My forehand issue

NDH

says Spin to win!
Hey UmutCosar,

Here are a few options (some have already been said).

1. Find a new coach if possible - Without seeing video of how you play, this forum can only do so much (and even with seeing video of you playing, a Coach who is half good will be better than anything we can suggest).

2. Practice, practice, practice. You don't become a bad player overnight, even with an injury.

It takes times to get back to playing very well - Keep playing and practicing!

3. Just keep faith in your own ability.

Good luck!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
Hey UmutCosar,

Here are a few options (some have already been said).

1. Find a new coach if possible - Without seeing video of how you play, this forum can only do so much (and even with seeing video of you playing, a Coach who is half good will be better than anything we can suggest).

2. Practice, practice, practice. You don't become a bad player overnight, even with an injury.

It takes times to get back to playing very well - Keep playing and practicing!

3. Just keep faith in your own ability.

Good luck!
Thanks a lot sir

But he says im a failure and he doesn't want to do anything about me.
But he also says he is in the Turkish national team, man they have best coaches in the country and not only one. 13 year old kids are privileged when they reach this high.

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: eraa
This user has no status.
@UmutCosar

I don’t know who you are and who your coach is but my advice is don’t and never give up. These are hard times. But what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger. You’ll recover. It’s normal not to play well if you are injured or have been injured.

I am very hopeful it’s only a misunderstanding between you and your coach and everything soon will be alright.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
@UmutCosar

I don’t know who you are and who your coach is but my advice is don’t and never give up. These are hard times. But what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger. You’ll recover. It’s normal not to play well if you are injured or have been injured.

I am very hopeful it’s only a misunderstanding between you and your coach and everything soon will be alright.
Thanks a lot sir.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
Hello, I am a 13-year-old boy who plays for the Turkish national team, while everything was normal until about 2 months ago, I had to leave training for 3-4 weeks as a result of a minor injury, when I returned, there was a visible deterioration in my forehand side, all my forehand hits were going out...
What kind of injury was it? An injury that puts a 13 year old out for almost a month is not minor. Even in a 13 year old, rehab from such an injury can sometimes take more than another month. If you have some residual core instability, for example, it could easily effect the stability of your forehand. The solution in this case would be proper rehab. A good coach should certainly catch this.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
What kind of injury was it? An injury that puts a 13 year old out for almost a month is not minor. Even in a 13 year old, rehab from such an injury can sometimes take more than another month. If you have some residual core instability, for example, it could easily effect the stability of your forehand. The solution in this case would be proper rehab. A good coach should certainly catch this.
i can't remember the names but the doctor said my left scapula and biceps were injured minorly

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
So, the injuries were to the arm you hold the racket with right? Bicep and scapula, you had a shoulder and upper arm injury.

There may be a very good reason why your arm does not want to do the stroke if that is the case.

What about trying to use a robot for small, basic counter hits on FH side and then move slowly towards looping. You may also use self hitting to practice the FH at an intensity that your injured arm can handle. You may also practice shadow strokes for this.

Starting with practice in some form of controlled environment may help you refind the stroke without putting yourself in a pressure situation.

I post this video often. But this is an example of self-hitting:

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
So, the injuries were to the arm you hold the racket with right? Bicep and scapula, you had a shoulder and upper arm injury.

There may be a very good reason why your arm does not want to do the stroke if that is the case.

What about trying to use a robot for small, basic counter hits on FH side and then move slowly towards looping. You may also use self hitting to practice the FH at an intensity that your injured arm can handle. You may also practice shadow strokes for this.

Starting with practice in some form of controlled environment may help you refind the stroke without putting yourself in a pressure situation.

I post this video often. But this is an example of self-hitting:

Thanks sir i will try,and yes the injuries located on my left arm and im left-handed.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Rebuild your forehand by using more of your body instead of your arm. Playing the way you did before injured you, and will injure you again if you don't change your technique.

You may be correct. But without seeing him play, without him posting footage, we don't know if this is true. And since he has not told us how he sustained the injury, the idea that his technique, or playing TT at all caused the injury is conjecture. And my guess is, if he is good enough to be on his country's national team, his technique was probably decent to start with. Only way to tell is to see footage and to hear Umut's answer to the question in the next paragraph:

UmutCosar: how did you injury your arm/shoulder?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023
You may be correct. But without seeing him play, without him posting footage, we don't know if this is true. And since he has not told us how he sustained the injury, the idea that his technique, or playing TT at all caused the injury is conjecture. And my guess is, if he is good enough to be on his country's national team, his technique was probably decent to start with. Only way to tell is to see footage and to hear Umut's answer to the question in the next paragraph:

It happened in a match,fell on my arm firstly it started to ache so bad but i continued,than i swing my arm too much on fh spin and it happened.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2023

And i can post a video as soon as possible my coach is abroad rn i can't go to the training.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
It happened in a match,fell on my arm firstly it started to ache so bad but i continued,than i swing my arm too much on fh spin and it happened.

Well, if a fall initiated it, it is likely not technique. But if the technique of a FH stroke aggravated the injury originally incurred during a fall, then, you would have to take your time to build the FH back slowly with basic steps as I said. You would also probably want to see a physical therapist and have him prescribe exercises like rotator cuff strengthening exercise to help with the rehab of the shoulder.

If you did not already have X-Rays and a doctor look at the injury, that would be important because, if you have injured your rotator cuff muscles or the cartilage in your shoulder joint (labrum in glenoid cavity), then the injury may be worse than you previously realized.

Theoretically, if a fall was the initial cause of the injury, there is also a possibility that the hyaline cartilage (hard slippery cartilage on the surface of the glenoid cavity and the head of the humerus) was damaged. It is harder to damage that. But since it was a fall, it could be any number of things.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
And i can post a video as soon as possible my coach is abroad rn i can't go to the training.

This would be helpful for people seeing what is going on.

But if it is something more complex with your shoulder (lets hope not), the proper medical treatment and the proper steps for rehabbing the shoulder would be the most important issue.

Last edited: