Most bizarre table tennis match ever?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
I think he looped more with his off hand than with his forehand. This only works if your opponent backs off the table easily like An though. If the opponent doesn't back off and just play counters to his FH and BH he'd be toast.

Reactions: blahness
This user has no status.
I think he looped more with his off hand than with his forehand. This only works if your opponent backs off the table easily like An though. If the opponent doesn't back off and just play counters to his FH and BH he'd be toast.
I agree, I think An Jaehyun gave up too early, he should be playing his normal aggressive close table game, control the short game to get the 1st attack in instead of trying to target any weakness - Noshad has some weaknesses but he knows exactly what to do when others target his weakness. For eg his BH opening loops from the FH corner are not weak at all, plus it seems like the trajectory is incredibly weird because nobody really does that plus he's a left-hander.

But kudos to Noshad, at this rate he's gonna be the new Xu Xin haha

• Haha
Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Guys, let's remember that Noshad beat Lin Gaoyuan last year playing this style at the Asian Cup (not many highlight videos so people are not aware) and he has always been pretty backhand dominant even if not this extreme (he beat Wang Liqin in 2012). The problem is that the backhand is an incredibly difficult shot to read. I am not entirely sure what CCY did to stop Noshad, but An Jaehyun is having trouble reading the speed of the attacks so he needs to back up to see where the ball is going.

People just thought it was Lin choking after CCY won, but this is not entirely new.

• Love
Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Legit the most fun pro match I've seen since getting into the sport a few months ago. Never seen a guy switch hands 4 times in a single point lol.

Right now, I'm obsessing over trying to develop a technically sound Chinese style for both my strokes and footwork. But a part of me wishes I end up playing a bizarre winning style like Alamiyan.

Interesting factoid from the reddit discussion:
"Noshad attempted 39 forehands in this video. 12 of them (31%) were attempted with his non-dominant hand... insane."

This user has no status.
Legit the most fun pro match I've seen since getting into the sport a few months ago. Never seen a guy switch hands 4 times in a single point lol.

Right now, I'm obsessing over trying to develop a technically sound Chinese style for both my strokes and footwork. But a part of me wishes I end up playing a bizarre winning style like Alamiyan.

Interesting factoid from the reddit discussion:
"Noshad attempted 39 forehands in this video. 12 of them (31%) were attempted with his non-dominant hand... insane."
Noshad also has incredible serves and touch - especially his reverse pendulum is particularly deadly from the matches I seen him play. He uses it very well to set up his BH attack. And with his short game touch he somehow always manages to either attack first and not give good attack opportunities for his opponents. The way he takes away incoming momentum is also amazing and is often something people neglect.

Truls Moregardh is another person who defies the standard two wing stable topspin-topspin style. I'm copying his BH chopblock receive of long serves shamelessly haha.

Reactions: turbozed
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Li Sun taking notes

1678598124820.png