Looking for Cheap Forehand Rubbers (Tacky) that doesnt need booster

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
I've played with my friend's K3 for 5min, so I can't judge. The only rubbers I can compare to:
  • Gewo Codex 54
  • D09C
  • Victas TDE
  • 729 Bloom

H3 is equal to Codex 54, which is less than D09C which is less than 729 Bloom which is less than TDE

729 Bloom Power or 729 Bloom Spin ?

Thank you sir.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I guess they just stop making N80 and come with a new rubber instead. I don't think N80 and R5 is really similar.
I just happened to stumble on a "early bird" deal on Aliexpress for N80 for $12.50 USD, so I went ahead and ordered one. It usually goes for $18, so not a bad deal I guess.

I've been looking for a good H3 clone, so hopefully this goes well. The #1 feature that I look/hope for in rubber is a strong reaction to booster.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
I just happened to stumble on a "early bird" deal on Aliexpress for N80 for $12.50 USD, so I went ahead and ordered one. It usually goes for $18, so not a bad deal I guess.

I've been looking for a good H3 clone, so hopefully this goes well. The #1 feature that I look/hope for in rubber is a strong reaction to booster.
In theory N80 should be a good quality Orange sponge H3 alternative, just take into consideration that (as far as i know) Loki isn't offering it or making new stock anymore.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
In theory N80 should be a good quality Orange sponge H3 alternative, just take into consideration that (as far as i know) Loki isn't offering it or making new stock anymore.
So is it true that Rxton 5 Pro is the replacement for N80?

I didn't find Rxton 5 Pro too impressive. The regular Rxton 5 is better.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
So is it true that Rxton 5 Pro is the replacement for N80?

I didn't find Rxton 5 Pro too impressive. The regular Rxton 5 is better.
I didn't hear that from my sales rep, N80 was the first H3 style rubber they made then Rxton 5 Orange sponge, in theory they should share some similar characteristics. Im just saying that the rubber isnt on the 2024 catalogue and they dont have it in new stock for the future.

GTX pro isn't on the catalogue either and my agent stopped offering me stock, while some rubbers cover the niche with similar "theoretical" characteristics they didnt specify any as a "replacement"

Reactions: latej
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
IMG_20240312_191628.jpg

This just arrived

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
But it seems like Loki just cannot get the hardness accurate. Not sure if Rxton 9 is accurate because of the high price and "national" level.

But my sheet of N80 is labeled "very hard", and 49D on their scale. I was expecting something like H41, very hard and 55+ on ESN durometer. But mine is not that hard. It is maybe H39-H40.

I measured the Rxton Pink and N80. They come out to be about 56d and 50d on my durometer respectively.

Reactions: mattlamperouge
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
IMG_20240313_133249.jpg

Ok I finally get to examine this rubber for itself after months or years of hearing about this rubber. I have been told it is similar to big dipper by @mocker88 and I have been told its similar to H3 by @IB66

From what I can see and just from bouncing it, I belive that it is very similar to H3 and not close to Big dipper IMHO. The topsheet is quite tacky, similar to modern H3. Not overly tacky, but not lacking either. The topsheet feels very grippy and high quality. Overall it seems like a very very good clone of H3. The grip seems higher than rxton 5.

The bounce is quite dead, not like big dipper. It may get better after wear in. The bounce is very much like H3.

Anyways, overall it looks good. It doesnt deserve to be discontinued, so that is sad.

Reactions: mocker88 and IB66
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
After 1st day of playing with N80, it feels pretty good. The spin and grip is good, the control is good, it feels like I can grab the ball very well. The rubber is very comparable to H3 or Sanwei Target Pro, as the tack and dwell time is high. Part of that is the loop speed is much higher than the blocking/driving speed. The rubber invites the user to do big strong forehand loops, and it gives quite a lot of confidence. Loops from under the table, or counterloops all feel quite confident. The grabiness of the rubber feels quite good.

Unboosted, it seems better than Rxton 5.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2023
View attachment 28716

Ok I finally get to examine this rubber for itself after months or years of hearing about this rubber. I have been told it is similar to big dipper by @mocker88 and I have been told its similar to H3 by @IB66

From what I can see and just from bouncing it, I belive that it is very similar to H3 and not close to Big dipper IMHO. The topsheet is quite tacky, similar to modern H3. Not overly tacky, but not lacking either. The topsheet feels very grippy and high quality. Overall it seems like a very very good clone of H3. The grip seems higher than rxton 5.

The bounce is quite dead, not like big dipper. It may get better after wear in. The bounce is very much like H3.

Anyways, overall it looks good. It doesnt deserve to be discontinued, so that is sad.
What is the blade?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I think so far, N80 is probably the best low cost H3 clone there is. Rxton 9 might be really good, but I haven't tried it yet and its $30+. N80 is a very confident rubber, you can hit hard and be sure your ball is properly imparting spin and being in control.

B2 is good, but it's not really a H3 clone. The throw angle and overall feel and function is different. Sanwei Target can be good sometimes, but again the throw angle is too low and doesn't really match H3's properties.

Bloom Power and Jupiter 3 and LAC are good, but are already fast and feel boosted.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
How is Giant Dragon? I know Battle, Big Dipper, and N80 are all really good.

But I do feel N80 kinda is asking for booster. It's very moderate speed unboosted.
TopEnergy is a bit faster I guess. Not that typical Chinese top sheet, but works a little bit more like a European harder rubber. A little less spin than the others.