Looking for Cheap Forehand Rubbers (Tacky) that doesnt need booster

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
Thanks, I imagine it is far closer to unboosted H3 than to LAC. did it have a strong reaction to booster? Once it's boosted, is it faster than LAC?

See the reason I never got N80 is that it seemed pretty much the same as Rxton 5. So I figure if I have to boost it anyway, might as well just get 2 sheets of Rxton 5.
I don't quite remember how it reacted with booster, but it's going out of production now and is replaced with Rxton V Pro. I think it's quite different compared to Rxton V. Rxton V is quite much harder.

Reactions: mattlamperouge
Hello! Im currently using a Hurricane 3 National Orange Sponge (boosted) but im trying to look for alternatives right now as it is somewhat a hastle to boost from time to time and it is costly especially that I do train a lot. I’ve been digging thru reviews and 729 Bloom Power does seem convincing. What are your thoughts guys please do suggest rubbers 🙏
bloom power
battle 2
big dipper
jupiter 3

Reactions: riemsesy
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
I don't quite remember how it reacted with booster, but it's going out of production now and is replaced with Rxton V Pro. I think it's quite different compared to Rxton V. Rxton V is quite much harder.
I dont know if N80 Is replaced by Rxton 5 pro...
i felt that Rxton 5 pro sponge Is Made for boosting...topsheet Is really tacky & seems of great quality but out of the package felt too hard, couldnt even serve well despite brushing really thin. After 2 layers of Seamoon sponge activated & it plays really well. It takes Booster well, domed nicely.
Without boosting R3 pro seems like better value/performance.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
I dont know if N80 Is replaced by Rxton 5 pro...
i felt that Rxton 5 pro sponge Is Made for boosting...topsheet Is really tacky & seems of great quality but out of the package felt too hard, couldnt even serve well despite brushing really thin. After 2 layers of Seamoon sponge activated & it plays really well. It takes Booster well, domed nicely.
Without boosting R3 pro seems like better value/performance.
Yeah. I got this from my Loki contact, and Rxton 3 Pro is replacing the GTX. But both come in black color only.

I haven't tried any of them yet, but it's good to know that it's not just a name change then :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022

Yeah. I got this from my Loki contact, and Rxton 3 Pro is replacing the GTX. But both come in black color only.

I haven't tried any of them yet, but it's good to know that it's not just a name change then :)
How can Rxton 5 Pro replace the N80 if they are not the same rubber?

However, the main reason I never bought the N80 was because I thought I could just get Rxton 5, which seemed "close enough"

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022

Both N80 and Rxton 5 Pro use the same 1H-2T process and Loxa 1 sponge. So I just wonder if they are not actually the same rubber.

Having read the description, i think "2T" just means 2 light layers of booster on the sponge. The process mentions that the "2T" tension technology is applied to the sponge side only.

There is also a "1H" hyper technology that is applied to both sponge and topsheet side. Not sure what this technology looks like. Maybe somebody familiar with rubber production can shed some light?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023

Thats interesting, mine didnt mentioned that exactly, but the new catalog doesnt have GTX or N80, Its true that R3pro has similar properties to GTX.
Did they mentioned anything about Rxton IX SPEED? I want to know what they meant for "Special focus Speed type" in the sponge Hardness.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Thats interesting, mine didnt mentioned that exactly, but the new catalog doesnt have GTX or N80, Its true that R3pro has similar properties to GTX.
Did they mentioned anything about Rxton IX SPEED? I want to know what they meant for "Special focus Speed type" in the sponge Hardness.
Can you upload the new catalog?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
How can Rxton 5 Pro replace the N80 if they are not the same rubber?

However, the main reason I never bought the N80 was because I thought I could just get Rxton 5, which seemed "close enough"
I guess they just stop making N80 and come with a new rubber instead. I don't think N80 and R5 is really similar.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
No nothing about that one. I got the R9 in both 39 and 40.5deg, but don't know if they are called regular and speed...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
Thats ok, i ordered some national 39° & Rxton IX SPEED (just one hardness that Says that "Special focus Speed type" no numbers) when i have them i can compare them.
Ok. Yes now I see there are two different R9 rubbers. Have to check on this later on :)
1708727163776.png

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
Reactions: mocker88
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
All H3 are no longer tacky. Even less tacky than my D09C.
Less tacky than D09C?? then the new H3 ain't a tacky Chinese Tacky rubber any more :cry:
Does it have slight tackiness similar to the barely tacky K3 ??

I wonder what this change has been driven by ??
CNT players using D09C for BH, trying it on FH and liking it, saying D09C is better than H3 but unable to use it for FH because of the DHS sponsorship deal with CNT??
In fact, it would be a nice to know if the CNT players H3 is still as tacky as the old H3 or whether its always been less tacky and now DHS have just bought out the less tacky version to match what the pros use!!!!

Do you or anyone know how tacky Xupermans new rubber is??

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Less tacky than D09C?? then the new H3 ain't a tacky Chinese Tacky rubber any more :cry:
Does it have slight tackiness similar to the barely tacky K3 ??

I wonder what this change has been driven by ??
CNT players using D09C for BH, trying it on FH and liking it, saying D09C is better than H3 but unable to use it for FH because of the DHS sponsorship deal with CNT??
In fact, it would be a nice to know if the CNT players H3 is still as tacky as the old H3 or whether its always been less tacky and now DHS have just bought out the less tacky version to match what the pros use!!!!

Do you or anyone know how tacky Xupermans new rubber is??

I've played with my friend's K3 for 5min, so I can't judge. The only rubbers I can compare to:
  • Gewo Codex 54
  • D09C
  • Victas TDE
  • 729 Bloom

H3 is equal to Codex 54, which is less than D09C which is less than 729 Bloom which is less than TDE

Reactions: IB66
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
I've played with my friend's K3 for 5min, so I can't judge. The only rubbers I can compare to:
  • Gewo Codex 54
  • D09C
  • Victas TDE
  • 729 Bloom

H3 is equal to Codex 54, which is less than D09C which is less than 729 Bloom which is less than TDE
K3 is really barely tacky, so must be similar on tackiness to Codex 54, so H3 is now virtually non tacky!! such a shame.
DHS should have just brought out a new non tacky rubber - oh they did - H9 which was slated for being less tacky!! Mind you the sheet of Blue H9 I have has more tackiness than D09C.

Reactions: ShoutGuy