card is an additional player in case of injury. This player has not been selected yet, but Ito and Kihara are the likely choices.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Reactions: KiwiPong
Jan 2018

Man, she had to say it. How many partners has Ito marooned in this Olympic cycle? Morizono, Uda, and Hayata? Gold medalist my butt. An absolute degenerate.

Another chance for Mizutani to demonstrate his PR skills. He is like Blinken now. LOL

https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/b1d25b69b3d95b13e4eec02975c752a41ab2822e/comments
https://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2024/02/08/kiji/20240208s00026000159000c.html
水谷隼 4時間前

元プロ卓球選手/東京オリンピック混合ダブルス金メダリスト
報告

補足リザーブに選ばれた選手には大きな役割が2つあります。選手が体調不良や怪我などで試合に出場できなくなった場合、変わりに試合に出場すること。
そのため4番手の選手が選ばれることが多いです。
2つ目は選手達の練習パートナーを務めたり、ボール拾いなど、選手達のサポートをすることです。
オリンピックは人数制限がとても厳しく
、リザーブの選手と男女兼用の練習パートナー1人ぐらいしか会場に入ることができません。
バック面に異質のラバーを使う伊藤選手は練習パートナーとしては不向きな戦型です。
また怪我が少ない卓球競技において、リザーブの選手が試合に出場するということは限りなく0に近いです。
以上のことから伊藤選手はリザーブに選ばれても辞退する可能性を示したものと思われます。
ujo******** 6時間前

前回の五輪で悔しさと複雑な心境もあっただろうけど献身的に縁の下の力持ちとしてチームを支えてくれた平野美宇の器のでかさ
そこから反骨精神で今回の五輪の代表を勝ち取る精神力の強さ
平野美宇のすごさが分かった気がする
ujo******** 6 hours ago (Note: This comment has 11k fellow feelings)

Hirano Miu must have had some regrets and mixed feelings about the last Olympics, but she supported the team with dedication as an unsung hero.
The strength of spirit that allowed her to win the spot in this Olympic Games with her rebellious spirit (TL's note: honestly, 反骨精神 fits Ito to a T).
I feel like I understand how amazing Hirano Miu is.

Last edited:
Jan 2018
what does P card mean?
P card is more commonly used in Chinese media and by the CNT, referring to the P accreditation.

https://library.olympics.com/Defaul...ler.ashx?documentId=159670&skipWatermark=true
Definition and function of Accreditation
In accordance with Rule 53 of the 2007 Olympic Charter, the Olympic
Identity and Accreditation Card (OIAC) confers on its holder the right to
perform his/her function at an Olympic Games. This card, produced and
issued by LOCOG, performs two functions. It:
– establishes the identity of its holder; and
– constitutes a document, accompanied by a valid passport, authorising
multiple entries, into the UK between 30 March 2012 and 8 November
2012 for a maximum period of six months from the first entry.
The OIAC allows access to Olympic Games venues. Prior to validation,
the OIAC is referred to as a Pre-Valid Card. Once the Pre-Valid Card has
been validated, it becomes the official OIAC for the bearer throughout the
London 2012 Olympic Games period. Pre-Valid Cards can be validated up
until, and including, the day of the Closing Ceremony on 12 August 2012.

P Accreditation
The IOC allows access to specific venues for alternate athletes, personal
coaches and training partners for the Olympic Games using ‘P’ accreditation
allocated to each NOC according to the P accreditation quotas in section 8.2.3
of the IOC Accreditation and Entries at the Olympic Games Users’ Guide.
Alternate athletes will have access to their single discipline competition and
training venues and will also have access to the Olympic Villages and Athlete
Transport System (T-A) but are not counted in the NOC bed allocation in the
Olympic Villages.
Personal coaches and training partners will have access to their own
discipline training venues only. They will not have access to the Olympic
Villages or the Athlete Transport System (T-A)

Jan 2018
TV Tokyo has gotten it right all this time...

https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/fo...-be-revamped-for-paris-2024.24977/post-441039
hv51Xow.jpg

nqCnd1g.jpg

pYPDv0w.jpg

Jan 2018
Daily Shincho has more on Matsuzaki Daisuke, Ito's former coach. He's also been marooned by Ito. It turns out he served as the director of Ito's management company represented by Ito's mom and resigned on 2023/11/30.

コーチ不在が原因? なぜ伊藤美誠は五輪を逃したのか…恩師は「弱点を研究され、見るのが忍びないくらい」
https://www.dailyshincho.jp/article/2024/02081057/
 開催まで半年に迫るパリ五輪。前々回リオと前回東京の両五輪で金を含むメダル四つを獲得、卓球女子初のシングルメダリストの偉業を成し遂げた伊藤美誠(23)が、まさかの代表落ちである。背景にコーチ不在を指摘する声もあるが、その実態を探ってみたところ……。

〈美誠号泣…傷だらけの終戦〉(スポーツニッポン)、〈力尽き涙に暮れ〉(日刊スポーツ)など、1月27日、スポーツ紙は伊藤の代表落ちをこぞって報じた。

その前日、彼女はパリ五輪代表選出の行方を左右する全日本卓球選手権に出場。女子シングルス6回戦で敗退し、個人としての代表入りが消滅。その後、彼女は人目をはばからず号泣したのであった。

実は卓球界では皆が首をかしげる異様な光景が目撃されていた。

「コーチ不在で負けたとは思えませんが…」

試合の合間や休憩時間などに選手はコーチから作戦を伝授されるが、彼女はひとりぼっちで水を飲むだけ。傍らにつくベンチコーチの不在が常態化していたのだ。

卓球コラムニストの伊藤条太氏によれば、

「選手と共に試合会場に入るのがベンチコーチで、試合の合間に助言する以外に、普段の練習での指導も行います。大きな試合でベンチコーチをつけていないのは、トップ選手では極めて珍しい。もともと彼女は自分がやりたいようにやる独立心の強い選手。東京五輪で結果を出し、再スタートを切るのに時間がかかったのと腰痛などのけがで苦しんでいた。私にはコーチ不在が原因で負けたとは思えませんが……」

確かに伊藤は、約1年前から“卓球を始めた頃の野生の本能を取り戻したい”と話し、コーチをつけず勝負に挑むと宣言してはいた。

すべてを知る男

だが、外されたコーチは伊藤のすべてを知る男と言っても過言ではない。

その人物とは、彼女が小学生の頃からの練習相手で、中学生から正式にコーチとなった松崎太佑氏。伊藤の母が代表を務める伊藤のマネジメント事務所でも、彼は取締役として名を連ねるほどで、全幅の信頼を得ていたことがよくわかる。

ところが、である。同社の登記簿をみれば松崎氏は、昨年11月30日付で取締役を退任。「伊藤美誠担当コーチ」として登録されていた日本代表強化スタッフリストからも、昨年前期以降は消えたのである。

「そんな美誠を見るのが忍びないくらいだった…」

伊藤が練習拠点としていた関西卓球アカデミーで当時、ヘッドコーチを務めていた大内征夫氏は、

「松崎コーチは、対戦相手の戦績や弱点を細かく記録して分析する能力に長けていた。ベンチに入らなくなった後も、彼は美誠が関西アカデミーに来た際はアドバイスしていたよ。彼女との縁が切れたわけでもないと思う。ただ、東京五輪後は、他の選手が美誠の弱点を徹底的に研究し、攻められる場面が目立っていた。彼女はフォアに来た球をスマッシュして得点にする。これを自慢の“ハエたたき”と呼ぶが、フットワークが落ちテンポも合わず、彼女を怖がる相手がいなくなった。私自身、そんな美誠を見るのが忍びないくらいだったよ……」

団体戦のメンバー入りも逃して意気消沈の彼女には、今こそ“糟糠のコーチ”の助言が必要に違いない。

「週刊新潮」2024年2月8日号 掲載

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
Daily Shincho has more on Matsuzaki Daisuke, Ito's former coach. He's also been marooned by Ito. It turns out he served as the director of Ito's management company represented by Ito's mom and resigned on 2023/11/30.

コーチ不在が原因? なぜ伊藤美誠は五輪を逃したのか…恩師は「弱点を研究され、見るのが忍びないくらい」
https://www.dailyshincho.jp/article/2024/02081057/
Sounds like some bad blood happened hence the no coach on the bench decision. I wonder how much of Ito’s mother bares responsibility of her triumph and now decline….

Jan 2018
Ito is making everyone's job difficult with all these petty comments, creating unnecessary friction within the team.

When everyone is dead focused on WTTC 2024, she chooses to deviate (shopping and eating in Busan) and openly talk about her "greater goal" for the future, which is nothing but a detraction. It pains me that some folks over at Tieba still admire her "generous" comment about how she "approves" Harimoto for Paris 2024. That's exactly what a holier-than-thou loser resting on her laurels would say. This very episode of Ito's career makes me appreciate how CNT has been doing it right when the coaches and players keep saying that everything is zeroed out after the Olympics and everyone starts on the same starting line. Their gold medalists pretty much never tell the general public themselves how great they are because that's not what true winners do. CM is the greatest counterexample [1, 2, 3].

I'm starting to see why Harimoto has not played XD with Ito to this day.

Zennihon Takkyu 2018 and Buenos Aires 2018 - Harimoto/Hirano
Zennihon Takkyu 2019 and 2020 - Harimoto/Nagasaki
Various ITTF World Tour 2019, WTTC 2021 and 2023, Zennihon Takkyu 2022 and 2023 - Harimoto/Hayata
WTT CT Tunis 2022 - Harimoto/Harimoto

藤姐大气祝福美和,并立下未来新目标:世界第一 (Sister Ito generously blesses Miwa and sets a new goal for the future: No. 1 in the world)
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/8891584931
巴拉巴拉小猪 藤子还是放不下,故意说的让人感觉奥运会我不稀罕,我要拿的永远比你们先一步,藤子啊,就是嘴硬 (Ito-chan still can't let it go. She deliberately said it to make people feel that she doesn't care about the Olympics. I will always be one step ahead of you in what I want to achieve. Sigh, Ito-chan is just tough-talking)
IP属地:辽宁来自iPhone客户端4楼2024-02-09 07:05
汗耗鸟: 如果觉得自己成绩够了可以光荣退役,那时候自然会总结她的丰功伟绩,但既然决定继续参与巴黎周期的竞争,就应该接受竞争失败的事实,没必要拿之前荣誉填这个周期的坑 (If she feels that she has achieved enough then she can retire honorably. After that, people will naturally summarize her great achievements. But since she has decided to continue to participate in the competition in the Paris cycle, she should accept the fact that she has failed. There is no need to fill the pit of this cycle with previous honors)
2024-2-9 15:00回复

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019

Looks like Ito has already gone shopping. Hayata confirms that Ito was not present during the previous day's training and that the five of them only came together on the press conference day itself.

Where to start with Ito... She proudly admits that she hasn't been training since all Japan, says that she's gotten better but is still feeling a bit of pain, hints that there was tension within the team but that things have become "more peaceful" since the Paris race ended. And she refers to Miwa as the 'new member' once again. At the group press conference she boldly stated that she's the one on the team with the most WTTC team experience and compared that to Miwa's debut.

It's so bad but I can't look away.

Last edited:
Jan 2018
It's good but at the same time amusing that Hayata is not taking light of Grandma Ni, saying JPN will face LUX in the 1st round of group.

I wouldn't be surprised if Watanabe will bench Ito throughout the championships. A 5th wheel, if you will.

On second thought, it wouldn't be a bad idea to make Ito "end up in a highlight" as opposed to "ending on a high note" by benching her until the SF and then field her for 2 singles in the F against China so she gets humiliated for her last WTTC, but at the expense of Hayata, Hirano and Harimoto.

I'm starting to lose count here but she mentions again how she went to the Fukushima event as an Olympic gold medalist.

Last edited:
Jan 2018
Despite all that, Miyazaki and Watanabe still speak favorably of Ito.

【卓球】いざ次なる目標へ 伊藤美誠の〝完全復活〟に協会幹部が期待「それだけの力を持っている」
https://www.tokyo-sports.co.jp/articles/-/291677