new Blade because of wrist problems

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
For me the problem was a too thin handle.

This, especially in combination with a head heavy blade, can also cause trouble.

From that experience, I recommend visiting a shop and touching blades over studying values and categories.

As for taking a break, it could help, if that is what a doctor recommends.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
It's true that the technique and wrist should be fixed first.

But on the other hand a lighter set up never hurts.
It was suggested earlier but this blade is guaranteed by Joola to be less then 60gr
https://www.joola.shop/en/blades/allround/4441/joola-air-fibre?c=290
While keeping good playing qualities.

Some good players in my club play with it and are very satisfied with it.
One player using it could probably beat TTD Dan if you want some kind of skill reference.

And make sure the Rubbers are lightweight too.
I just changed to different rubbers and my blade weight went from 181 Grams to 193

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2016
I trained yesterday with a blade with a small head nad this is not so good so i switched back to my defence set-up.

But i think i need a balsa blade. Beacuse i will play with soft rubber i dont want a soft outer ply. So i guess the sanwei feather carbon is out.

What do you think about the Donic Balsa Carbo fibre? and are there others with a harder ply not hinoki?

This user has no status.
Tibhar rapid carbon light, balsa core, koto outers. Original rapid carbon had smaller head and quite comfortable handle, not sure about light versions head size.

But still change in technique would eliminate wrist problems eaven if there were some seroius ones. Mri showed nothing so its nothing serius but if you play with technique that causes significant strain problem will never go away no matter how light setup you use.
There is not much blood flow to wrist tendons and it takes atleast 2-3 months for inflamation to heal.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2016
Hello again,

well it was sometimes better, sometimes worth xD

2 Games i can play without problems but this is not the goal.
So i thought because of the wrist i get classic rubbers because on this i get first more controll and second a lighter setup.
Do you think classic rubbers are still good to play, especially in the lowest classes in tabletennis?
And than what rubber? I guess Donic Coppa or so is light as a rubber even in 2.0.

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Hi LittleSeki, if I recall correctly there have been suggestions to try to adapt your technique to alleviate stressing your wrist. That's what I tried, and it works for me. I also train people with wrist and hand injuries (tendons, mostly); some of them wear hand or wrist braces when playing for additional support.

They don't play with bricks, but then again, pretty much nobody does; just regular stuff, somewhere around 185g, and balanced pretty much according to personal preference. Mine is pretty low, certainly for a spin-based player.

If you need light rubbers, you can do much worse than Coppa. If you are indeed inclined towards a balsa blade — a hitter's blade rather than a spinner's blade — that sounds like a proper match to me. Then again, equipment will likely not alleviate physical issues that much, unless you also change your stroke mechanics.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2016
I got the cybeshape for christmas so speed is even with the coppa tenero no problem i guess.
I just need it to be lighter

At the moment i have bluestorm z3 on both sides

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
Love to see your cybershape 🤩 still anxiously waiting for mine.

Btw, not sure if your wrist problem is just on one side or both. But if it's just one, then have you considered training to play with your other hand? I know a graduate student from China, he injured his right hand about half a year before he had to take the national college entrance exam (somewhat equivalent to the SAT in the U.S.), so he trained to write and use chopsticks with his left hand in a month or so. I thought that was an amazing achievement.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
Just thought I would add my experience - had the dreaded pain in the wrist too. Firstly you need to rest and recover (no table tennis) for a month or so. If you play and it causes pain, its going to get worse for your wrist and for your EJ virus.

I got it from university exams - those damn test! (before any of you try to insinuate that it was self love hahar)
I went to my doc, and got the steroid shot. And I also kept on a compression wrist band to keep it nice and warm for like a month before it got no pain. Look into compression wear. Lol when you try new equipment, you just slow yourself from your own development and healing.

ofcourse if you want to keep trying new stuff, just be aware of the honeymoon period :)